How do you deal with a 4 year old with speech delay?

By the time a child is 4 years old, they are usually talking up a storm. However, if your child's speech is delayed, what practical steps can and should a mom take?

1 19

my daughter has a speech delay and we actually taught her sign language so she could communicate with us as she was getting so frustrated. we got a macaton book which mr tumble signs and used that and this has helped her speech come on in leaps and bounds she still signs if she doesnt know what the word she wants to speak is.

6
1 0

I’m Mercy brown by name I have a few testimony to share with you all about myself, I was in a relationship with this guy and for 3years and we were about getting married when we both have misunderstanding with each other and he ask me for a divorce and we both agreed and after 4months I head that he was having an affair with one of my closest friend and I was very upset and worried so a friend of my advice me and told me if I still love my ex and if I really want to have him back so I told her yes, and she ask me to contact Dr. Madurai the spell caster and I did although I never believe on spell so he gave me something when he was casting the spell and ask me to say my wishes on it and after the casting of the spell a receive a phone call from my ex and was ask me at which I did and now we are back together again I’m so happy and I wish not to ever have this mistake again in my life. I will also advice anyone with this kind of issue to contact him for help he is really nice on phone and always there to answer you question giving you the good advice that you need. his email is maduraitemple@yahoo.com

6 1

My daughter is 4yr with speech delay and she attends speech therapy. It is also important to read age appropriate books to her
everyday. Don't get discouraged and pray for peace, patience, and joy for your child.

5
0 0

A GREAT SPELL CASTER THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX LOVER. What a wonderful and a straight forward spell caster that has brought back joy and happiness into my life!!! Am giving this testimony because am so happy, I want to thank Dr. Ken for the great thing He has done in my life , He brought happiness back to my life, I never believed in spell casters until my life fell apart when my lover of 6 years decided to call it quit almost when we wanted to get married. I was so emotional breakdown to the extent i could not do anything reasonable again, after 3months in pain before an old friend of mine introduced me to a spell caster on line called Dr Ken, this was after I have been scammed by various fake spell casters. I was introduced to Dr Ken a true Spell Caster. In less than 38 hours i saw wonders, my lover came back to me and my life got back just like a completed puzzle, and after 1month later we got married and it was just like a dream to me because i thought i had lost him forever. Thank you Dr. Ken for helping me but most of all, Your Honesty and Fast Accurate Results. EMAIL HIM FOR HELP: supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com or through his number +2348074433380. View through his website and Contact him there: http://supersolutionhome.webs.com You can also read my testimony on my blogger: http://peggygold.blogspot.com

3 31

I identified a speech delay in my son when he was approximately 18 months old. If I waited for an "official" diagnosis, he would probably still be struggling. I started him with a private speech therapist at approximately 20 months. I got him approved for Early Intervention at 2. I sought out everything I could find on speech delays. The book The Late Talker was very helpful. I found it when Beckett was nearly 2. I wish I'd found it much earlier. The book described a condition called Apraxia. I think my son had it, and I treated him accordingly. Fish oils, especially in a particular combination, can be very helpful. Apraxia, particularly, but other speech disorders as well respond to clearing up pathogenic organisms in the gut. Digestive enzymes and probiotics have been a big help. My son had speech therapy anywhere from 2x/week to 5x/week for the last three years, but the things that really helped him leap forward were the additions of the supplements. Lately, we have been seeing a homeopath who has given him a remedy that caused another leap forward. At the age of almost 5, he is almost completely caught up.

4
4 0

Hi Zoey, Can you please share with me the stuff in details that u used to help him? My daughter is 3 and same thing...we have been doing the speech therapy once a week. I've also read about the gut problem and i gave her soy milk like alot of ppl said and wala...she was putting 2 words together. We had to stop soy due to allergic reaction. I would glad if you can share some tip. Thanks!

