How do you handle your child's terminal illness?

Though we hope you never face such a tragedy, sometimes our children are diagnosed with terminal illnesses. How have you found ways to cope with this situation? How can your friends and loved ones support your family better through such a trial?

1  Answer

6 10

My son has a heart defect that was undiagnosed for several months, ultimately resulting in open heart surgery at the age of 5 months. If it weren't for my family and friends, we would have made it, but I don't know how. They helped me by sitting with me and my son, while he was in the hospital, giving me just some me time. They cried and prayed with me. My son later developed asthma, which is a chronic issue. Although my son is now fairly healthy, a deathly ill child is very scary.

0