How do you stay energized?

Being a mom can be an exhausting job. How do you keep up your energy levels?

9 0

I have 4 kids and I'm a kindergarten teacher, so I have to stay energized! I find that a cup of coffee in the morning - along with a healthy breakfast, gets me off to a good start! Then I make sure to fill my day with fun, laughter and music! When we get home, I think of the FlyLady mantra of "Just 15 minutes". Even if I'm dragging, I can usually talk myself into doing 15 minutes of washing dishes/cleaning up etc and usually I find that by doing that I catch a 2nd wind. Besides - who wants to walk away when the job's only 1/2 done? Then I wind down with a hot bath, some entertaining tv or a good book! It doesn't work every day, especially on days when we have something going on in the evening like a parent night or choir performance. but for the most part I'm doing all right :)

2
6 0

i don't

2
0 0

I stay energized by using my "it works!" products!!!I take a product called "greens" everyday and give them to my kids as well ...that way our immune systems are up and our bodies are detoxed!!!Plus they have these amazing vitamins "vitals" that give me more energy plus they are 99% bioavailable ,so i actually am getting all of the nutrients that my body needs!!!!

2
2 0

Morning exercise, 1 c.of coffee before breakfast, 20min nap if I can while the boys are sleeping and a cup of green tea in the afternoon before 3pm. Walking the dog after dinner while my husband puts the kids down also gives me a second wind. It is a challenge getting the motivation to do it sometimes, but I always feel better the nights I walk him.

2
5 0

I have recently discovered the power of essential oils and haven't looked back since. I don't know what I would do without them.

My munchkin's sleeping schedule has been WAY off and some days I barely get five hours of sleep and I need some energizing....STAT. In those days that I need a quick boost I take a shower first thing. I dial the temperature pretty hot, and add 1 drop of Peppermint essential oil directly to the side of the shower wall so the steam and heat disperses it. Similar to a Vick's shower soother, but the smell is pure mint and gives instant energizing power, I LOVE it. It wakes me up and makes me feel so much better!

Also because of the wacky sleep schedule I've found myself stressing over getting it back on track, and on those days when I feel so irritated I just take a whiff of Lemon essential oil and I feel instantly happier and that things are just going to be ok, it just makes me smile.

I would definitely recommend giving them a try!

http://nickieslittlebubble.blogspot.com/2013/10/15-great-ways-to-begin-exploring-spark.html

0
0 9

Eat healthy, lot's of fresh food!
Low carb because they just suck the energy out of you!
Regular exercise
Listening to my body, enough is enough!
Leaving work in the house aside when I feel I'm not spending enough time with my boys or myself
Set the right priorities and don't forget them...
Of course it happens I want to do too much but I always pay the price for it afterwards ;(

0
0 5

I energize by first and foremost eating healthy. It is a must so that you give your body the right fuel for energy. I go and work out at the gym. When I am unable to go to the gym, I exercise at home. A few minutes a day can make a world of difference.

0
1 20

I have my own to kids and also have custody of my Neice and nephew,
I was healthy meals and five hour energy shots!!! I also work full time!!! They work Great!!!

0
4 5

Staying fit, getting a solid five hours at night, and eating small healthy snacks help me to get through the day. I also set realistic goals so I don't get overwhelmed. I also try not to use coffee everyday so that it is there for when I really need a boost.

0
0 13

I look forward to a cup of morning coffee and a healthy breakfast. It truly does set the pace for the day. I have two boys that love being outside so we go for a walk everyday. Exercise also gives me energy to keep going. But I definetly think sleep is the most important.