How does your family enjoy fun nights together?

Share your favorite family activities with us!

1 24

Activity name:
Make your own Pizza!!

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $50

Description:
Use dough from Trader Joe's (it's the best!) and pick up fun toppings like pepperoni, mushrooms, canned pineapple, fresh mozzarella, etc. You can use a pizza stone or a pan like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-AMB-14PP-Classic-Nonstick-Bakeware/dp/B0000D8CAO. Let the kids be creative!!

22
31 3

Activity name:
Family Bowling Night

Category:
Family outing

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $50

Description:
We love to take the family (and friends) to our local bowling alley on weekends when they turn on all the neon lights for "cosmic bowl".

22
8 46

Activity name:
camping

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
3+ hours

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
camping with the family

16
4 50

Activity name:
game night

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
0-1 hour

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
we really love to just play board games and cards at home

15
36 21

Activity name:
Star Gazing

Category:
Family outing

Duration:
0-1 hour

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
Download one of the many star-gazing iPhone apps and bring your kids outdoors - teaching them about the stars, the planets, and, if you want, Greek mythology! It's a great, low cost way to get your kids outside of the house and have the family learn together.

15
0 15

Activity name:
hide and seek!

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
0-1 hour

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
gabby loves playing hide and seek

14
0 49

Activity name:
Movie and popcorn night on Fridays!

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
Rent a movie or pick one off Netflix and make microwave popcorn.

13
2 0

Activity name:
Dance Party

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
0-1 hour

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
All you need is a stereo and some energy to burn.

13
6 26

Activity name:
Sundays it movie nights, Saturday Football games, Friday is game night

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
3+ hours

Budget:
Under $50

Description:
My family enjoy nights together like Sundays it movie nights, Saturday is game day for Jermaine, so we all go to the game. Friday we stay up 2 hours later to play games. And any other night like Monday thru Thursday we go to bed 9pm. I could say I love this life I have. God has really blessed me and my family.

13
128 22

Activity name:
Backyard S'mores

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
0-1 hour

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
We make s'mores in our firepit out back in the yard. Love s'mores memories... always good times! Plus, they're super yummy!

13
0 36

Activity name:
we like to do all kinds of stuff. we are a pretty random pick up and go family. fishing is our number one, then the zoo. after that its a day filled with four wheelers, swimming, and jumping on the big bed ( trampoline ). my 3 year old daughter loves it.

Category:
Family outing

Duration:
3+ hours

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
i like to show her that you can have fun wihout money. money doesnt buy everything.

12
0 62

Activity name:
Pizza and Movies!!!

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
Netflix and Pizza

12
12 7

Activity name:
We love to play board games, cards, and dice. We now have dinner conversation, tv off. That is when we share feelings, how our day went, what new thing they learned and I sometimes share an animal fact. We have a "conversation topic" vase I keep on the table with strips of paper that either have a question that requires thought or animal facts. They love the jar, its getting empty quick :)

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
0-1 hour

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
Family time

11
37 7

Activity name:
Friday nights is our family dinner we choose something to make or buy . We ask how everyone day was and ask them what was the hardest part of their day the besetes part of their day was. Then we have a movie,popcorn and candy all in our pj's.

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
3+ hours

Budget:
Under $50

Description:

10
0 3

Activity name:
Family backyard camp out

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
3+ hours

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
Set up a tent and enjoy the night with loved ones, Enjoy a BBQ, s'mores, Its a good time to teach about the night sky, and any critters that come out where you live,kids don't get the chance to see during the day. The best part is just the family talking together

9
0 3

Activity name:
Family Craft Night

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
0-1 hour

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
One night a week we all make some kind of craft together, We always make extra so it can be added to our donation boxes at Christmas. We like to make fleece hats and scarves in Fall to give or donate at Christmas.

8
0 5

Activity name:
Eating dinner and watching movies

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
We don't have cable and a bunch of movies. Sometimes we stay up later then we should but its time together and since her dad and I work

8
59 5

Activity name:
Movie Night on the Town Green

Category:
Family outing

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
During the summer in my town, the town green (large lawn area) hosts movie nights projected on a big screen and we always come out with blankets and snacks joining all the other families in town. It's a great way to enjoy the wonder summer weather and meet other families.

8
0 0

Activity name:
Movie night with popcorn

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
The kids all 3 have to agree on one movie (mom & dad automatically let them pick!). Once everyone has a spot to sit/lay, Mom starts the movie then starts the popcorn. One time I even printed "movie tickets" and gave each child one after their homework was done on a Friday evening. I used a flashlight to "assist" them in finding a seat, etc. So much fun!

