How do I induce labor naturally?

4 0

I have a handout on natural induction methods on my website at http://www.bestdoulas.com/induction.pdf -- it lists about 15 ways to safely induce at home.

Just keep in mind that the average first time mom gives birth at 41-1/2 weeks, and, according to ACOG, you're not past your due date until 42 weeks!

Happy Birthing :)

5
0 0

I am an ex uk midwife, now a labour and delivery nurse, I would try;
Sex - the hormone prostaglandin is the active ingredient in the gel used to induce labour, and it is present in semen.
Spicy food - the idea is if the bowel is stimulated it will stimulate the uterus.
Staying active - being upright, or when resting sitting in a forward leaning position, will encourage gravity to push the head onto the cervix, walking or dancing gently to music is great in early labour.

Good Luck!

4
1 7

Pretty much all of the above worked for me! I had sex with first and stayed on my feet dancing around my house with my first. Second, spicy food the night prior! Along it's staying active and being on my feet then rocking my pelvis forward while using sitting on a chair- instant labor! Third, spicy food again! I stayed active (walking around and dancing to music with my other kids. When my water broke, i used a birthing ball and roced my pelvis forward and back, speeding up my labor I hdmy children at 37.5, 38, & 38.5 weeks. They were still 8 lb kids!

0 21

I drank caster oil. It was horrible, but 12 hours later I checked into the hospital in labor.

3
0 11

Me too!! It was horrible but I had a baby not long after!!! It totally worked!!!

1 0

This is all ridiculous! Especially coming from a midwife!!!!!!!!!!! Let your body and the baby do what they are suppose to do!! I got caught so many times on reading these kind of midwives tips while pregnant,twice, and I now realize how useless this is! Future moms, you better read on how to raise a happy child and rest before birth! let mother nature do the rest!

2
3 30

Totally agree! Let nature run it's course. :)

0 28

Don't want to sound rude but Have a lot of sex It induced me with my first son

2
3 4

Worked for us too, doctor scraped, then sex, 4 hours later I was in active labor.

5 63

I agree with the others who said to try sex or walking briskly!

1
13 8

- Have sex
- Go for a long walk
- Eat loads of pineapple

1
1

Im 38 weeks and have tried everythng, sex- almost daily, walking- 3 times a day 30 mins each, yoga, squats, climbing stairs 10- 20 times, sittincg on all fours- everytime i feel tired..but nothing is working:-(, i am tired and want this baby in my arms asap..

0
521 10

It's nice that people have luck with this stuff. With my second child I tried everything, and she was still 10 days late, and I spent 3 days in the hospital while they were trying to soften my cervix/induce labor. Good Luck.

0
0 0

The day before I went into labor with my first I drank a ton of raspberry tea, ate pineapple, went on a long walk and had a spicy mexican dinner. I would not entertain the idea of sex the night before. There was enough going on with my body!

0
0 12

sex is the most natural way, the hormones in semen are what are used to induce labour. worked for me all three times

0
0 0

What about prime rose oil, starting at 38 weeks. I also heard rubbing it on yur perineum will help tearing....

0
0 12

coconut oil prevents tearing also

31 20

Sex,Sex and more Sex. Walking may help

0
1 0

You can also try nipple stimulation..do it yourself or if u can get your hands on a breastpump..even better! Dont turn the machine on full blast though!!

0
0 45

I disagree with all the comments above as i ave 3 children and my last child we try everything pretty much all of the above on more than 1 occasion and believe me nothing worked