How do you make shopping for your family's clothes affordable?

0 0

First of all get social! It takes a village to raise a child and putting stylish clothes on this child's back is certainly one of the aspects you will need this village's help with. Turn to online shopping communities, digital villages so to speak, for the shopping companionship and valuable advice. Being this tribe member will save you big bucks and boost your kids' style ratio.
As a style and shopping resource we've made dressing our boys on a tight budget a form of art. We put an emphasis on creating and styling outfits for our readers as a guidance for developing their own fearless style, creativity and bold and unique statements.
We educate our readers on how to build their kids' wardrobe, what to invest in and what to save on, what brands hold a great resell value, how to resell kids' outgrown clothes, how to mix colors and patterns, how to accessorize, when to shop and when to give plastic a break and DIY tricks.
Follow style deal sites that collect and process sales info, so you don't have to is a great way to shop smart. Boys Be Cool carefully curated Facebook feed is a treasure trove of styling ideas, great finds, cool deals, exclusive promo codes and a home to a great community of savvy shoppers obsessed with style. Also follow http://www.newdaynewdeals.com/ that delivers never ending stream of sales and deals.

1
0 0

well, over here in the UK...I grew very tired of what the highstreet has to offer for little ones...all so bland, I decided after my first little one (of3) that I wanted my children to have not just style but a sense of individuality! it started with ebay and charity shops for me, I've never been a huge fan of top designer brands for children either (like ralph lauren) so expensive plus they're just as bland as the highstreet (pink for girls blue for boys kinda thing!)...so when I descovered the online world of unique clothing brands online (like mini rodini etc..) I never looked back! I'm pretty good at waiting for sales or holding myself back until I find something that either of my little ones really actually 'need' or I know will freshen up their wardrobe! It has taught me patience, and not just grabbing an outfit here or there every time I'm on the highstreet! but I will raise my hands and completely admit that mamas and dadas wardrobe are the ones that need the make overs now! =D

1
0 6

I have always been a believer that kids can be both fashionable, comfortable and affordable! I love to mix and match my children's clothes with items Ive found at flea markets, thrift stores and estate sales and mix it with modern designer items. This doesn't just help make their outfits affordable but it also makes each outfit unique and personal.

I am very sentimental and can't help but find the charm in a used 50's collard top that a little boy wore a long time ago and my love of vintage has passed on to my children. My oldest Christian loves to go to the thirft shop with me and find items and always askes me " who use to wear this." It puts a smile on my face.

I think this is a great way to save some cash, help the environment and turn an outfit from just your daily attire to a personalized statement!

1
0 51

I absolutely love shopping for my kiddies but seeing how quickly they grow out of things I needed to be smart about my purchases. My top stores to shop for cool, stylish, and affordable clothing are zara kids, h&m kids, and 77 kids. Plus I always check out Gilt and Rue for hot items at half the price. The trick is to purchase the basics and then layer on more expensive pieces if you feel they will get more than one season out of it.

1
0 0

I make a lot of clothes for my kiddos...it's fun for me and making a cute dress for a couple of bucks is a big bonus.

I buy staple items like jackets and jeans when I find them on sale at some of my favorite stores.

Vintage items are always on my radar and although they are not always super cheap, I love the look and I feel like I'm living a little greener.

0
0 0

I'm very pleased to find this great site. I wanted to thank you for your time just for this wonderful read!! I definitely really liked every bit of it and I have you saved as a favorite to look at new things on your site. bad credit loans

http://www.mybadcreditloans.org.uk/

0
0 0

Our number one stop is always the Thirft Store. I can't get over how many great finds I get for Jess, my one year old. My older boys are a little harder to thrift for because most of the cloths are pretty worn. For the boys I always hit up good sales and almost never pay full price. I love unique Children's Boutique clothing, but it can be very pricey! Whenever we travel I pick something up on sale. Even if it's too big I know I can hold onto it until it fits.

0
0 0

Buy a few items per season and restyle the rest. Let's be real...we all blog about the $100+ per item of clothing that comes out each season and swoon over the $50+ accessories from the hottest designers {both kids and adults} but come on, unless you've got the chedder and unlimited credit, chances are most of us don't buy a full seasons wardrobe from said designers.
As a family of five, we all have completely different styles and needs for clothing..but mostly we all just want to look cool and be comfortable. My family puts money away for new pieces each season but the only way to make that happen, hence affordable, is we restyle alot of what we own. I have to say that knowing how to sew is probably the best skill I have ever learned.
Take a pair of pants and hem them into capris, knickers (knee length) or even shorts...and pair with tights.. Do the same with a sleeve. Make it shorter, make it cooler. You can even change the shape of a sleeve, depending on your sewing techinical level..Rip sleeves off of that old denim jacket your toddler never wears, Bleach those jeans your child has shoved in the back of a drawer...and those a-line dresses your teenage daughter has hangin' up in the closet which are old but not in that cool vintag-y way? Belt those buggers.
peace. love. rock. roll.

