How much involvement should a step parent have in the decision making process?

What types of family decisions that relate to a child should a step-parent be involved in? When should step parent make decisions for their step child without consulting the parents? What types of situations should they always talk to the birth parents about?

0 5

I have one child from a previous relationship and I am now married to a wonderful man who loves my son dearly. We have since added to our family and now have a 2nd son and are awaiting a new adittion in the next few days. Whilst my husband often lets me make decisions in regards to his stepson ...he knows he can always talk to me and have a say if it is important or he disagrees. I have ALWAYS actively encouraged him to share his feelings and thoughts with me in regards to daily raising, discipline etc. I think it is important that kids feel there is no distinction or favoritism between the kids in your house, but also the parents! After all does an adoptive parent love their child less than a biological parent...no they don't!! So why should a step parent be treated differently when it comes to loving and having a say in your childs life. If we love, respect and trust our partner enough to have them in our lives and around our children then it shouldn't be an issue to have them dealing with our children i.e. discipline, play etc or deciding on appropriate decisions in regards to raising. The problem is not to do with them loving or caring less, we have to give them the right to express their opinions and like grown adults reach a compromise/decision that both of you are happy with and can stand united on. If you are lucky enough to have a good partner then take advantage of parenting teamwork ... which is much easier than being a single mum. I have done both and while it was a little hard for me to let someone else have a say in my childs decisions at the start, I realised that if I wanted him to love and bond with my son like a father then I needed to trust & give him the same benefits and respect as his biological father. I hope this helps you somewhat... if you are having trouble with the blended family then maybe going to a counselling session together would help or reading a few parenting books and openly communicating your thoughts together on what you have read and how you would approach matters. Maybe they don't know what to do... or maybe they don't have as much experience as you, but remember we were a 1st time parent at some stage too!

14
0 0

I agree

62 25

That really depends on the situation with the other parents involved in the equation. In my home, there are rules and ways of dealing with things that my step daughters may not like or may no do at their homes, but they MUST abide by the same rules as my children to keep thing fair.

As far a decision making is concerned, I defer to my husband with little input from me. If is something in my field of expertise or a topic I have done research on, I arm my husband with as much information as possible and have him deal with it. I don't want to step on their mom's toes. In cases of emergency, I just use my best judgement and let all concerned parties know what I am doing as soon as possible. I always keep in the back of my mind, "What would I want for my OWN child?" when making decisions for his children.

8
134 0

Hello I am Sophia Andres , I am out here to spreed this good news to the entire world on how I got my ex love back.I was going crazy when my love left me for another girl last month, But when i met the website of Dr Ikuku http://ultimatesolutioncenter.webs.com the great messenger to the oracle how my ex love left me and also how i needed to that he serve,I narrated my problem to Dr Ikuku about a job in a very big company.He only said to me that i have come to the right place were i will be getting my heart desire without any side effect.He told me what i need to do,After it was been done,In the next 12 hours,My love called me on the phone and was saying sorry for living me before now and also in the next one week after my love called me to be pleading for forgiveness,I was called for an interview in my desired company were i needed to work as the managing director..I am so happy and overwhelmed that i have to tell this to the entire world to contact Dr Ikuku at the following email address and get all your problem solve..No problem is too big for him to solve..Contact him direct on: ultimatesolutioncenter@gmail.com or call him on +2348104181322 and get your problems solved like me..... ONCE AGAIN HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS: ultimatesolutioncenter@gmail.com or contact him through his website at http://ultimatesolutioncenter.webs.com. he is real and very powerful to help. Dr Ikuku Mobile Number: +2348104181322 Email: ultimatesolutioncenter@gmail.com

4 9

My daughter married her second husband 10 years ago when my grand daughter was 6. He took over, even before they married. He had no children of his own. He guided my grand daughter in her life including sitting down with her every evening to make certain she understood her homework. He supports her in grueling 6-day week swimming practices, makes certain her chores are done, including cleaning out horse stalls and feeding the dogs.

She is now a beautiful 16-year old girl with exceptional grades. Last week she suspended her own Facebook Page because she felt distracted from her schoolwork. Pretty impressive for a 16 year old.

Today my son-in-law has his own son (8-months old) after vowing he didn’t want any other children except my grand daughter. The boy is attached to his hip when he is home. My family is blessed because of this Step-Dad.

