How long did it take you to resume menstruation after giving birth?

Everyone's body is different, of course, but on average, how long did it take for your period to start again after you had your child?

2 1

4 weeks exactly

3
0 0

I gave birth to my son last Nov. 26, 2013.. And i had my menstruation back last april. My discharges was dark brown red. Then i had my next menstruation after 3 months, so that's july.. And until now it's already october, i did not have my menstruation yet. I am not pregnant for sure because i had my PT. Is is normal? I am so worried.

0
0 0

am new to this I had my daughter 10/14/13 I was breastfeeding and formula I breastfeed her the whole 9 months I had started my first period middle of aug but this month September haven't had it is it normal?? wouldn't be already be coming normally because befor I had my baby girl I was normal and took blood work like a month ago and I was fine no problem please answer

0
0 0

i gave birth on july 5 2014 and i use formula for my baby but my menstruation until now i didnt get mine back is it ok?

0
0 0

I give birth to my baby last April 16 2014 and now she is 4months but my mins not started,is this normal or not?pls help!

0
14 0

My girl is 14months and i still have not started mine.

0
0 0

I GIVE BIRTH ON AUG.5 2013 BREAST FEEDING AND I STOP IT A COUPLE OF WEEK AND AFTER MY MENSTRUATION YET UNTIL NOW I DINT GET MINE BACK, IM JUST CURIOUS ABOUT IT PLS HELP.

0
0 0

3menth

0
1

I started right away : (

0
0 11

10 months :)

0
2 0

I didn't get mine back until my DS was almost 2 (I nursed him until he was 2year 10 months) and I got mine back after my DD when she turned 2. I am still nursing her at bedtime only.

0
5 0

16 months and still counting and i only breastfed for a week.

0
48 0

It took me a while, I breastfed so that helped. I think I started back around 6 or 7 months after mine was born. There really isn't a magic number here, every pregnancy is different so some women take longer than others to get their period again.

0
0 0

My twins girls were 8mnths old before I resumed mine but it has been highly irregular ever since

0
235 30

I recently resumed my menses 21 months after my son was born. Mine have been irregular as well with my last menses lasting 3 weeks. My ob/gyn said this is normal.

3 0

Fully breastfeeding, and pumping to store - 4 weeks to pretty much the hour :-P Was SO disappointed lol.

0
30 0

4 months! I really thought something was wrong with me and I thought I would give it the weekend and call Dr. on Monday but then I finally started. I had LOTS of unnecessary stress during the time, that probably did not help.

0
1 17

11 weeks to the day she was born

0
16 4

2 months to the day from when my child began to eat solids with all 4 of my children....so that was 20 months with one of them and 14 with the other 3 kids....was nursing 2 children at the time with the last 3 and still started at 14 months. Was nice to go that ling though. We did ecological nursing with all of them

0
235 30

What is ecological nursing? My youngest was 20 months old when my menses returned and I'm still nursing him a couple times a day.

4 0

About a month after I stopped breastfeeding, which prolongs the absence of your menstrual cycle after giving birth.

0
235 30

It's been different with each one. My son just turned 18 months old and I still haven't resumed yet, but I'm still breastfeeding. I thought I was a few days o.k. because I had some light spotting, but nothing more came of it. I also have Mirena which I read in the insert can cause cessation of periods or only light spotting. I think it came back the quickest with #4, within a month after the initial childbirth bleeding stopped. Most of the time if I've been nursing it didn't resume until my children started eating solids, at around 6 months of age.

0
129 15

Mine started after weaning and stopping the mini pill within about three or four months. So about fifteen months for my first and nineteen months for my second.

0
24 19

I don't know why we would be voting on this... but anywho... I had mine after 13 months with my daughter (shortly after weaning her). My son is nearly 13 months and weaning him seems more difficult. I have reduced the frequency of nursing but he is not losing interest. I did have some slight spotting over a month ago. I wonder if the mini pill (birth control I use while nursing) helps to delay it. It's hard to say because I go off of the pill when I stop nursing.

0
24 19

I had my first period pretty much 1 month after going off the mini pill. I was nursing him about once a night at that time. I haven't nursed him for more than a month now but I still can express a few drops of milk after my shower. I wonder when I'll completely dry up.

9 4

With my first baby, formula fed with a little bit of breastfeeding, it came back at 7 weeks - PP bleeding had continued until 5.5 weeks. With my second baby, exclusively breastfed, she is almost 18 months and it is not back yet. She still nurses a lot. If we get to 2 years I might start to worry.

0
0 0

It was about 4-6 weeks with my 2&3rd but it was a few months with my first.

0
3 0

I'm breastfeeding. With my first, my period returned at about 9 months (and she was still nursing every 3 hours, even through the night, but she did take a soother). My second is 17 months old and I have yet to have a period (but his older sister nurses too).

0
8 8

around 23 months to get my first one then another 5 months for it to sort out being regular

0
45 20

11 or 12 months after each birth (that's 4 times I've experienced this!)
however my sister got hers only about 6 weeks later...

0
0 6

I breast fed all my kids so thats supposed to have an effect. I have 3 kids the first and second one I nursed for 9 months and got it 6 monthscafter giving birth but my last chld I breast fed for 2 yrs(not consistantly, just at night) and it was a good 18 months before I got it..freaked me out, but all is normal now.

0
14 17

My son is almost 16 months old and I still don't get it.

0
34 5

At 10 weeks when my kids slept through the night

0
14 7

If you breast feed, you probably won't start a period until u have weaned the baby. That was my experience.

0
1 23

Less than a month! I was nursing and for some reason, that triggered my cycle to not only come sooner than expected, but I was getting it twice a month until I was done nursing. So strange! And a pain in the bottom.

0
37 33

I got mine just shy of 9 months after my dd was born. It was a couple days after Christmas, worst present ever! Lol :)

0
3 20

8 years!!!!!! My wonderful midwife recommended the Mirena IUD which I had inserted at my 6 week check up. It was the best thing I ever did! No periods, no PMS, no cramps or anemia, no sanitary pads/tampons etc etc. I was supposed to get it removed and then replaced by a new one after 5 years but kept putting it off lol I was so emotionally attached to it!!!! Breastfed Zak for almost 3 years so it would have been delayed anyway theoretically, but I made sure of it.

0
0 0

18 months after my first. I hope it's that long again with my 2nd. I'm at 9 months and counting with her.

0
0 0

9 months...i remember exactly, because I first menstruated again on Christmas Day!

0