0
0 0

As the owner of a baby store, my advice to parents is to shop for your child or baby, the same way you would intelligently shop for yourself. Basics don't need to be super expensive. Solid colored onesies come very inexpensive as do other pieces like that - think leggings, casual pants, pjs etc. We're big fans of American Apparel for the baby basics. Then you can spend more money on the layering pieces to add a little style to your baby's wardrobe. In the winter if you're layering, purchase the top pieces slightly bigger so they will last you longer and your money will go further. Headbands and hats get tons of mileage and as accessories can transform any look (see, not much different than ourselves). I will say though that I'm a fan of investing in soft pieces. Sometimes less expensive brands aren't as soft and comfortable as ones that are a little pricier because of the quality of materials. It's important to a lot of our customers and to me as a mom that my child be extremely comfy - bamboo is a great fabric that gets this done, but again doesn't come so cheap. If you plan out what you need each season and set a budget for yourself it definitely helps. With the left over money you can pick up the items you see and "must have" even if you know deep down they aren't necessities - because sometimes things are just too cute to pass up!

0
0 0

We believe in quality instead of quantity, with buying fewer clothes with high enough quality to be handed down both one and two times. We do not hand down shoes, but again tend to buy quality shoes and rather have only the pair of shoes we absolutely need.
I don’t wait for the sales but plan the children’s wardrobes carefully always ensuring there’s enough colour coordinated basics so it’s easy to mix and match to get the most out of the wardrobe. If I buy in the sales I would probably compromise on sizes, like “ahh.. it’s so cute… I know it will only last for another 2 months but it’s 50% off!” and I would most definitely pick up that most gorgeous party dress we absolutely did not need. So in the end the 20-75% you though you saved were on clothes you shouldn’t have bought in the first place. The only sale I do is that I’m always on the look out for expensive winter outerwear etc, on sale in January, for the coming Autumn Winter season. So far I’ve only gotten the size wrong one time, and then it was sold for more or less the same price as I bought it for.
In the end we don’t spend that much money on clothes for the family. I rarely go shopping on the high street, as that would end up in too many impulse purchases. I rather, almost with a “shopping list”, shop online or in my favourite independent stores. And I know exactly what I’m after; Affordable, functional well made apparel that will come to good use.
We think the key to make shopping for your family’s clothes affordable is to buy timeless and unisex pieces. Then throw in fashionable and more inexpensive accessories to get a more personal and playful touch.

0
0 0

I shop mostly at thrift store and get hand me downs. I also make / remake most of my sons clothing so he is not a walking billboard for companies.

0
0 0

I have a hard time spending more than $30 on anything for my girl, Birdie. So, to keep things fresh and unique, I’ve accidentally found a shopping system for her style finds that keeps me budget-friendly and keeps her "mixmatched-cool".

I always start with my favorite flash sale sites – the Mini Social, Gilt, Hautelook, ideeli, Zulily, etc. for great brands at a much better price (you can see my post on flash sale sites too for a full list). We tend to get most of her dresses, tops, and shoes that way! We find most of our Tshirts from Threadless during their $10 Tee sales, they have awesome designs! We love the jeggings and jeans from H&M and pants from Naartjie Kids (I love their sales, but not all of their fashions, so I try to be picky). While leggings and Pajamas always come from Target or Old Navy. Plus, I love to find great retro and vintage finds either on etsy (shop their vintage children’s category!) or at our local thrift stores.

My tip: I often buy her tops and dresses a size larger than necessary, they still fit fine (and are probably more comfy) and they last so much longer.

Our goal is always comfort and fashion together – it’s a motto I swear by for myself too!

0
2 0

We often purchase clothes that are on sale at the end of the season, and then keep for the next year. I hide them until we need it so that Little L can feel like it's new. I already have most of Little L's clothes for next summer. We also get hand-me-downs for Baby L from her cousin (and her big sister). Getting hand-me-downs has helped with my want to purchase things for the baby since they are new for me too.

I keep track of the sales of my favorite Scandinavian stores on my website at http://samsales.blogspot.com/ and at the end of the season you can often get items for as much as 70% off.

0
0 0

Buying clothes for your kiddos can be a daunting task. The price on the register seems to climb so very fast even at the "affordable" stores. One of my favorite things to do is hit up my clutch stores like H&M, Zara, Gap, etc. when seasons are changing. I stock up on clothes for the NEXT year by simply buying everything one size up. By doing this you can get things anywhere from 30%-75% off! HELLO! And that free's up some extra spending money for more trendy or special pieces you want to invest in right now.

xo

0