8
134 0

0 4

My daughter lives with me but has a step mom she sees a few times a year ( along with her dad). Obviously, when my daughter is in their home it is their rules but I don't feel this woman should have any say in the "big decisions" in my daughter's life. She is not a biological parent and since I disagree with her morals and ethics ( or lack there of) I'm not interested in her input as to how to raise my child. This woman had an affair with my husband while I was pregnant and hides behind religion to absolve her of all her sins. I don't like her ( or my ex husband for reasons to lengthy to go into here) and I don't feel they make decisions that are in my daughter's best interest. I wish I felt differently and had a good relationship with my ex and his wife but sadly, I don't so I could care less about what she has to say and have no interest in including her in any decisions that need to be made on my daughter's behalf.

7
0 15

Sounds like you and I have a lot in common except that my ex has nothing to do with his children now and he had the affair when my children were 15.12 & 5 and abandoned the family the day after my 12 year olds (now 19) birthday. The kids have not spoke to him in years. They tried to have a relationship for awhile but, like you said, his lack of morals just caused huge fights. He absolutely ruined my daughters 16th birthday! He called her to tell her happy birthday and ended up screaming at her! That is how it has been ever since so the kids cut him off and he eventually just stopped calling all together. He's thousands behind in child support which is supposed to be garnished but he's good at hiding. One day he will answer. In the meantime...he's missing out on three great kids and now a grandson due any day now! Life goes on! Luckily we live out of state so I don't have to deal with him! Good Luck!

0 0

I have been a step mom for 9 years. I have known my stepson since he was almost 2yrs old. Since then my hubby had 50/50 custody then when my step son was turning 5 and going to kindergarten, he got primary custody. I quit my job when my hubby and I got married to stay home with my stepson and make sure he was getting the structure and things he needed. My hubby and stepson's mom were young when he was born and they had no idea how to parent, much less get a child with issues help I call most of the shots for my stepson. He was diagnosed with ADHD and Aspergers' Syndrome when he was 7. I will ask for input from his parents but the decision usually falls in my lap. However, I think that if the parents are doing a decent job co-parenting, then the step parent shound step in when asked/needed and discuss their thoughts with the parents. But I think, like in my situation, when no one is doing anything, someone needs to take control of the situation.

3
1 8

Good on you. I have a step-son and daughter...now 23 and 22...Nearly 17yrs ago I moved in with their dad...and straight away I was pretty much the main disipline in their lives when at dads. I did my best to work in with both parents but soon learned [the hard way] that my rules were different to their mums. So they had to learn that things were different at dads and when there it was our rules...having had to deal with many situations that their parents didn't want to..Yes I got the job...and there were times when I was the wicked stepmum...but I never changed...I was the constint in their lives...We now have two more children and I have not done anything different with these two...but when things got really bad with my stepson...the councilor told my husband that he should not expect me to take responsibility for my step children....well what do you do when parents don't? My stepson and I have had many fights over the years and now at 23...we have a great relationship....he comes to me about most things and I do what my father did when I become an adult.....I WILL GIVE YOU MY OPINION...BUT IT IS MY OPINION....YOU ARE THE ONE THAT HAS TO LIVE WITH YOUR DECISSION.....I don't believe that I made their lives worse....in fact...I am proud of the job I did with him...he is turning out to be a great young man.....But in saying all this...It is a role that you have to work at with the children/s parent that you are with and find what works best for you and your relationship.....Good Luck to anyone in this boat....it ain't easy....

4 0

NONE!

2
1 0

So, I assume that you are not a step parent and that your a mother who has a child with a step parent.... Can you please explain why you feel that way.... I am a step mother and I do disagree but I would like to understand the other side.

4 55

hi i personaly think it depends on the situation i have a bleanded family with 5 kids and both absent parents have always been very absent so my husband and i had to fill the gap this was hard because the second the other parent got wind they would freak out so there were alot of times we walked on egg shells which was not good for our kids at all a step parent is a very blessed rule we get to play and i always told them they were special we did not have to love them they we chosen by us this was one of the hardest times in my life but the most rewarding! good luck and stay strong god put you here for a reason you do make all the differance!

2
0 0

A GREAT SPELL CASTER THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX BOYFRIEND. My name is Brown Tina, I am from USA, I remember lying in my room when I was in high school and writing in a journal to my future husband. I’d write all sorts of notes and questions and things I’d wonder or ask this man when I eventually met him. I would wonder where he was and what he was doing and if he was thinking about me too. It has always been such a strong desire in my heart to find a wonderful man to marry, someone who would love me and cherish me and appreciate me for the person I am. I always thought I would get married right out of college, just like my parents, so when that plan didn’t work out, I started to get discouraged. A school mate snatched my future husband away from my arms just because she had spiritual powers, all hope was lost to me before i came across DR. TEBE (greattebespelltemple@gmail.com) who i confided in, i told him my long story and he helped me regain back my lover which is now my husband today. if you have any problem email Dr. Tebe at greattebespelltemple@gmail.com or through his web site http://greattebespelltemple.webs.com/ You can call him with this number: +2348143048153.

