How do I know when I am over feeding my baby?

How can you tell if you baby is being fed too much?

6 0

It also depends if you are feeding formula or breastmilk. If you are breastfeeding it would be very hard to overfeed as the baby would just stop nursing when they are full. Bottles are a little trickier because the formula comes out much faster and is a set amount. Your own body regulates how much the baby gets based on how they are nursing- the duration and intensity of their suckling. Checking with your pediatrician to be sure that they are on the proper growth curve for their body is the best way to be sure they are getting the proper amount! Best of luck!

3
812 21

well, if you overfeed the baby, is going to puke whatever you gave extra

3
0 19

When my son was about 3 months old he was my first born so I was a very nervious young mother of 20, I over fed him....I didn't know a three month old could vomit so far ! Needless to say I never over fed him again ha ha! He is now 26 and doing very well :)

2
56 11

In my experience, an overfed baby is a fussy baby. They get that over-full feeling that we get, and will most likely spit up the extra to help relieve it.

2
27 0

Breast or bottle? Breastfed babies will stop when they are full. Here's a helpful link:

http://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/milkcalc/

0
492 54

My breast baby boy did NOT know when to stop on the boob! I had to pry him off with my index finger, other wise he'd suck for days. My second child did however know when he was full and removed himself. To this day, the"barracuda breastfeeder" as they call it, does NOT have an OFF button when it comes to food. He is 11 and is now learning. My second child knew when he was full and latched him self off on his own. I think it depends more on if you are feeding on demand, or on a schedule. If you are worried about over feeding, stick the schedule.

0 22

well, i never thought you could overfeed a baby because they would just stop when they are full, right? my second born is now 3 months old and hes almost triple the size he was when born and i've had people tell me "maybe he's eating too much"...he has already been started on one feeding of a rice bottle per day and he still eats 13 cans of formula per month. he eats like hes starving everytime he eats a bottle (4-6 oz at a time). when he scarfs it down i have to burp him every ounce he eats and he spits a little up but hes yet to "vomit". so i suppose the question is totally a matter of opinion especially if its someone basing their opinions on their children, but everyones child is different.

0
0 22

also, if someone tells me im feeding my baby too much, im not going to refuse him food when i know hes hungry...