1 4

My now 6 yr old and my 3 yr old both have verbal apraxia (in essence, a special form of speech delay), both were diagnosed early, both entered free community health programs at about 2.5 yrs. The 6 yr old "caught up" at about 4.5 years and my 3 yr old was lucky to be included in an intensive apraxia clinic at the University of Alberta and continues to make progress.
Daily practice with a parent/caregiver is crucial - and make it fun, such as singing into mirrors, chalk writing a "B" and dancing around it practicing B sounds and words, etc. A great resource is a book called "It Takes Two to Talk" by Pepper and Weitzman. And a trick to cut down on frustration is to take photos of essential practical items (snacks, toys, places, etc) and display them on your fridge or somewhere accessible for the child so that your child may bring you a picture of their "juice" when they want it or a picture of their favorite park when they just can't quite communicate what they want - this becomes a great opportunity to model and practice the word with them.

3
5 0

Out of respect for you and your spells I must make this testimony known to all. I've been to other spell casters without seeing any result.I just wished I came to you earlier, i got the best from you. My ex husband was gone for a year and I went everywhere and other spell casters for help but no result until my friend introduce me to Dr. Ken. After the Love Spell was done, I finally got a calls from him. His spells worked wonders and my husband is back with full of love. It was like a miracle! He suddenly came back with flowers saying that i should forgive him, i was truly flabbergasted and shocked when my husband kneel down begging for forgiveness and for me to accept him back..I'm really short of words and joyful, you are a God sent to me and my entire family.. And now i am a joyful woman once again. Thank you so much Dr. Ken. To everyone who is looking for a real spell caster contact Dr. Ken, supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com Via web site supersolutionhome.webs.com Or you can call him +2348074433380.

675 1

Do as my sister did. She had my niece evaluated at age three was found to have been born with a disconnect in her brain to her mouth. The words were stored in her brain but she couldn't verbalize. After a few months with a speech therapist, she Is a chatty nearly four year old and quite happy with herself ;)

2
0 0

My name is tucker stacey.This is a very joyful day of my life because of the help Dr.Trust has rendered to me by helping me get my ex husband back with his magic and love spell. i was married for 6 years and it was so terrible because my husband was really cheating on me and was seeking for a divorce but when i came across Dr.Trust email on the internet on how he help so many people to get thier ex back and help fixing relationship.and make people to be happy in their relationship. i explained my situation to him and then seek his help but to my greatest surprise he told me that he will help me with my case and here i am now celebrating because my Husband has change totally for good. He always want to be by me and can not do anything without my present. i am really enjoying my marriage, what a great celebration. i will keep on testifying on the internet because Dr.Trust is truly a real spell caster. DO YOU NEED HELP THEN CONTACT DOCTOR TRUST NOW VIA EMAIL: Ultimatespellcast@gmail.com or call +2348156885231 or ultimatespellcast@yahoo.com. He is the only answer to your problem and make you feel happy in your relationship. his Via web sit: http://ultimatespellcast8.wix.com/ultimatespellcast

0 0

Speech delays are hard, sign language, early intervention, picture books of everyday items ) made with photos you take), and reading, reading, and more reading helps a ton. I am also using a great online program called Speechtails (.com). We love it and are having success! I love being able to ask questions of a SLP whenever I need to and I can do that on Speechtails!

Good Luck!

1
1 4

my son had speech therapy for a short period at around 20 months and was released from the program as right were he should be developementally. I didn't really notice much progress and had his preschool screening as earl as possible as soon as he turned 3. He qualified for a wonderful program through our school district and has been making excellent strides. I think he will do fine entering kindergarten after 2 years of phenetics training. Start with your doctor, they can usually make great recomendations, but trust your instinct, you are wth him every day.

1
0 0

My name is Pamela Doris...My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website, because my dream was to start a new life with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested for a specific love spell for me and my husband, and i accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his love spell. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me,my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds.The spell is work perfectly and my husband is now back to me again.My “husband” is back and we went to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr.Ogala for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: Ogalalovespell@yahoo.com or call him, +2348147673679. Web: http://ogalalovespell.wix.com/ogalalovespell

14 7

Every state has an early intervention program but your child is too old you age out at 3 you will have to get the child evaluated on your own or you will not get help until they get to school the earlier the better. Everyone should have their child evaluated at 18 months by E.I. they pick up things you are not even aware of that is your best answer. I had my twins evaluated for speech and they ended up getting OT and PT.I would have had no idea they needed the help they got and are still receiving.

