How do you keep your children's rooms organized and clean?

1 0

I don't.

0
4 279

I love those collapsible fabric boxes from Target for storing my son's toys. And their ottomans - I bought 4 that we use for extra seating and for hiding a lot of his toys.

0
1 0

Keeping my kids rooms organized really all comes down to their different personalities. My eldest daughter likes a clean bedroom, which means that she uses her bookshelves for books, her desk for her art supplies and her dresser for her clothing. My younger daughter lives in chaos. This means that her stuffies are everywhere, her books are piled on the floor and her bed is never made. We do a once a week "clean-up" and other than that I am learning to close the door. The reality is that I want my children to think of there rooms as safe and comfortable spaces. If that means one is a mess and one is neat, then I am willing to live with that.

0
0 0

For the most part, I allow my children to have rooms that are slightly more "lived in" than other areas of the home- like the living room. At the end of the day, I'd rather be able to relax in my living room toy free, and use a few minutes each evening to clean up the main areas while allowing some slack in the bedrooms. BUT, I have stared doing a pretty thorough weekly cleaning routine, where everything in the kids' rooms get straightened, sorted, and scrubbed.
How do I clean my house in one day, and only once a week?
http://cleansmartsimple.blogspot.com/2012/02/cleaning-routines-part-1.html
http://cleansmartsimple.blogspot.com/2012/02/cleaning-routines-part-2.html

0
0 0

Because we have a houseful of littles, keeping track of all the "stuff" can get out of hand really quickly. One thing that has helped tremendously is to give each child a designated "treasure drawer" (or a treasure tote - whatever you have. My sister installed a "treasure shelf" with a little drawer on the wall near the foot of each of her childrens' bed space). This is a place to keep all those random special things that have no place to "belong." This drawer is not for toys -- stuffed animals still go in the basket, Legos are still in the bin -- but for special personal items like the baseball from that game, a favorite pin, special papers or trinkets. When the drawer is full, it's time to sort (usually 2-3 times per year). By then some of the "special" has usually worn off and they are ready to purge a few treasures to make room for more.

0