How do you get rid of a newborn hiccups?

609 10

A pinky does it perfect! My daughter sucks on my pinky (instead of a pacifier, as she won't take one) and her hiccups will be gone in under a minute.

1
92 0

Will if you give you child a little bit of grape water it helps I have a baby and it works fine before bed I give her

0
1,380 16

wait, it will stop.

The way it was explained to me, the baby does not mind it. They do it in the womb too. They might actually wonder why we aren't doing it also.

0
1 36

Hiccups don't cause any major damage, but are annoying and can become painful. Hiccups are caused by spams with the phrenic nerve that controls the diaphragm. We learned that putting slight pressure on the diaphragm and phrenic nerve can stop the hiccups. We experimented with lots of positions, especially as he grew we had to change positions. Early on we would lay our son across our thighs or across one thigh, then propped up high on our shoulders, especially daddy's bigger shoulders.

0
10 30

I would nurse him a lil n it helps almost right away. I was told its not good if they have hiccups on an empty tummy as it gives them a sore tummy, so nursing is a good way to be sure.

0
75 28

Hiccups are a newborns natural way of expanding their lungs, don't worry about it

0
17 36

Hiccups do not hurt babies, but if you think they are bothering your baby, nurse him/her or give a bottle. The sucking motion will get rid of the hiccups.

0
11 27

You don't need to do anything, just make sure you have brought up their wind. Hiccups go away by themselves. I sometimes give baby a quick breastfeed but otherwise don't worry. Hiccups can't hurt them

0
27 10

grab a little piece of threat wet it and put it in his forehead between the eyes, in South america they don't use water but your own saliva, it's kinda gross I know but it works perfect.

0