How do I treat cradle cap?

What are some easy remedies for treating cradle cap?

1

name of dental cap lution

0
1,380 16

I was told by my doctor to use head and shoulders. It worked better than anything else I have tried.

0
0 0

so far the gentle naturals shampoo is doing the job i choose it becase its free of dyes, fragrance and paraben free along with this I also put vaseline on her hair to give an extra boost to loosen up the scales. it takes some time though i wish they never had to go threw that. I've ben thinking of using head & shoulders my pediatrician suggested it because it contains selenium i'll try that next if this fails.

0
10 0

Nothing worked on my LO until I smeared her head with Vasoline and let her sleep with it on her head overnight. I put an old sheet on her crib so it wouldn't stain her nice ones. In the morning, I took a fine-tooth comb and combed it out. It comes right out, but it's dead skin, so it's kind of gross.

To wash it out, use dish soap.

0
3 0

one of my twin 3 month old babies has it. my mother-in-law just scrubed it lightly while giving him a bath. It made it flaky but it's starting to look better now. my doctor told me that i can leave it alone and it'll go away or scrub it gently with baby oil.

0
5 3

A natural method is to make a paste using baking soda and a small amount of water (to get it to a paste consistency). Smear this on your baby's head and leave for a minute before rinsing off. You can do this on alternate days until the cradle cap levels reduce. I found it much easier to do during bath time for obvious reasons.

0
10 21

That was also my problem with my baby when he was 2months old. I used baby oil & massage his head, it only worked for a while & cradle crap comes back again.. Someone recommended me to use a very small amount of selsun blue twice a week (the red cap/medicated) and it worked miraculously on his second bath,and on the third it's all gone and never come back again.

0
0 0

It sounds harsh, but try using Selsun Blue shampoo. My doc recommended it for one of my kids when they were little.

0
0 10

I use olive oil on their head and comb it out. Try not to comb to hard cause it can be attached to hair so it can pull out their hair. :( which isn't good! Also we went camping and my youngest hair got oily on it's own and the cradle cap started coming out.

0
17 2

I did the same (apply olive oil and brush it gently) and it worked perfectly.