How do you know when your baby is ready for a nap? How do you transition them?

124 0

it depends on your child and their age. Most children from 1 - 3 years old will nap anywhere from 1 - 4 hours during the day. My youngest is 13 months old, and naps 4 hours everyday just after noon, and my eldest 26 months naps usually 1 - 2 hours or will play quietly in her room for a few hours to wind down and relax. Start early with a nap schedule, it may take a week or 2 but keep at it. I had both my daughters on the same sleep schedule since my youngest was 5 months old. It was a blessing, Especially with a toddler and a newborn, you need those few hours in the middle of the day for some peace and quiet haha enjoy it while it lasts :)

0
6 42

It really depends on how old your baby is. Infants will nap 3-5 times a day for approx 1-2 hours at a time. Typically, after they are done feeding (every 2-3 hrs), they will most likely have already passed out. At 1 years thru 3 years, they only require 1 nap per day but can sleep up to 3 hours. Usually, most people put the kiddo down after lunch time. Some people wait until mid-afternoon - I don't think it really matters when. My 2 1/2 year old will wind up passing out at around noon if I don't put him down and will sleep until 2:30-3pm. Once you get them on a schedule, it's like clock-work. Once they turn 3, they don't nap any more so just forget trying. Good luck!

0