How do I stop my daughter from ripping off her diaper?

Some kids hate wearing diapers and will rip them off, resulting in potential disasters. How do you stop your child from pulling off her own diaper?

10 10

Its time for potty training!! My daughter got into taking off her diaper, and after talking to some of my friends I came to the conclusion that she was ready. And in less than a month she wasn't wearing diapers or pull ups. Not even at bedtime

13
4 0

Wow

1 6

Since mine were prone to it during naptime and bedtime, we would use duct tape. Worked like a charm!

7
5 9

duct tape belt like a charm

2 19

I know it sounds crazy, but if you put the diaper on backwards, they usually cant take it off. The underwear over does work too, but then I found that it was a bit more confusing when it came time for potty training. I took it as the que to start potty training, so if the diaper comes off, he has to sit on the potty.

5
22 30

Both of my kids had this problem, my daughter for almost a month everyday whenever she went to sleep, took her diaper off, pooped, and "made art". I resulted in putting a sleeper with a zipper on backwards but she could shimmy her way out of if. So I eventually would take duct tape and tape her diaer arou d her waist(not on the skin of course) she did get bored of taking her diaer off eventually but it did take time and LOTS of carpet cleaner.

4
6 2

I'am sooo glad 2 know that my little girl isent the only child that enjoys poo art lol and i belive i know own stock in carpet cleaner

55 22

we use cloth diapers and you can get snap-on covers. You might try looking for snap covers just to put over your regular diaper so she can't get to the tabs.

3
0 0

I put underwear on my daughter over her diaper. That seems to work well since the underwear fits more snug than shorts or bloomers. So far it's working. :)

3
0 14

I did the same thing when my daughter went through this phase!! haha

50 31

Staples???!!! Lol...

2
22 10

That is not a good idea. Some parents will take that idea and use it. I don’t see anything good coming from using staples. I don’t think they will be laughing out loud at the results. Safety pins will work better.

1 3

We had the same problem.. Tried onsies, taping diaper and all.. We got so desperate that we turned her footsie pj backwards so the zipper was in back.. Summer time came & it got to hot, so we just cut the feet & arms off!!! No more finger painting with pooh!! They do sell pj online that zip up the back, butvi haven't found any for summer:)

2
2 0

That's the time I switch to Pull-Ups!

2
56 21

My baby use to love playing with the velcro on her do up nappys and taking them off just so she could put it back on again. It drove me mad especially one day when I took her to clark shoe shop and some lady approached me to ask if thats was my diaper in the middle of the floor (erm no Im to big for them now) I then realised it was BB's.

She definately wasnt ready for potty training we did try, so I did nappy back to front which worked for a while until she worked out where the vellcro was but it was the pull ups which stumped her,

Shes now just turned 2 and fully potty trained so no more worrys for me

Lol good luck what ever you choose

1
0 26

i am having same issue...my daughter loves ripping off her diaper...i think its time for potty train..
she rips off her diaper and trying to put on her pants itself and shes only 22 months..!

1
22 10

22 month is a good time to start potty training. I started with my oldest at 10 months. I did it more seriously at about 18 month. It all depends on the child and how much time the parents have to devote. I shouldn’t assume that this is your 1st, but 22 months is not too young to start. Maybe it was for another child of yours or someone else’s. If your child doesn’t like the feeling of a spoiled diaper it is time to stop using them. She won’t like the feeling of it on the legs neither and will use the potty as long as you encourage her in a positive manner. Good Luck!

0 24

Put it on backwards or buy pull ups :)

1
4 23

I am having the same issue with my daughter I think it is time to start potty training her.

1
0 3

I just make sure my daughter does to sleep in PJ's, or has shorts on guring the day and she doesn't bother with her diaper.

1
2 2

In my opinion it's just an indicator that you little girl may be ready for potty training.