1
23 18

Not necessarily true on the aging out....IF there is a problem there are agencies that help children over the age of 3, Head Start , for one, and the child goes to a center for age appropriate help, it is just not done at home. There ARE still programs available. Contact ur department of human services, they can tell you the right place to call to get help.

28 14

You should bring your child to a professional developemental person. If you go to your local immunization building, they will most likely be able to tell you where you can find one. They can tell you everything you need: advice, techniques, information, and everything else that comes along with it. Don't be discouraged, all children grow at their own rate.

1
1 15

My older son didn't speak until he was over 2 years old. We had him in speech therapy, then Early On (Michigan's early intervention program), then another early childhood program where a preschool teacher was at our house twice a week to work with him. We also took him to local playgroups (free through Early On) for interaction with other kids his age. Our pediatrician referred us to Early On, who referred us to the playgroups and the early childhood program. Check with the pediatrician for possible referrals, and also check your local school district - by law they have to provide special services (speech, etc.) to qualifying preschoolers in their district (check with the special ed department). Those are two good places to start!

1
5 20

Amanda K. is right. You should start by seeing your pediatrician to see if there is an official diagnosis. If so, you can get state services to support your child's "special need." When the child begins school, his/her services will be transferred to the school district for administration. In addition, you can begin using sign language with your child. We used Signing Time videos. Signing helps a lot to reduce communication frustration between the two of you and the child will naturally stop signing when he/she begins saying the words. My 4-yr-old son has Down syndrome and has done very well with signing and speech therapies. We highly recommend them!

0 0

I can't believe that i was able to get my Husband back who left me and followed another woman, When he left me i almost took my life because i loved him so much and i never believed that he would have done this to me, but i am so happy today that the world have someone like DR DAN who can use his powers through the act of spell casting to reunite broken marriage and relationship. I actually came to realize this when i saw his email address online and contacted him and to my surprise i was able to get my husband back within 4DAYS. I must say that through DR DAN my problem was solved. You can contact him through this Email: blessedspellhome@hotmail.com for help.. website: http://blessedspellhome4.wixsite.com/mysite or call him +13109813315

0
1 0

My husband is back and am so Excited My life became devastated when my husband sent me packing, after 8 years that we have been together. I was lost and helpless after trying so many ways to make my husband take me back. One day at work, i was absent minded not knowing that my boss was calling me, so he sat and asked me what its was all about i told him and he smiled and said that it was not a problem. I never understand what he meant by it wasn't a problem getting my husband back, he said he used a spell to get his wife back when she left him for another man and now they are together till date and at first i was shocked hearing such thing from my boss. He gave me an email address of the great spell caster who helped him get his wife back, i never believed this would work but i had no choice that to get in contact with the spell caster which i did, and he requested for my information and that of my husband to enable him cast the spell and i sent him the details, but after two days, my mom called me that my husband came pleading that he wants me back, i never believed it because it was just like a dream and i had to rush down to my mothers place and to my greatest surprise, my husband was kneeling before me pleading for forgiveness that he wants me and the kid back home, then i gave Happy a call regarding sudden change of my husband and he made it clear to me that my husband will love me till the end of the world, that he will never leave my sight. Now me and my husband is back together again and has started doing pleasant things he hasn't done before, he makes me happy and do what he is suppose to do as a man without nagging. Please if you need help of any kind, kindly contact Happy for help and you can reach him via email: happylovespell2@gmail.com call +2348133873774 about his service and web site: http://happyspelltemple.webs.com/

0
0 0

Am CHLOE OLIS from united States This is a testimony that I will tell to every one to hear. I have been married four 8years and on the ninth year of my marriage, another woman did a spell to take my Husband away from me and my husband left me and my 2kids to suffered for 3years until I met a post where this man DR DAN have helped someone and I decided to give him a try to help me bring my Husband back home and believe me I just contacted him and he promise to help me and after 4days as he have told me, I saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why I am so happy now..... To every one of you in similar problem should please contact DR DAN and have your lover back to your LIFE. His email: blessedspellhome@hotmail.com or website http://blessedspellhome4.wixsite.com/mysite or call him +13109813315

