How do I treat a terrible cough/cold without a doctor prescription?

What are some remedies you know of for treating a cough or cold that don't require a trip to the doctor's office?

1

my daughter aged 3years and 6 months old. she is having terrible cough and light fever
she refused to eat anything . she spitting every food items what is the home remedy?

0
0 0

hat to gave her

4 0

Author: Anna Chan
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Posted: 05-03-2010
Views: 2,957
Character Length: 294
Questions received: Not available for contact
Keywords: cough, peppermint

I have been having this irritting cough which seems to only appear at night. After reading some of other testimonials on cough, I decided to try rubbing peppermint on my chest as suggested by one contributor I am amazed that it provided quick relief and my cough got considerably bearable. www.ylwebsite.com/kariuhlman

0
254 28

The biggest thing I have learned for coughs, whether you use a homemade remedy of honey/lemon or over the counter medicines is NO DRINKING for 30 minutes after. Let the medicine soothe the throat so you can get some relief. Believe me, not one of my kids's favorite rules with medicine taking as instant reaction is to get a drink from that nasty stuff, but if you wash it right way, it provides no help. I like honey/lemon because I can use often for a horrible cough. I also like the vicks plug ins at night or sometimes will even carry the jar of Vicks around with me for some whiffs during the day to clear me up. Thankfully we are not sick often :)

0
621 0

I found steaming my kids in the bathroom for half hour helps a cough as well as putting a humidifier in their room. My 6 yr old son has asthma and his doctor has told me that cough medicines dont really do much so I never use them. I put vicks in the humidifier and that works wonders their coughs are usually gone the next day or 2

0
0 0

You can try honey or palm oil mixed with sugar Ve tried it and it worked.

0
6 59

I found in my experience with having three kids, is a few things. Keep the Room at a cool temperature, sleep her or him in the infant car seat so they are elevated. I even slept with my head out the front one night. Fresh air seems to help

0
0 0

There were several solutions when i first received this from you last week. I saved it so I could try some of them. I have a cold, now, and wanted to see what would be best for me, but now there are only two, which are not for me. Can I get the remedies previously printed? If so, how?

0
1 25

If your child is old enough, a spoonful of honey soothes a cough. Not for children under 1, however! I've also heard that putting Vick's Vaporub on the soles of kids feet can help with a cough, too. I've tried it... can't say it helped but it didn't hurt. Try a humidifier in his/her room at night.

0
0 0

what i tried for cough and it really a magic is a couple of drink of boiled Guava leafes.

0
0 0

something to make kids to get fat