7
1 12

Activity name:
Crepe Sunday, every Sunday morning my husband makes crepes for breakfast and we all get to pick the fillings (yogurt, berries, eggs & sausage etc).

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
every Sunday morning my husband makes crepes for breakfast and we all get to pick the fillings (yogurt, berries, eggs & sausage etc).

7
4 17

Activity name:
every saturday D'Andre and I have date night we sit in the bed eat junk watch movies and play games untin we pass out.

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
3+ hours

Budget:
$100+

Description:
movie and games night

7
6 26

Activity name:
My family enjoy nights together like Sundays it movie nights, Saturday is game day for Jermaine, so we all go to the game. Friday we stay up 2 hours later to play games

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
3+ hours

Budget:
Under $50

Description:

7
0 13

Activity name:
Watching movies and just being silly

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
Just watching movies eating popcorn. We chase each other around and just act plain old silly together. We dance around

6
18 2

Activity name:
Walk

Category:
Family outing

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
We take the children and the dog and go for a walk around the block or on a trail close by.

6
11 41

Activity name:
play doh my 4 year old twin boys love play doh we will play for hours making snowmen :) lol

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $10

Description:

6
2 1

Activity name:
Outdoor Movie

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $50

Description:
If you have a projector or often times you can rent one from the library and the weather is nice, set up the projector on the back of the house or garage door and make a picnic!

6
0 0

Activity name:
Board Games

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $50

Description:
Board games can be so much fun and it brings our family closer together!

6
5 2

Activity name:
Family play time

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
0-1 hour

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
we turn off the television and pick a toy that hasn't been played with for a while...or just a ball and play together as a family...no distractions

5
39 26

Activity name:
Saturday- Family day!

Category:
Family outing

Duration:
3+ hours

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
Family walks out and about our neighborhood, sometimes we go to a McDonalds on our walk for $1 Ice-cream cones.(about a 20 minute walk, 40 minute round trip) Walking together is good exercise, both for the kids as well as my husband and myself. It also allows us to spend time together, time to talk and time to learn about the world outside our apartment. (crossing the street, stranger danger, following directions in public)

5
0 3

Activity name:
Family movie night

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
every other night a family member picks a D.V.D. to watch together. (Take turns picking the movie) We all make snacks and have a good time.

5
6 30

Activity name:
Reading books, building the tallest tower ever, constructing a car city that is displayed ALL over the living room/bedroom, watching a movie with popcorn, heading out to the park, Candy land with treats, baking cookies, anything that brings miles to our faces!! :)

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
0-1 hour

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
Just enjoy life! You only get 1, and only so much time to enjoy it. :)

4
28 17

Activity name:
We love to keep active!

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
3+ hours

Budget:
Under $50

Description:
If its raining or we stay home, we usually play the Wii together, our 4 year old daughter loves to help cook so we'll bake muffins or she'll help prepare dinner, we'll have a nice cozy movie night. If we are out and about, we'll go to the roller skating rink, family hikes, we love to keep active. We love to get our daughter involved and exposed to many different things, so we don't do the same thing over and over. We try and go to the children's museums in downtown Seattle, see what kinds of fairs and festivals are happening. We know we also don't have to spend too much money having a fun family time!

4
18 2

Activity name:
Going to the park

Category:
Family outing

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
We walk to the park, or drive to a bigger one and let our toddler play until she is ready to go home.

4
12 9

Activity name:
Dancing

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
We have lots of music downloaded on our computer so we simply turn everything off and play music while everybody takes turns and shows their skills.... ♥ it

4
8 9

Activity name:
By watching a movie or just sitting back playing a game.

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
Getting a movie our child likes and watching it as a family. Or getting a game our child likes and playing it showing him how to play.

4
0 0

Activity name:
Movies!

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
We go to our local movie trading post & buy DVD'S & buy snacks & enjoy our movie. Very cheap & fun at the same time... We have a lot of movies, plus my son loves mainly action movies that include super heroes; it's GREAT!

4
0 21

Activity name:
Family Game Night

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
We play the games that they have gotten for Christmas or cards. I always have popcorn and snacks on hand.

4
0 11

Activity name:
movie, popcorn and hot chocolate.

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
my kids love to do movie night and cuddle on the couch

4
0 0

Activity name:
Going to the movies!

Category:
Family outing

Duration:
1-3 hours

Budget:
Under $50

Description:
I love Family Movie Night! Cheap, fun and relaxing :)

4
0 0

Activity name:
tag

Category:
In-Home

Duration:
0-1 hour

Budget:
Under $10

Description:
Great exercise for mommy, and gets them tired out so that in a couple hours they will be tired enough for bed.

3