0
0 0

I had doubts about magic spells after purchasing many spells that never worked and actually decided to never buy a spell again. I have tried different casters.. Some of them never answered me after I paid and were obvious scammers, some really cast a spell but for some reason it didn’t work. Then I saw a review on a forum with a person who was mentioning she had results with Dr Azuka. Despite the suspicions I had her site looked real so I gave spells a last try. It’s probably the best decision I ever made in my life because it worked and my Husband came back with me. If you’re looking for a good spell caster look no further,Dr Azuka surpass all other spell casters, believe me! Thank you Dr Azuka for your help. You can contact Dr Azuka via Email:Azukaspelltemple11@yahoo.com You can also contact him through his telephone number +23407015512468
Below are the things that he can do

1)If you want your ex back.
(2) if you always have bad dreams.
(3)You want to be promoted in your office.
(4)You want women/men to run after you.
(5)If you want a child.
(6)[You want to be rich.
(7)You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours
forever.
(8)If you need financial assistance.
(9)If you want to stop your Divorce
10)Help bringing people out of prison
(11)Marriage Spells
(12)Miracle Spells
(13)Beauty Spells
(14)PROPHECY CHARM
(15)Attraction Spells
(16)Evil Eye Spells
(17)Kissing Spell
(18)Remove Sickness Spells
(19)ELECTION WINNING SPELLS
(20)SUCCESS IN EXAMS SPELLS
(21Have You Been Scammed And You Want To Recover Your Lost Money Or Properties
(22) Charm to get who to love you.
Contact him today on:Azukaspelltemple11@yahoo.com

0
0 0

I can help it but give thanks to the Great Spell caster, for his help for bringing back my Wife back to me, we got married for about 3years ago and ever since then we have been having issues in our marriage, which led for some little break up and ever since my wife left home to stay elsewhere and since then i have been searching for her and trying every possible way to be back together with her and be happy with our kids but nothing worked out, until i search one day for help and i met Dr JATTO who has helped several persons to restore their marriage and i did contact him and he promise me to help me cast a love spell and bring back my wife to me, so he did cast the spell and after casting the spell for me in 48hours my wife came back to me and start begging me and ever since then i have been so much happy with my wife and my family, contact him through his Email:drjattolovespelltemple@gmail.com or drjattolovespelltemple@yahoo.co.uk or call him through his mobile number: +2347050270268 or contact him directly through his website:http://drjattolovespellte.wixsite.com/..

0
5 0

He has done it again.i want to let the world know about Dr porosky the Great spell caster that brought back my Ewife to me when i thought all hope was lost. Dr porosky used his powerful spell to put a smile on my face by brinx ging back my woman with his spell, at first i thought i was dreaming when my wife came back to me on her knees begging me to forgive her and accept her back and even since then she loves me more than i ever expected so i made a vow to my self that i will let the World know about Dr porosky because he is a great man. Do you have problems in your relationship ? have your partner broke up with you and you still love and want him or her back ? Do you have problem with your finance ? or do you need help of any kind then contact Dr porosky today for i give you 100% guarantee that he will help you just as he helped me. Dr porosky email address is:Drporoskysolutioncentre@gmail.com

0
14 0

HELLO my name is kim robinson
WITH A GRATEFUL HEART DR OWOLABI is a real spell casterhe is so powerful unique,
and amazing. DR OWOLABI restored happiness to my life again by bringing
my husband back to me
with his powers.DR OWOLABI is a gifted and a very powerful good man and if not
for him what would my life turn to? DR OWOLABI may your good gods continue to
bless you for your good deeds. DR OWOLABI words can not express how much good
you have done for me and i believe that even a thousand words won't be enough
to describe your good great works.
If you are facing any spiritual problem
1) If you want your ex back.
(2) if you always have bad dreams.
(3) You want to be promoted in your office.
(4) You want women/men to run after you.
(5) If you want a child.
(6) You want to be rich.
(7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be
yours forever.
(8) If you need financial assistance.
(9) How you been scammed and you want to recover you lost money.
(10)Stop Divorce
(11) CURE TO ALL KIND OF SICKNESS/DISEASES HERE
(12) Winning of lottery
(13) Cure To Hiv/Aids
(14) LOTTERY/LOTTO SPELL WINNING
i advice you not to cry just contact DR OWOLABI on his email or and he will solve
all your problems. Contact him on his email: drowolabisolutionhome@gmail.com
OWOLABI OR you can call him with number+16828086703or+2348124209863

