How do I get my two year old son to gain weight?

19 34

My son is 2 and he is very low in percentile in weight but he eats like a cow. His doctor has expressed many times that he is not worried about it at all he just will have a smaller frame which is genetic because his father is smaller. So my suggestion is that if you doctor didnt express any concern at his 2 yr old check up don't stress about it! My son is about 27 lbs if that. If your doctor did say something then you should ask THEM what to do about it.

1
0 13

i was told by the pediatrician to give my little girl pediasure

1
19 0

Pediasure works wonders, but they also need real food. I give my babies lentils and oatmeal every two days. This helps a lot!

0 0

i like to know the peadiasure will gain the weight

0
1

my daughtar she is of 2 yrs old she was so plumpy now she became so thin i cheked online for my problem but nothing worked what should i give her????

0
41 0

I ended up giving my daughter 10ml of flaxseed oil a day for her omega 3 (I'm sure fish oil would be just as good) she gained weight really quickly (not too much) plus it did wonders for her mental development.

0
19 21

I am having a tough time getting my 18 mos. old to eat.. he's only in the 3% range. His height is in the 60% range. I have tried all foods, fatty yogurts, smoothies, Clif bars etc etc. I just had him tested today by a natropath to determine if he has a food sensitivity that is causing an aversion to eating. If there isn't one, we will probably have to see an occupational therapist to determine if he is having troubles with texture. It's an awful feeling when they won't eat and you can't "make" them.... Good luck!

0
1 51

My 2 year old eats all day and never gets satisfied. He is over 3 ft tall and weighs bout 33 lbs. but my 3 year old was a low birth weight baby because I had preeclampsia. she was also a very picky eater and doc said I could use pediasure for when she didn't want to eat what we had.

0
0 11

I've been doing super smoothies with my son... and he has gained weight well. I do a lot of different veggies n fruit n mix it up with coconut milk or flaxmilk. He enjoys them... I also thicken it up with rice cereal for the spoonable option. He is lactose sensitive so I have found different alternatives. He gets tons of vitamins and all different color blend of veggies n fruit. Plus, it soooooo easy to bulk fiber up too in them... he eats them at five times a week or more depending on if he is teething bad and or got the allergies going on.

0
0 0

I have the same problem for my little girl. Almost brings me to tears. She is soooooo tiny. but the doctor said she is in the 50 percentile and don't worry. But a old Romanian trick is to give them vitimins with moore iron in it. I will try the pedisure and the vitimin formulation when I go back to Romania. It has to be mixed and pharmacy in the states don't do mixing anymore.

0
23 11

i have the same problem with my 3 yr old son. he was in a rear facing forrrrever because at the age of 1 he was nowhere near 20lbs. my son loves dairy. he drinks plenty of milk... whole milk. some doctors recommend switching from whole milk but the main reason is because it is more fattening. there is no nutritional reason for not drinking whole milk except for the fact that its more fattening! he eats lots of yogurt and will do anything for a frozen gogurt! pediasure can help some, and most kids will eat the most at breakfast and the meals get smaller as the day goes on. at least thats typical. i dont know if this was very helpful, ill be looking at other posts because i need help with it too! :)

0
0 15

thanks, ill try giving my son the pediasure in the morning to see if he will drink it. He goes through alot of milk and juice through out the day. I will try giving him frozen gogurt and yogurt as well.

0 15

I was about to ask the same thing, my son wont eat anything unless its fries or chips..how do i get him to eat? Going to buy pediasure today and see if that helps.

0
0 15

okay i bought flavored pediasure and my son wont drink it...thats just my luck..freakin great