How long after you go into labor can you get the epidural?

0 0

If you go too early and can slow labor, so wait until you are ready, but you can get it up until delivery and don't let you doc tell you different. Find out what the rules are at your hospital.

0
521 10

My doctor's always said 4cm, but I had trouble progressing while I was being induced, so they gave it to me at 2cm to relax my body. Worked like a charm. They don't want to give it to you too late because it can affect your ability to push. If you're completely numb, it's almost impossible to do. So they want it to be wearing off enough that you can at least feel something.

0
2,233 12

My doctors gave a very small window to me. Said something about couldn't do it until 4cm but wouldn't do it after 5cm, which sounds really dumb when I think about it. Idk, it didn't matter, since I didn't have it with either of my kids.

0
482 54

Any time after your water breaks, or induction has started, usually between 3-7 cen. If you wait to long, they will say it's to late. If you go to early it can slow labor process.

0