0
14 0

HELLO my name is kim robinson
my husband back to me
to describe your good great works.
If you are facing any spiritual problem
1) If you want your ex back.
(2) if you always have bad dreams.
(5) If you want a child.
(6) You want to be rich.
yours forever.
(8) If you need financial assistance.
(10)Stop Divorce
(12) Winning of lottery
(13) Cure To Hiv/Aids
(14) LOTTERY/LOTTO SPELL WINNING

0
64 0

Life can only be fulfilled when you have the one you love around you, But when my husband left me my life was not normal anymore i missed him every moment of my life. That was why when i saw the opportunity of getting him back i took the chance. After the return of my husband i had it in mind that i will write a testimony about Dr Ewan for helping me bring my husband back to me, Contact Dr Ewan through these details: COVENANTSOLUTIONTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM or +2347052958531 and have your love one back in your life you can also call or text me for questions or anything +17015667707.contact him Via whatsapp+2349057353987.

0
0 0

My life is back!!! Am Kim Vitoria Pope from USA, After 8 years of marriage, my husband left me and left me with three kids. I felt like my life was about to end, and was falling apart.so i told my cousin about my situation and she told me that i should contact a Dr that is above trust and straight forward she told me his name is Dr godfather and that his a honest man so i said let me give a trial on him and did what he ask of me In just 24hours, my husband came back to us and showed me and my kids much love and apologize for all the pains he has cost us,i was so happy because i do not believe in all this spell stuff but now i do and Once again thanks to Dr Godfather indeed you are above TRUST as you said, if you are facing any challenges in life and you think all hope is lost is not with the help of Dr Godfather all things are possible his Email Address is always at your door step godfatherlovespelltemple@hotmail.com contact him and remain bless forever and that situation you are facing shall be over.

0
2 0

Hi i am Nombuso Madiba,i never thought they will be a genuine spell caster on the internet after wasting my money searching for a spell that will bring my man back.Though separated but not divorce,until i came across this great man(Dr Buzugbe),who cast a spell that brought my man back in less than 24hrs after 3 years of break up.
He is powerful and genuine,contact him on buzugbespell@outlook.com.com or +2348167759906. web:(http://mashspelltemple.wix.com/mysite)

0
0 0

Hello
My name is Tiffany Lacey, and I am very happy for posting on this blog on how a great spell caster helped me in bring back the love of my life. I know there are lots of women like me out there who have done so much to have back their Husband, I am here to tell you all to search no further because the answer is right here. I sincerely believe if there are up to five spell casters like DOCTOR OSAUYI this world would be a better place, I have seen people complaining on how fake spell castes promised to help them but couldn't but with DOCTOR OSAUYI I tell you your problem is solved already. My Husband and I had been apart for 3 YEARS and I couldn't bear without living without him, I have tried everything to have him back but nothing was working until I saw numerous testimonies about a spell caster call DOCTOR OSAUYI and how great his work is. I contacted him immediately and follow the step that he ask and in the next 48 hours my ex lover called me and was eager for my forgiveness and that he wished nothing more than to have me in his arms forever. I filled so much joy and happiness that I found DOCTOR OSAUYI, I hope you all here will find this testimony of mine and get your husband back in just 48 hours. DOCTOR OSAUYI contact is OSAUYILOVESPELL@YAHOO.COM or you can call him on +2347064294395 you are the next to share your testimony to every one