1
6 12

Several options...#1 onesies. #2 duct tape (really I am serious!) #3 start potty training! My dd rips off her cloth diapers and asks to be changed every time she pees in a disposable diaper. I'm going to start potty training soon!!

1
2 11

Usually that means they are ready to use the potty. Now comes the fun part...lol

1
17 4

Our twin girls started taking off their diapers at 18mos.... Tried every sort of wardrobe solution I could think of, but they always figured out the zippers/buttons/onesies/pulling off bottoms of 2pcs... I went out & bought some underpants for them and they work like a charm!!! They still take their pj's off, but they leave the underpants on :) *Knock on wood* It's been working for 6mos now! Not sure how difficult potty training will be once the time comes, but it's a solution that's worked GREAT in the meantime! Good luck :)

1
2 13

Well with my daughter we always put those cute lil blommers over her diapers but with my son its a different story we try to keep shorts on him. But hes so little sometimes those fall off an there goes the diaper. With him it was the brand of diaper the straps tend to rub there skin and that makes them want them off so we changed the brand an we have alot less bear butt running about. And my little guy is only 14 months.

1
0 5

Cloth diaper :) They make some with snap closure..very difficult for little fingers. Modern cloth diapers come easy to use as a disposable (All In Ones & pocket.styles)..rather than throwing them in the trash toss them in a wet bag & later into the wash. Saves thousands of dollars, CUTE colors & prints, & helps our Earth! It's so much easier than you'd imagine

1
0 8

I never had this problem with my first son, but my youngest started taking his off about 3 months ago (he just turned 2 years old this month). We tried putting the diaper on backwards but he would pee right through it because it's not as absorbent in the back. We also tried 1 piece pajamas that he was able to unzip, onesies that he was able to unsnap, and 2 piece pajamas that he could take the bottoms off!!! What finally worked was duct tape. I too felt like I was being cruel, but soon realized that he isn't bothered by it and actually helps me by turning around so I can get it around him. We thought that this was a sign of potty training but he doesn't realize when he has the urge to go yet so I think it will be a while.

1
1 38

Yes, taping the diapers works likes charm. Though the first couple of times with each kid was hard to do that to. Seemed almost cruel, but really needed after the number of accidents that would happen. Once all 3 got smart enough to defeat the tape, we would put underwear on over the diaper. THAT has always worked! I don't buy pull ups till they successfully go on the potty a few times.

1
8 45

We put the little panties that come with dresses over her night-time diaper. It seems to work so far, but I know it's only a matter of time before she starts pulling those off, too! Duct tape is an excellent solution. When I was a toddler I would pull my diapers off, too; my parents used duct tape on me LOL.

1
9 16

I have never had this problem, I have a 15mo old. I use Fuzzibunz though, (brand of cloth diaper) and they snap really well and there is no way she could get them off without a really good fight. If you use cloth diapers for 4 months they pay for themselves, even the expensive ones.

315 0

how old is she? My daughter when through a stage before she was one like that. I just kept her in pants and it stopped her getting to the diaper. Sorry I don't have time to read the rest of the comments and if my question was already answered.

0
24 12

If you don't feel your child is ready for potty training then put the onesie or pajamas on backwards. This helped with my triplets :)

0
3 0

When my daughter ripped her off that is the sign that they are ready to be potty trained and do not want to wear a diaper anymore!

0
10 16

We tried everything with our youngest from duct tape, putting them on backwards, putting sleepers on backwards and such and somehow the little monkey always figured out how to get the diaper off. The only thing we found that somewhat worked was a sleeper one piece outfit that she couldn't get her hands down toward her diaper, so we used that outfit alot.

She was only 1 when she went through this, so she was still too young for potty training, but she only did it when she was wet and stinky. We noticed that once she could tell us instead of show us she stopped trying to remove her diapers, but it was a long 5 months of going out of our minds with cleaning up messes and searching for removed diapers (she had a habit of hiding them as well). We think another part was that we were potty training her older sister who was 3 and she was trying to copy her.

