How do I increase my chances of getting pregnant?

Was there anything special you did that helped you get pregnant? What would you suggest women who are trying to get pregnant do to help increase their chances?

4 20

As a mother of five...I find getting your husband drunk works splendidly! LOL

3
137 58

if my husband drinks alot before we have intercorse it take at least 20 min longer for him to ejaculate than it normally does and he drinks beer every day so im assuming that that has something to do with it too

33 23

There are all kinds of myths and wives tales on how a woman can increase her chances of being able to get pregnant. Unfortunately no one will find any guaranteed way without getting a full health check up first to find out if there may be a reason for someone not to be able to get pregnant. I know personally for me I suffer with PCOS and I have an extremely bad case of it. My doctor's told me more than once pregnancy was not even in the cards. After 8 years I gave up on the thought. I started working at a labor heavy job which gave me A LOT of exercise and my periods went back to normal without medication. Then I ended up having surgery on my hands and I stopped working. Four months later I was pregnant.

For those that are overweight in any form exercising and diets will help you to ovulate like you should. With me I was working hard labor sometimes 12 hours a day. I did not lose any weight in this time but my body did positively respond to it. Just because you are having a period does not mean that you are ovulating. Also make sure you are taking folic acid daily it helps in promoting a healthy uterus.

2
9 10

i also have PCOS. it kept us from getting pregnant for 5 yrs, but now i'm in my 3rd trimester. valerie is right, if you are have trouble, get a dr to check you out. if you have a normal cycle, there are a few things you can do to boost your chances, but nothing is a garenttee. you can buy a kit (at walmart, rite-aid,CVS lots of places) to track your ovulation. also you can learn to track w/ a basal themometer. try to limit sex to the week you ovulate. only have se every 2-3 days instead of every day. (he needs time to build up his sperm) folic acid is a great idea, but there are a few other herbs that might help. i took something called chaste tree. be carefu taking this one, it may give you multiples. also red clover is a well used fertility booster. they both help your uterus get into better baby making shape. be careful what lubes you use, many have spermicide. some are just not "sperm-friendly", including saliva. oral sex for foreplay, is not a sperm friendly way to warm up. and speaking of warm-ups, sex to get pregnant should be fun, but short. the more worked up he is, the more sperm he is killing from the extra warm temp of his body. so make it a fun quickie. and he shoudl be wearing boxers so his 'boys' can stay cool and breathe. eat a healthy diet, and excersise! do over do it, but you want a healthy body for pregnancy anyway. and if you are overweight at all, it will hurt your chances of getting pregnant. make sure you are not stressed. my trick was yoga. not only was it a god workout for me, but a huge stress reliever. it also taught me a few new positions that helped to get me pregnant. do kegels to make sure you have a strong pelvic floor to support the baby. these are all just a few tricks to help you boost your chances. but the best thing you can do, is make sure you and your partner are healthy and happy. go to the dr, get a check-up, eat a healthy diet, and get some excersise and fresh air. common sense, i know, but it's the biggest fertility boost you can give yourself. not to mention, the healthier you are, the healthier your baby will be. and the better, more energetic mommy you can be.

1
137 58

how is it that there is women who are at least 100 pounds that get pregnant without even trying? dont you think you would figure there chances would be extremely slim?? i am only about 30 lbs over weight and havent used protection for over a year now and havent concieved i have tried the bbt thing and it didnt work and they say if you worry about it too much it wont happen but i have had a dr tell me that, that isnt true, if you research about it, it just helps you be more dedicated to it

1

i invite all girl & female for sex gurgaon delhi ncr india

http://www.shree-jee.in

0
178 0

My top bit of advice is to know your cycle like the back of your hand. Track it, study it. The more accurately you can predict ovulation, the easier time you will have getting pregnant. When we were trying for our first son, I was using and online ovulation calculator, but I mistakenly thought I had a 28 day cycle. It eventually dawned on me that I actually have a 32 day cycle, and once I knew that I was pregnant that month.

0
4 0

I also recommend taking prenatals every day a couple weeks before you decide to start trying!

0
4 0

start taking vitamins i know 3 weeks b4 i got pregnant i started taking prenatals every day... then i was pregnant.

0
286 38

We weren't trying, but we had a lot of sex did it several times a day when he was home from work. Have sex as much as possiable and have fun! Don't make it about just having a baby when your not really trying it seems to happen. It happened both times for me.

0
71 10

lol this is gonna sound nuts. But it has worked for me twice so something I am doing is correct. First of all track your cycles on your calender and know when you are ovulating or in the period of time that it is most possible. Have intercourse, then put your feet on the wall like you are going to do a sit up, in that time practice kegels this helps all the sperm swim up stream where you want them. Take you prenatal vitamin! BABY DUST!! and remember its suppose to be fun!

0
200 54

i would suggest trying the ovulation tester thing.. its just like a pregnancy test only you pee on it everyday to find out when you are ovulating. once you know you're ovulating have lots ov sex! after he finishes lay down with your legs up in the air or against a wall or something (thats what i did) seemed to work when i couldnt get pregnant. or go to ur doctor and ask if theres anything you can take to increase your fertility

0
7 0

for 2 and a half years i went uder all sorts of tests and was due to get treatment called clomid in april this year to help with conception. all i have thought about is falling pregnant and for some reason the last few months i just let it slip out of my mind and gave my full attention to my two daughters and i couldnt believe it when i did a test the other week and realised i was pregnant. so i do believe in there is such a thing as trying too much and when the time is right. good luck hope your time is soon.