0
1

I NEVER BELIEVED IN LOVE SPELLS UNTIL I MET THIS WORLD'S TOP SPELL CASTER. HE IS REALLY POWERFUL AND COULD HELP CAST SPELLS TO BRING BACK ONE'S GONE,LOST,MISBEHAVING LOVER AND MAGIC MONEY SPELL OR SPELL FOR A GOOD JOB.I'M NOW HAPPY & A LIVING TESTIMONY COS THE WOMAN I HAD WANTED TO MARRY LEFT ME 2 WEEKS BEFORE OUR WEDDING AND MY LIFE WAS UPSIDE DOWN COS OUR RELATIONSHIP HAS BEEN ON FOR 2YEARS... I REALLY LOVED HER, BUT HER MOTHER WAS AGAINST US AND SHE HAD NO GOOD PAYING JOB. SO WHEN I MET THIS SPELL CASTER, I TOLD HIM WHAT HAPPENED AND EXPLAINED THE SITUATION OF THINGS TO HIM..AT FIRST I WAS UNDECIDED,SKEPTICAL AND DOUBTFUL, BUT I JUST GAVE IT A TRY. AND IN 7 DAYS WHEN I RETURNED TO USA, MY GIRLFRIEND(NOW WIFE) CALLED ME BY HERSELF AND CAME TO ME APOLOGIZING THAT EVERYTHING HAD BEEN SETTLED WITH HER MOM AND FAMILY AND SHE GOT A NEW JOB INTERVIEW SO WE SHOULD GET MARRIED..I DIDN'T BELIEVE IT COS THE SPELL CASTER ONLY ASKED FOR MY NAME AND MY GIRLFRIENDS NAME AND ALL I WANTED HIM TO DO... WELL WE ARE HAPPILY MARRIED NOW AND WE ARE EXPECTING OUR LITTLE KID,AND MY WIFE ALSO GOT THE NEW JOB AND OUR LIVES BECAME MUCH BETTER. IN CASE ANYONE NEEDS THE SPELL CASTER FOR SOME HELP, HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS;DROKOKOSOLUTIONHOME@GMAIL.COM......HOPE HE HELPS YOU OUT OUR OPPORTUNITY ... CONTACT THIS GREAT SPELL CASTER VIA EMAIL: DROKOKOSOLUTIONHOME@GMAIL.COM Or you can visit his website on WWW.DROKOKOSPELLHOME.WEBS.COM .. Love u Dr OKOKO I BELIEVE HE WILL HELP YOU IN ALL YOUR PROBLEMS OKAY.

0
6 0

i am giving this testimony cos l am happy My name is mrs. Dona Smith from Houston,taxes.i never believed in love spells or magic until i met this spell caster once. when i went to Africa in December this year on a business summit. i ment a man called dr. ADAGBA.He is powerful he could help you cast a spells to bring back my love’s gone,misbehaving lover looking for some one to love you, bring back lost money and magic money spell or spell for a good job.i’m now happy & a living testimony cos the man i had wanted to marry left me 3 weeks before our wedding and my life was upside down cos our relationship has been on for 2 years… i really loved him, but his mother was against me and he had no good paying job. so when i met this spell caster, i told him what happened and explained the situation of things to him..at first i was undecided,skeptical and doubtful, but i just gave it a try. and in 6 days when i returned to taxes, my boyfriend (is now my husband ) he called me by himself and came to me apologizing that everything had been settled with his mom and family and he got a new job interview so we should get married..i didn’t believe it cos the spell caster only asked for my name and my boyfriends name and all i wanted him to do… well we are happily married now and we are expecting our little kid,and my husband also got a new job and our lives became much better. in case anyone needs the spell caster for some help, email address adagbaspiritualtemple@yahoo.com Great ADAGBAi thank you very much thank you in 1000000 times.. if not you i would have been losted and wasted thank you. please make sure you contact him for any financial difficulties okay.. What a powerful man such as Dr ADAGBA.. he is so much powerful..\\ email him for any difficulties.. adagbaspiritualtemple@yahoo.com