0
3 0

well i usually put duck tape on the nappy or bits of string on the nappy with duck tape and put on his shoulders..

0
120 0

Wow, it surprises me how many people think it is normal to force babies to pee in diapers, and then wonder why it's so hard to potty train later. I have a two month old and I do diaper free time, and she already tries to tell me when she needs to pee so I can take her diaper off.

0
0 0

has she learned french also?? at 8 weeks babies are only mastering their facial expressions.... me thinks you're reading into it a little. let us know how things are in a couple of years.

0 0

WEBSITE I FOUND AFTER GETTING TIRED OF DUCT TAPE FOR MONTHS W MY ESPECIALLY SMART BABY-WWW.DIAPERNANNYPAJAMAS.COM

0
3 0

My daughter started ripping her diaper off right before we started potty training. She would do it any time her diaper was "ew". To get her to keep it on, we would either put it on backwards (which eventually stopped working), or we would use ducktape (which would make her mad). We talked to her doctor about it and he said that it was a sign that she was ready to potty train.

0
60 13

with one of my daughters she was to young to understand potty training so we had to use duct tape!! it was the ONLY thing that kept me from having to scrub poo off the walls and crib and her every single day!!!! she is now 8!!! lol she drove us nuts with that!!!!

0
6 6

definatly if they start taking of that diaper all the time it is a que that he/she is ready to be trained

0
22 10

There is not a “right" age to start potty training here people. If your child doesn’t like a spoiled diaper on then start encouraging potty training in a positive way. Use a potty chart with stickers for rewards. Works for most children. Make sure your chart has all the steps; pull down pants, sit on potty, go pee and/or poop, wipe and flush or pull up pants, and last wash hands. THis way your child is bound to get at least one sticker for trying and will build on their confidence. Place the potty in an easy access spot (you can always move it to a more suitable place later on down the potty training road). Plus, if you take away the diaper fully they are going to learn faster b/c they won’t like the feeling of pee on their legs. It will only be something like 3 days of peeing their pants before they are choosing the potty instead. Take away the pants and underpants all together and you increased your success rate even more. Thou you are still bond to have accidents every so often. If you do use a training pant, make sure to only use it at night, and don’t over use it (31/2 and up). Just like everything else in life, it takes practice to master getting up from your sleep to use the bathroom. Remember to remain patient, positive and encouraging. Their confidence can either be made or broken here, especially when an older toddler wets the bed.
If your child isn’t liking the feeling of a spoiled diaper it seems cruel to make them have to wear it. It would be torches it someone did this to us.

0
10 20

My daughter has been taking off here diaper for months now, and she's 21 months. At night, she sleeps in a onesie with a pair of pants. When I run out of clean onesies, I put her diaper on backwards. The only problem with the backwards diaper is if she urinates a lot, it usually ends up on the clothes. But on her clothes is much better than all over her sheets and mattress.

0
97 28

I am having the same problem if she can get her pants off or isn't wearing any then she will sit right in front of you and take it off especially if it is wet. I think she is ready to introduce to the potty but my hubby is still a little unsure about introducing her at only 14 mo old...but he will be happy when we aren't going to have to pay to have two in diapers here in about 6mo...lol

0
30 51

i had to use diaper pins on my little one i would put the pins right over her velcro taped ones , it worked i know she wasnt ready for the potty. she was just being a little "stinker" exploring her world. lol

0
22 27

I put onsies on my son when he did this. they can't get them off while wearing one. and if she's at a potty trainable age - try and start her.

0
2 13

She is telling you that she is ready to potty train! Good luck!

0
13 19

It may sound silly but duct tape! My lil nudist was always taking off her clothes & diapers especially when she was in her room for nap or bedtime. So when we couldn't watch her we would tape the diaper shut with duct tape. They won't be able to get out but you can easily tear it off. Good luck! I know how frustrating it can be

0