How do you keep your child from undressing in public?

So many children go through a phase when they just won't keep their clothes on! While it's somewhat endearing at home, it can be overwhelming when it happens in public. What are some tips you can offer moms to keep their little nudists clothed?

2 43

I have twin girls who will be 2 in Jan. One of my babies is constantly taking her clothes and diaper off. It happens mostly when I put her in the crib either for nap or bedtime. I have tried putting the diapers on backwards, jammies backwards, but she continues to " Houdini" her way out. I have finally had to resort to packing tape. I put it around her waist so she can't get her jammies past that point. She figured out how to get out of that. So last night I put tape around the sleeves of her jammies around her wrists. that is how she gets out of her clothes, by pulling her arms out of the sleeves and then through the head opening of the jammies. So far that is the only thing that has worked. Or else I am cleaning her bed every day because she pees and poops after taking her clothes off.

2
1 7

I would try telling them in a very friendly/story sort of way that it is unacceptable to shed her clothes and diapers and maybe take it to the next level(chastisment) if that continued the night after.

3 10

I have a 4 year old, a 22 month old, and a 3 week old. When we come home both my 4 year old and 22 month old are naked before they get out of the entry way. My 22 month old get naked as soon as we get in the truck or as soon as I put her in a grocery cart or even when we use public restrooms. Not too mention she has to get naked to use her potty. She is just always naked. In the summer it's worse I don't get to post pics because my first two are always naked. I have not found a way to stop it I have no control over their nudest behavior.

1
1

I have 4 children (3 being teens one 8yr old) but never had problems with public nudity. However my youngest is down to his undies once we get home and my daughters wear undies and tank tops when their stepdad isn't home, but must add shorts when he is home out of decency. I don't see it as a problem but just a matter of comfort. I think that as long as they aren't among people outside their immediate family (being parents and siblings), they are fine and safe to just relax.

0
0 0

Hey. If you can't beat em, join em.

0
235 30

I haven't had any of my children try to undress in public, more than just taking off their socks and shoes. Some of my girls though would lift up their shirts or dresses and I just kindly remind them that they have to keep their shirt or dress down because they are little ladies and we don't show our privates to other people. My 4 year old needs a lot of reminding, but eventually they outgrow it.

0
60 11

DUCK TAPE keeps diapers on!!!! As for the cloths my kids are "nudist" but they have consequences for their nakedness if they do it in public. My mom is always concerned my kids will be sick all winter because they prefer to be cold rather than clothed but for the most part I pick my battles. I have put duck tape around my daughters bottom of her pant leg (when they had leg buttons) to get her home but other than public nudity let them be naked!

0
36 25

My two year old just started soon this as well, however I did notice that it happened mainly when he had to go potty or had to fart and felt like he was gonna poop. He too needs to be fully unclothed from the waste down to potty but he know he has to put his cloths on once he leaves the potty room. It's just like knowing u have to take ur shoes off when u come inside. My son is only two but he never leaves the house without his shoes and always takes them off before he steps onto the carpet. Just stay on them. Don't give them leway at all. Learning right from wrong is the hardest thing to teach a child. Just make sure u show them everyone in the house does the same thing. And a routine of putting all their cloths on after potting .

0
5 27

My 3 1/2 year old has always been a stripper. I have always told both my girls (older one is 6 1/2) that being naked is for their bedroom or of course the bathroom. The younger one of course constantly challenges that but I firmly remind her while putting her clothes back on our rules. Another rule we established was walking around naked (in their room) was something they were able to do once they were potty trained. Anytime either of them complained about putting on a diaper I told them if they used the potty they could. I swear that is the reason my younger one potty trained so quickly lol. If they are old enough to take off their own clothes they are old enough to understand. Being consistent is key and giving in a little will help the bigger picture.

0
1 7

My 2 3/4 old son(turning 3 on Monday) recently took his pants off in the Post shop(during peak period).I was close to devasted since this was the first time it ever happened and he totally caught me offguard,when I was writting on my envelope.He had done it at home heaps of times before but never in public until this day.I quickly got on my knees and pulled his pants up and told him quite firmly but in a very hush voice that it was unacceptable behaviour and he was never to do that again in public.To this day it has never happened,even at home!!

0