0
0 0

We're raising our granddaughter, we noticed when we got her at 2 yrs she was completely non verbal. We fought with doctors and insurance companies for 2 yrs to get someone to do something. She's now 5 and attends pre-school thru the public school system and receives multiple therapies there as she has development delay. While we were fighting for a diagnosis so that something would be done, we worked with her, daily. We sang song, read lots of books, only asked her open ended questions (no "yes or no" questions) and encouraged a response, even if it was only a sound, it was something. Now that she's in school, she's speaking much clearer and people other than me can actually understand her. We continue to work with her daily and try to turn everything (no matter what it is) into a learning experience and encourage her to use her words to tell us what she wants. She often gets frustrated when she can't think of the right word, we tell her "calm your chi" which she knows means to take a deep breath or two, calm down and try again. We refuse to give her what she wants if she merely points and grunts at it (as she used to), she must attempt to tell us what she wants in order to get it. She loves music, Katy Perry in particular and loves to sing along to her song "Roar" so we play it often. Because she likes to sing so much we often have days where we sing our conversations, which helps her speech. We work closely with the school and they have been wonderful with individual therapy, classroom therapy that enlisting her classmates to help her with her words. Hope this helps give you some ideas.

0
0 0

My daughter is 3 and a half and she has a severe delay in speech. Sometimes speech delays can lead you towards autism. Not to say that she has it but the best thing to do is to see an interventionist who can point your 4 year old in the right direction. Speech therapy is good too but see your pediatrician just to make sure so they can send you to an interventionist who can really assess your child. My daughter has the hypothesis of autism at the moment, goes to a rehabilitation program for kids with the hypothesis of autism and actually, in the next few weeks, she will have her diagnosis as to whether she is or isn't autistic but it's definitely something that should be ruled out because autism is basically the way the child receives information. If it's not properly taught because her diagnosis is wrong or no one looked at it, that won't help her speech at all.

0
0 0

my 4yrs old boy says few words once a while, gets frustrated if i dont get what he wants by screaming. all he enjoys doing is running and jumping everywhere we go as his very hyper, he writes 1-4 , a and b. but still cant say what his writing. my 2yrs old daughter writes same and communicate with him, she counts and expect him to repeat after her. but he does not..
i feel for him when peeps communicate and no response.
im so confuse about his speech

0
0 0

I have problem with my 4 years old son he's not talking to much he understand everything but he can't say no words is any one with same problem

0 0

My son is 4rs old, he screams to communicate. he goes to school and still picking on few words, is words are probably once a week and he gets frustrated whenever his trying to communicate and i don't get what he wants. he writes 1-4 by himself and all he likes doing is running, jumping round the house.

0
30 31

My daughter was four years and two months old when I had the school district eval her speech. She spoke in jumbled sentences that required a lot of translation, and used 'strange' wording that most people did not understand. I knew she was very intelligent - because of the creativity she used, signs she had made up, and the fact that she was trying to read at the same time. I had 'guessed' there was a problem since she was about 18 months... and at 2.5 she had a big spurt, but I saw the same problems persisting all the way through three... I should have gotten an eval earlier, through EI, but my husband and all others around me were sure she would 'grow out of it', because she was so obviously smart and her hearing was perfect. My husband wasn't too happy when I did schedule the eval with the speech department of the school district. He said he thought it was unnecessary, but if I was that worried, it couldn't hurt to check. The school district had a program specifically for problems like hers, and put her in one day a week. The children at that school have many kinds of developmental delays, and some of the other parents even look at us and say 'why is she here?' when we come to pick her up - but if they listen for a few minutes sometimes they catch the oddity and nod. She will be in the program for two years before she goes to kindergarten. One year has passed already and I have seen an entirely different child . Where she had been frustrated about being unable to express fears and worries - she tries harder now., and knows it is as much her as it is us in the misunderstandings. She still sometimes mixes up little words like 'to', 'from', 'he', 'she' etc.. but she is accepting of correction, thinking hard on HOW things are said and even her Dad has said he is so glad I did this, she is much more understandable even for him - and there is also much less frustration.

0
0 19

I have a 6 year old daughter kayla. She has a speech delay of a 2-3 year old.. She's gettn better. But sometimes when we are out people look at us funny..I wonna say what are u looking at.. But i dont..She is developementally delayed..she goes to a wonderful school..for speech, ot, an pt..sometimes i say where did i go wrong..when i was pregnant i was sooo sick..an a couple of weeks after she was born, she had an acid reflex..Now she is smart, bright,smiley, says hi to everyone..She loves to be with other kids..her teacher says she'll get better in her own time..
it is really hard but we do it..

