How do you keep stuffed animals under control? Do you corall them in a net, arrange them on shelves, periodically get rid of the unloved ones? Please include a picture of your solution.

0 0

I use a strict dictatorial control. They are corralled at all times, must obey curfew.... Oh wait, you mean organization!
I cull them regularly, donating any in which kids have lost interest.

http://wp.me/p1rmVU-kG

2
0 0

When we got to a point where I thought it was "enough," we made a deal that every time they wanted a new stuffed animal, we chose one from their existing collection to donate to a child less fortunate. It was a win-win. I taught the kids about giving and kept the furry friends from going all Animal Farm on me. Yes, that was an actual nightmare.

http://crapnoonetellsyou.blogspot.com/

2
21 6

Most of the little animals that the kids have are kept on their beds. The extras are kept in a net from the ceiling in my daughter's room and in a basket in the family room between books for reading buddies.
www.cuddleskissesnchaos.blogspot.com

0
3 43

I have an extra crawl space/closet upstairs where I place all the stuffed animals. We make it a destination spot for the kids when they want to go visit their stuffed animals. Sometimes when I need a few minutes of "me" time, I can encourage them to go visit their stuffed animals b/c the animals are lonely :-).

0
1 0

you can NOT keep them under control. they breed at night! ..... if you watch them closely, they wink at you during the day and say: try to organize me, lady! and you find them in your shoe, under your pillow and, recently, kicking the nice little American Doll girl out of her bed. that's why we own 200,000 of them. even when we donate them all to the great charity that takes them, somehow, we end up with 200,000 more just days later. They Are Everywhere. ;)

0
0 0

A few of his favorites keep him company in bed at night, a few of them have been culled, the rest are in his canvas toy box.

0
0 0

Throw them away! Get rid of the cheap ones, donate the nicer ones and keep only the ones that actually mean something or that your kids are extremely attached to. As soon as they arent looking, I toss those suckers and, trust me, they are NEVER missed. You can donate any nicer ones of actual value but if your house is anything like mine, your kids have hoarded amusement park care bear knock offs, claw machine angry birds and those hard styrofoam ball stuffed ones that hurt when you hug them. They are constant clutter with such a simple solution. Make life easy. Toss 'em.

0
0 0

My four kids each have a favorite one or two stuffed animals that they keep at the end of their beds...other than that? We donate them.

0
6 0

I created an empty bean bag chair to store most of our stuffed animals in. The favorites are displayed on shelves. The extras are in a canvas bin in the closet.

0
0 0

We bought a large lidded tote that doubles as an end table in the basement play area. They can only keep what fits into the box, and they also each have three stuffies that sleep with them.

0
0 0

We would store the less played with ones in the closet, after a few months we'd rotate them so they all seemed new. We are also careful about getting new ones, perhaps only on special occasions or as a vacation souvenir. Oh, one of the most important this is that we limit how many toys can be out...the rest have to find a home in a closet, drawer, etc.

http://www.cookiesandclogs.com/everything-must-be-just-so

0