How do I treat rashes that don't seem like eczema?

3 10

Use pure and natural shea butter.it works greatly for any skin types.

3
2 6

GOATS MILK SOAP!!!!Available from the chemist, under $3 for a bar. I suffer from weird skin that has been suggested everything from prickly heat, to allergies, to stress related skin stuff. I have tried EVERYTHING, bicarb bathes and pastes, pinetarsol soap, lotion cream, nappy rash cream, curash powder...blah blah blah. This has not stopped my skin from getting rashey, but it takes away the redness, soreness, and the rash itself after 3 washes!!!!i love it and recommend it for anyone to try.Good luck.

2
6 35

I'd look at the diet. I grew up with horrible eczemas and allergies. Some grew away with age, but wheat is a big culprit when it comes to skin conditions and eczema. Wheat triggers bad hand eczema for me, so I do gluten-free/wheat free for me and my kids.

2
0 18

It sounds like it might be a tomato allergy. My daughter only ever got a rash on her face and the Dr determined it was the high acidic level in tomatoes.

1
0 4

I had the same allergy as a kid. I love tomatoes now that I'm older!!!

2 19

I used Burt's Bee's baby diaper ointment. It worked great for my daughter! If your child gets frequent rashes, you may also want to try changing the diet. Gluten sensitivity/celiac disease can cause skin irritations and has been linked to eczema. Good luck!

1
0 0

Watch what you are eating it may be a food allergy. The next step is to use african black soap and shea butter together. www.majesticbodycare.com has these products. It helped my family.

0
0 0

I just recently found out that my child does not have eczema, after be diagnosed with it as an infant. So after almost 6 years I started using my Cereve sa skin renewing lotion on his body, and it works wonders. His skin is so smooth now. I'm just a little weary that it won't last. Usually when I find something that seems to work, it's just short term relief. I have used the Cereve sa on my child for almost 3 weeks now and I am so happy. I order it from Amazon because it's cheaper, but you can get it any drug store from anywhere between 12-16 bucks.

0
40 20

Google Robyn O'Brien Ted Talk on you tube. She is a Mom of four with allergies who researched it. What she has to say will later your life and eliminate excema and rashes due to food forever.

0
7 0

use SKINCERITY. its designed to be used as a nightly masque for any area of the body. it is to be used for ANY skin condition as its main objective is to repair the skin. you can use with any cream that you already like to use, but Skincerity actually magnifies the effects of your favorite regimen cream. it doesnt rub off or transfer onto bedding or clothes and simply washes off in the morning with the specialized soft cloth it comes with to help with reducing friction on the skin. i cant stress enough how this product has changed my life as i can now sleep at night through no longer itching and getting sweat rashes, but also i used it on my baby as the cream the doctor prescribed had way too many chemicals in it and i didnt want to use steroids on my child. email me for more info.... honestly, its amazing and will use this product for everything.... spots, age spots, burns, scars, eczema, acne. damaged skin, rashes, redness, wrinkles, EVERYTHING! you name it, skincerity does it.

0
7 0

sorry my email address is skinceritykai@hotmail.com

6 0

My 8 month old daughter had the same problem...the one thing that is good is this medicated creamed called desonide...you can only get it with a prescription an it clears up any rash!

0
9 0

Melaleuca lotion is by far the best. My daughter would break out in these uncomfortable and itchy rashes when she was younger. We tried everything: Aveeno, Vaseline brand, Eucerine, Burts Bees, etc. and no matter what, she would cry during bath time and after because she said it would sting so badly. One week, I was at Target every single night buying a new product for her to try just hoping we would find something that worked. We finally gave in and try a topical steroid cream at her doctors request and that did absolutely nothing.
Then a friend told me about Melaleuca. That was 3 years ago and she hasn't had a breakout since. We solely use Melaleuca's lotion and body wash as well as other products like detergent and these have prevented her break outs. We will never use anything else and I tell all my friends about them. They are awesome. Feel free to inbox me with any questions...happy to share my story. :)
Hillary :)

0
4 0

If it's really bad and needs instant itch relief, I'd say use Aveeno Oatmeal bath and let em' soak!