0
6 11

My son had constant ear infections and the docs didn't move forward with tubes until he failed a hearing test and you could actually hear a "deaf like" tone in his voice. At two he still wasn't really verbally communicating and it's because you can't learn what you can't hear. By 2 1/2 he had full hearing (actually was sensitive to noise) and he was starting to talk. However he was very behind compared to the other kids his age. At 4 there were a lot of sounds he couldn't do yet. We went to the Elementary school zoned for our neighborhood, and they performed a variety of tests with him (including another hearing test). 2 sessions about 30 minutes each. He was then labled having a speech disability. Not sure if that's the same as a speech delay. As soon as the school year begins in September, he will have 2 speech therapy sessions per week at the school. Because it's part of the county, there is no cost for the sessions. The idea is to have him caught up to his peers by the time he starts kindergarden in 2012.

0
41 15

When I realized there was a delay it was too late to get help through her preschool. She was considered too old (she is 5). So I called the elementary school she will be attending and had her evaluated by the speech therapist there. She was diagnosed with a speech delay and we went through a process of getting her approved for speech therapy. Basically they labeled her (can't remember the technical term since it is after midnight, lol) and she is now able to get speech therapy before she starts kindergarten. Otherwise I would have had to wait until the fall when she starts school. It was a process getting approved, but fairly easy.

0
3 0

My son also had a speech delay.he is now in Grade 11. He is a slow learner .so I worked with him through flash cards

9 13

I agree, not waiting is not the answer, now that you are "thinking that something is amiss your next step is to find out why. I would check the child's hearing, I would then go to a speech therapist after that as well as Occupational therapist. I noticed in my son Robert at ten months and after a year and half of frustrating "help" with our Early Access people, i wouldn't recommend them ever", i contaced our ChildServe agency and have seen great results. Non talker to very much so. Good luck and keep reaching out for those answers yet always remember you are the very best advocate your little one has. Diane, iowa

0
14 24

My son Cameron is speech delayed. I was also speech delayed. I did not start talking until before I started school. I had to get him tested by his doctor to see what he was saying and all he would say is grunting or getting mad at me because I did not know what he wanted. My doctor suggested that he get tested for going to a special education school that specializes in speech delay and we did. He went to school for two years and now he is attending a preschool in September. He is in a IEP program for speech delayed. He is talking alot more and he also gets help from his older brother.

0
9 13

Hi Cythnia: glad to hear that her speech therapist was able to evaluate her. What did they label her as, in some states that matters. In iowa we are a non labeling state..not that the professsionals don't have their own terms "it's just that they are not supposed to 'consider the child as such'..meaning that if discover they do then they'd wish that the "advocate mommy would turn around and not say something". My walk to getting my son to Kindergarten has not be a fun one because of "school profressionals" so because of their comments, actions, they have "come to really understand that when I mean I'll advocate for Robert I'll be right there doing just that. Continue to walk amongst the professionals, learn all you can, I get the sense you are doing that, and reach out. That is what we are here for. Diane, Iowa

4 25

When we noticed that our son was having speech issues we contacted the Bright Beginnings (pre school) program in our area. They screened him, even though he was only 3 and set up speech therapy class through the school district. After only 8 months of therapy he had made great improvement. He is out of therapy now (summer vac.) but will be rescreened in the fall to see if he needs to continue.

0
6 14

I tink it'll be better for the parents to talk more with the child. Take them out to meet more people.
Previously my daughter only speaks when she's 3 yrs old.

0
17 59

You go to a speech pathologist as soon as possible! Speech therapy is actually a lot of fun for kids and it's a lovely time for the child to spend special one on one time with a parent. As a parent, get really involved in the sessions and do lots of work (which will seem like games to your child) at home and it will all come together eventually. Almost every second child does speech therapy at some stage, and it works wonders, it really and truely does.

0
9 14

waiting until 4 is too late you should have concerns if they are not talking by 2 years old and then its getting to the Speech and language therapist or pathologist depending on what country you are in !!! they need to identify what the problem is speech, understanding or producing words and sentences. EARLY EARLY EARLY for identification and treatment!!! this is the key!!!