How do you carve out time for yourself?

Motherhood is demanding, and it doesn't stop just because you need a break. But taking care of yourself is vital if you want to be fully present for your children. How do you carve out a little me time so you can keep your batteries recharged?

11 10

I put in a movie that I want to watch right after the boys go to bed. I watch it as long as I can then go to bed. Another thing that I do is take lessons that I want. I take violin and piano lessons for me. By doing something I enjoy helps a great deal. Sometimes it's as simple a fixing my favorite food for supper (even if it's breakfast for supper). Me time doesn't always have to be something big. It helps having a little time even a nice hot bath for 1/2 hour or so.

3
9 10

I run. It's time away from every one, and a great time to be close to God,and pray. I feel refreshed when I get home.

3
22 0

when they are in bed i watch tv/relax/talk to hubby/read usually and i try to have hubby do daddy time so i can go out and we trade doing mommy time, too we try to take them to do special things like going out to eat, the park, fishing, for a walk, etc..and so its good for us to have time with our kids alone and to ge ta break, too. mom's night in my new mom's group have been great, too!

3
3 4

As a mother of seven, there definitely is not enough time in the day to get as much time to myself as I would like. However most of my me time come from early mornings before the children get up, during my fitness time, and I lay the younger children down by 9p so I have about an hour and half window before I rest. My favorite is I plan a weekend trip every April with some friends and family with no children called "The Girls Weekend Away" so much Fun! Fun! Fun!

3
19 12

It all depends on how old the children are. If you believe in naptime like I do, I would lay my kids down for a nap for about an hour or an hour and a half and that would be my quite time. I usually watched a movie or did some reading while they were sleep. Another thing is if you have a good friend or a family member that would watch the kids for an hour or two, this is a good time for doing something for yourself like going to get your hair or nails done or going to the spa or just going out to eat with a friend.

2
2 0

Hubby puts our 3 yr old daughter to bed (reads books, and stays with her for 10-15 min afterwards until she falls asleep) while I read magazines! :) One Sunday a month I hang out with my cousin in the OC and early Sat mornings I go workout with my trainer so those are daddy & daughter times! It works out great!

2
1 0

Every night , after my infant and toddler are in bed, I take a half an hour (or more) to soak in a bubble bath with a good book (and sometimes a glass of wine). I've been doing this since my now two year old was only a few months old. It's me time. It's my quiet time, it's time to pamper myself, it's my time to wind down. My husband knows my ritual and not to mess with it...sometimes he'll even clean the kitchen while I'm in there!

1
13 9

I run nearly every morning. Plus I read, but that's usually when I am nursing a baby or toddler.

1
1 0

I have a 12 year old, 9 year old and 5 year old. So, it is always crazy with activities and sports. I get "girl time" a couple of times a week! I started selling jewelry with Premier Designs. I LOVE it. I get time for myself - it makes me feel good about myself and I make good money. Plus I even earned a free cruise for my hubby and I. So we get to spend some time together away from the kids. My schedule is crazy, but it helps me feel good about myself, and I have a lot of fun at the same time!

1
24 0

time managment always worked for me. I'm a stay home mom to a 9 month old and I have learned to rest while she's resting but for just 30 minutes and if she is still sleeping then I put some quiet music on take a deep breath while getting things done like sitting down and making a list of my goals for the year and just everyday little things. Sundays is my day so my husband will take care of our daughter and I will get a massage and relax at a spa getting myself pampered. My husband wants me to get out and have time for myself so I schedule things and we make it happen. Good luck and remember to always breath.

0