0
12 19

see your Dr. and check it out first

0
2 20

i would recomend go to any african store and ask for the black african soap not the bar soap it is in a plastic container one look u wont wanna use it because it looks darn black but it works wonders wet your palms with the black soap apply it as u would lotion before baby takes bath and use it everyday i guarantee 2-3 days u will not believe how smooth the baby's skin starts looking and after a week no trace of the rashes watsoever i use it on ma daughter as we speak she has sufferd from all types of rashes since she was 5 months old to when she turned 3 and it got worse to the extent she would scratch until she bleeds dermat... steroids dont help but the black soap i swear by it let me know if u get it and if not i will be very happy to send it to u if u r in the states here is my email aibobfr@yahoo.fr

0
0 0

taka a pill call atarak. It works very good on a rash, It also works good for hives.

0
0 1

How about rashes that are only on the face (cheeks)?

0
9 21

There is another viral rash called "slapped cheek" or "fifth disease". I only know about it because my daughter once had a related one (I think it was forth disease). If your child symptoms are sudden it might be slapped cheek. If they are long term, I can't say what it is. I just know that you can get long term symptoms like this because I met a child that had long term cheek rashes.

0 0

Go see your dermatologist! There are so many things that might look like eczema that need totally different treatment. For example, it it's really a fungus (ringworm) and you put a topical steroid on it, the fungus gets worse and may be more difficult to get rid of later. Many kids with eczema also get a virus called molluscum and that can spread like crazy if the kids are not treated and scratching it.

0
4 0

My son has always had some sort of rash problem since he was about 4 months old. I have used aveeno baby, the baby oatmeal bath stuff, changed laundry detergents, i've found that what works best for him is non scented laundry detergent, dove soap and never miss a day of his moisturizing cream... Glaxal base. He finds this one the best cuz it's less irratating to his skin. Other sensitive creams made his skin burn and pick. He has never been diagnosed with exzema, i myself don't believe that's what he has... I think he just has sensitive skin.

0
1 0

A friend of mine has a daughter who had horrrrible rashes that they kept saying was exzema and finally they put her on an inhaler for asthma (after she pushed and pushed b/c she is so young) and it cleared up. It was athsma/allergies. Something to maybe rule out?

0
0 0

Arbonne's ABC baby lotion works beautifully, All of our products are formualted without gluten, parabens, mineral oil, and animal by-products. They are vegan certitifed and, even bette,r they work! I know adults, including a pediatrician friend, who uses the baby lotion for her eczema.

0
3 0

Well I have learned that everything stems from the gut. Try to get some child probiotics and talk to your doctor..

0
83 0

Sometimes skin issues are due to a deficiency of omega 3 fatty acids. Most of us don't get enough in our diets. I get my supplement from Life Extension Foundation--very high quality.

0
6 11

Virgin coconut oil is great on its own for all types of rashes & skin problems but if you want something super, super fab try the healing balm here: http://www.divineinfusions.com/HealingBalm.html
Best of luck :)

0
11 0

At the red, angry onset, the best is oatmeal. soothing and calming, The OGbaby Tubby Rubbies are belnded with skin soothing herbs to really soothe and reduce inflammation.
at the crusty, stage, polishing with organci body polish gently removes the dead skin, allowing the therapeutic oils to penetrate and heal the area. Follwoed up by the OGbaby Barrier Balm. It is a the organic, and effective way to go (www.trilliumorganics.com)
I create dthese products for my family, and community, and only the real winners are sold on our site.

0
4 21

My daughter has dry skin. She gets rashes ALL the time. I use Cetaphil lotion, give her tea baths, oatmeal baths that helps to. For a tea bath you get the bag tea and use bout 20-30 bags of tea to make a strong bath. Let them play like normal. It kills bacteria on the skin and works wonders for diaper rashes to. Oatmeal baths you use ground up oatmeal and put itin a cheese cloth and tie it. Throe a few in the bath to give it a milky look. Let em soak n play for bout 15-120 mins. Soothes and helps heal rashes

0
9 21

We just use Sorbaline daily or Gaia Cream (low irritant barrier cream). In bad cases we use cortisone cream and with sudden flare ups we use Phenergan (strong anti-histamine).

-1
9 21

I don't know who added the negative vote here, but you really should try these options before you knock them. Daughter currently has a flare up and the 0.5% cortisone is doing wonders. BTW linked the worst flare ups to eating of nuts. Just a comment to Circle of Mums - negative votes for comments is really unhelpful and has caused me to stop using Circle of Mums for about 6 months.

27 39

doterra essential oils lavendar and melaleuca can be used for any skin rash or problem.

-1
2 14

I'm willing to give it a try! :-)