How long does chickenpox last and what can you do to help?

For children who do get chickenpox, it can seem like they're dealing with the symptoms forever! But everything has to come to an end eventually. What should moms expect if their children contract this disease and what are your tips for making it easier on your child?

7 23

Tape(or hair tie) socks to their hands so they can't scratch and get a secondary infection.

0
1 14

Expect a lot of time to go by and patience. Projects, movies, stories, CD story books, sleep and family time. My kids were out of school for 2 weeks. I gave them about 3 drops each of St. John's Wort and Passion Flower tincture for pain, itching, and virus support. I also steeped oats, lavender, chamomile in a huge pot for 20 minutes. Then poured the strong tea into a luke-warm bath to help soothe. To help the itching and prevent scarring I had made a yarrow, calendula, lavender EO oil for them. After the bath I would rub this on their entire body. Lots of water, chamomile tea, & nourishing soups as well.

0
4 5

As with any virus, boost there immune system. Vit C, echinacea Apply somethng like aloe on the spots and ensure they have a good diet to support there body through it.

0