How do you find the right daycare?

Finding a quality daycare is a major concern for many moms and can be very overwhelming. What are some tips that will help ensure you find a daycare both you and your baby will be happy with?

7 25

Well, I started my children in daycare last September and spent a whole lot of time researching my options. I thought about what was important to me, other than a safe, clean and comfortable facility, of course; and then listed my "Must Have's" on a spreadsheet. I picked locations that were close to home, work and anywhere in between that wouldn't require driving too far out of the way. I should also clarify that I wanted an in home daycare, but also called several centers just to confirm my decision. If I wasn't comfortable talking with someone on the phone (and there were a few), then I didn't bother asking the remainder of my questions. I believe that the interview starts at the time you place the phone call and not when you visit the facility! Next I reviewed every license online through the State of Michigan to look for any citations, probation, safety violations, etc. Another important thing for me was to visit during the day while children were present, even if that meant scheduling an initial interview after hours to meet with the owner/director and then making a second trip back to see, first hand, how the staff interacts with the kids when parents aren't there. Additionally I wanted to know that there would be other children the same age, or close to, as my children so that were comfortable as well! I could go on and on about everything I looked at, including education, play, hours, etc. Lastly, after I narrowed down my choices, I took my children with me to the final two centers. Although they are still young and really only cared about the toys and fun projects, I wanted them to know that it was important for me to hear what they had to say as well!

0
31 38

I did not have difficulty in finding one because the one that my daughter goes I am familiar with the people that own it and I trust them. If you can find one that have people that you know and trust would be good, if not look for a school that is spaceous and is clean, one that protect your child from dangers both inside and outside, fenced

0