How do you avoid taking your frustration out on your kids?

After a long day or during a stressful time, it is easy to become frustrated with your children more quickly. How do you make sure that when you're having a rough day to don't accidentally take it out on your kids?

1,565 0

I definitely warn the kids when I'm getting to the end of my rope. It helps to have another adult to talk to - even if I just send a message to my husband or a good friend. Sometimes too, I'll let the kids do something special (like take out a game or some art supplies they haven't seen in awhile) to entertain them and give me a break.

0
503 54

I tell my kids straight up, "I've had a ROUGH day. I love you guys, but I am LOW on patience so, "can ya help a mother out?" They usually say, "go take a steam shower mom or go workout." We will be fine. OX

0
1 0

When i get over whelmed with my kids I just tickle them or do something that makes them laugh. it melts my heart

0
0 15

I turn to my husband, and normally he can read me before I have to tell him to deal with it. I then go to my "quiet place" (my bedroom) and do something like read, write, or even watch tv, then by then she has probably already tried to come in and push me to the limit.....no more of that finally put a lock on inside and boy she was NOT happy. N E way then once I feel as if im ok ndready to deal with the issue again, I then talk to her about it. 11 yr. old princess with the mouth of OMG I can't even begin to go there but youngest out of 6....lol

0