How do you make shopping for your family's clothes affordable?

0 0

I am a firm believer in shopping in advance. I mean a season ahead people. I also love freecycle.com and craigslist for stuff. I have an awesome friend who passes down many clothes from her son to my twins. Thank you very much. With 3 year old twins and a 20 month old we will take what ever we can get. Don't be ashamed your kid doesn't have the most in style thing or the newest fahion. Most will just grow out of it ASAP.
Other tips:
I love shopping clearance and with coupons as well. Target has awesome clearance and my kids super cute Cargo jackets were $4 last year. Yes, it takes a little planning but why not. All those stores with great clearance sales like Carters, Macy's, Osh Kosh( got sandals for $5 each in August) Old Navy, and Kohls, are great places to help out a hand me down wardrobe or spruce up the closet,
I love to check with the mommy groups, many have trading parties and you can get some great stuff for free and have a fun night out. Also the great used sales that are popping up now are so great. or even Threadup.com
Shop the big sales: Did you get the important stuff on black friday or when Old Navy had %75 off all coats last week?? Also use those coupons in the adds. I got jammies for all the boys when I realized they are almot a 4t now and my one twin could not fit his feet into his footie pj's. JCPenny, $10 off coupon adn early bird special and I was out of there for $10 for 3 pairs of jammies.
Lastly:
Shop the deal sites, I got a $10 for $20 old Navy coupon and then went on Black friday and got fleece for everyone including daddy for $10. Yeay!!

You have to just have fun, keep a sharp eye and go for it!! Same goes for me and the hubbs too!

2
36 3

Ty I was not aware of those sites...

0 0

I am perfectly willing to dress my children in hand-me-downs and gently used finds... and I pay the clothes forward to friends too... I have found fabulous designer clothing at yard sales, good will and consignment shops for a fraction of the cost of new. I also shop off season sales... heck, I can buy Summer clothes in June and July for up to 70% off... because they're already putting out Back to School and Winter clothes. Patience is a virtue... especially when shopping for kids clothes
Some other great ways to save on kids clothes include shopping daily deal sites and registering for coupons for your favorite store.
My best deal this year came from Black Friday shopping - I got a brand new coat for my 5 year old on Black Friday by combining Carter's 50% off sale with an additional 10% for shopping before 10 am AND a 20% off coupon that they had emailed to me. By the time I was done, the coat, originally marked at $58 was less than $20 for a 3 season coat that had a rain proof shell and a removable polar fleece lining that can also be worn as a separate coat!
Another great idea for both recycling the clothes your child has outgrown and getting new clothes in their size is thredup.com

1
0 54

When it comes to shopping for clothes for my family I always start with Daily Deal sites!!! I have found 50% off gift cards and certificates to my FAVORITE stores!!! For my husband and I...we need to try on our clothes so we usually buy to stores that we can go to and I always start on the sale racks!!!

When it comes to shopping for my little girl, I do a lot of shopping online!!! I can sometimes score deals to daily deals sites! For example, I have purchased 50% off Totsy Certificates! Then when I shop on Totsy their stuff is already 50-70% off!!! PLUS I always shop through a cash back site!! If there is any shipping costs it justifies the shipping!! If they allow me to combine coupon codes, I always try that too!!!

1. Shop Daily Deal Sites
2. Search for Coupon Codes and Promo Codes
3. Shop THROUGH Cash Back Sites

If you plan on making a retail shopping trip on the weekend. Keep all your retail coupons in one spot! Plan out the stores you are shopping and search for printable coupons prior to going out the door!!!

1
0 0

Shopping sales and clearance racks is the best way to save money when you have 4 children. At the end of the season I purchase clothes that will fit my children the next. You can save up to 60-70% on name brand clothing from places like the Gap, Gymboree, etc.

I do a lot of shopping online use coupon codes and shop at outlet stores. I never turn down hand me downs and always pass from oldest to youngest.

1
0 0

For basics, I head to low cost stores like H&M and GAP. Spend your money on classic key pieces like great jeans, coat/blazer, and a few work and cocktail dresses. In an attempt to only purchase high-quality, durable, and stylish clothing for exceptional prices, I use a lot of private shopping sites. For my daughter, I use sites like Zulily and The Mini Social. For the rest of my family, I use Hautelook, Rue La La, Gilt, Ideeli and more. This keeps my general clothing cost down.

When purchasing a new seasonal wardrobe, go for a specific color scheme. This creates mix-n-match pieces, which expands your possible looks without buying excessively. Also look for bold accessories to further expand (think scarves, chunky necklaces, belts, etc).

When in doubt, check out great mom blogs for coupon codes and giveaways!!

1
0 0

I have a lot of kids, and a lot of clothes that I keep for the younger ones, so I don't have to buy for every kid, only the first boy and the first girl! :) that saves me ALOT of money. (not a lot of time, however...)

1
0 0

I make shopping for my family's clothes affordable by shopping online for coupon codes, free shipping and discounts. There are many private shopping sites such as Zulily that offer designer brands up to 60% off or more!

Also when shopping in-store be sure to shop out of season. Fall is a fabulous time to stock up on summer essentials while early spring is awesome for winter apparel. Be sure to pick up larger sizes since they won't be wearable for a year.

If you are looking for an even affordable way check out high-end consignment shops where clothes for the entire family are like new, at huge discounts!

1
0 0

Wal-Mart and Target. I shop mainly Wal-Mart though because they will always have shirts, sweaters, pants, and girl leggings on sale at $3-$5 and its always cute items. Today I got the twins three outfits a piece for $30...at Old Navy, Carters, etc you could probably only get one shirt for that price. Good luck

1
0 0

Shopping is the biggest challenge for our family of 8. Clothes are way too expensive and my boys outgrow things rediculously fast so I have to be careful. We shop clearance a lot at our local store, sales at Old Navy or other stores are also helpful and occasionally we get like new clothing second hand.

0
3 0

I like to shop out-of-season Clearance Sales. I have twins and sometimes I can buy items that are already discounted plus BOGO deals for maximum savings. I find deals like these at stores like Babies R US. The Children's Place, Gymboree, and Crazy 8 also provide fantastic deals.

0
0 0

I don't do mall shopping. With a tight budget and a house full, it's just not in the cards. Instead we shop at stores such as Target, Walmart and Kmart that have much better prices. Just because it isn't name brand, doesn't mean it's not fashionable. It's really not all about the labels.

0
0 0

Buying used is a huge money saver. Many people have a bad image in their minds about places like goodwill and the salvation army,and it's true that there is some rough looking clothes from the 80's there. However, if you weed through the clothes you can usually find some barely worn modern clothes in the size you need. Yard sales are super cheap for buying clothes but it can be harder to find the right size. However, I love finding that yard sale full of the right size clothing because you can usually pick up tops for .50 or less and jeans for 1.00 which is way cheaper than goodwill even. I also enjoy shopping at platos closet though it's more expensive it's comparable to walmart or target prices, only with jeans that fit me better.

0
3 18

One of the best ways I keep my family in style for MUCH less is to shop off-season. I never buy sweaters or winter wear during the fall or the winter, when prices are at their highest. Just like I never buy swimsuits or shorts during the spring or summer. Shopping in the off-season allows you to stay trendy at prices that are 70%+ lower than what you'd pay in-season. Just think, you could get 7X the amount of clothes for the same price as one full-price item!

0
0 0

I like to shop stores that offer reward points and I almost always purchase clothing that is on sale on clearance!

0
0 0

I would have to say amazon I get a lot of amazon gift cards through the surveys I take and you can get some deals at amazon on clothing if you take the time to look and than search from low to high . I just got 3 really lovely shirts that are well made and look exactly like the more expensive Victoria secret Ts I love but for a fraction of the price . Also walmart and sometimes dollar stores have everyday items like socks and Ts
Our dollar Tree had some awesome arch support socks for 1.00 in all kinds of great colors these socks were the reinforced kind with a really good arch support I have seen socks like these costing 4.99 a pair but we got the for a buck you just have to look around at the stores you may not expect to find clothes .our dollar tree also had Tshirts for 1.00 you cant go wrong with that . for children why not check out some yard sales you can get designer clothing for 50 cents at most yard sales . also ebay has lots of children's clothing for sale and for a great price

0
3 0

I make sure I shop out of season, sizes bigger, when clothes have been clearanced down to make space for the new season. Stores like Kohls and JCP even accept discount coupons on clearance stuff so that makes great savings

0