0 5

I have been living with my partner and his son for 9 months . I have a child of my own from a previous relationship. Since day one I have treated the boys equal. I love his son as if he was my own . Recently my son has been calling my partner "dad" ,and while I feel that my son is entitled to love however he wants, his bio dad is infuriated , and I don't know what to do. My partner treats both kids equal the same as I do , and I'm afraid if I tell my son he isn't allowed to refer to my partner as anything other then his first name then he won't respect him as an authoritative figure, which I believe my partner has as much say as I do . The whole thing is very stressful . My partners ex and my sons dad both see the kids on weekends, and are still a part of their lives. We all have differences in parenting, but my partner and I stick true to our rules in our house . Good luck to anyone starting a blended family , it's extremely difficult and requires a lot of patience , especially when dealing with ex's . But just remember its about the children and their happiness . I just hope we are doing the right things , and I find myself always looking for answers to everything . I pray my son and partner develop a lasting relationship and that his father realizes that he's not replaced . What a difficult thing .

1
0 0

11 0

I think every circumstance has it own rules really I think it is essential for the step parent to play every role they can in the step child's life in there home with biological parent because other wise you and your husband may come to an end. you have to do what works best for you and the child. Often times it becomes a jealousy struggle between step mother and biological mother or visa versa. If the child is safe and well taken care of then the child is ok. I discuss every decision I make with my sons step father and he discusses every decision he wants to make with me about his daughter . we have custody of both. I have found that over the years we have had to back each other up over the other biological parents and grand parents. We have instances of the hatefulness from his daughters mother then we have instances from my sons step mother. We just hold true to our rules and beliefs on how we want our children to be and sometimes when the children come back from visits we have to remind them that we love them but we still have our rules

1
0 0

0 0

I think a step-parent should have a major role when it comes to the decison making prcess for their step-children. Just like in a household where both parents are biological the step-parent should talk about decisions they make for the children to the other parent, but I think they also have the right to make a decision as the standing parent when the biological parent isn't around. A step-parent should be involved in all familial decions because they are apart of the family.

1
0 0

76 0

I am Cindy Ivan from United Kingdom, Scotland, I did not believe in Love spell magic for i thought and believed it was not real until the day that my boyfriend left me for one Girl, I tried all my possible means to get him back to me but it all seems to be in vain, So one day i saw a testimony on the INTERNET about DR OVIA how he helped one Man to get his wife back, although i didn't believe in love spell, i contacted him because i loved my Boyfriend and i want him back, So DR OVIA performed the love spell and told me to wait for just 12 hours which i did, So surprisingly, My Boyfriend sent me an apologizing Text and he started begging me, from that day, we became together and up till now, We are in love with each other like never before.. If you need any help, You can as well contact DR OVIA on this Valid Emails ( droviasolutioncenter@gmail.com or droviasolutioncenter@yahoo.com) You can also call him on +2348054049995 or contact him directly Via His Website http://droviasolutioncenter.webs.com/
My Regards...

0
0 0

I'm Davis brown from USA. My wife left me for no reason on 13th of June 2010. She moved in with another man, I felt like killing myself and I've tried so many spell casters but all to no avail. My life was very bitter and sorrowful. Then one day, a friend of mine told me about this spell caster called DR OGBIDI who helped her on her own situation when her husband left her. But at first i didn't believe it because i' have tested so many of them and it didn't work. she begged me further so I decided to try this spell caster called DR OGBIDI . I contacted him and i told him my problems and gave him all the necessary information he required. He just laughed and told me never to worry that my WIFE will call me back in less than two days and i believed, and after he has finished casting the spell my WIFE called me and started begging. She apologized and came back to me crying for a second chance. Today i and my wife and my two lovely kids are living happily like never before. I can really say that this spell caster is powerful because of his work my wife is home again. I'm now a very happy man and ever since she has shown me love like never before. Thank you DR OGBIDI I will forever be grateful to you. You can reach him on his email:
drogbidisolutionhome@gmail.com or drogbidisolutionhome@yahoo.com he will solve any problem you are facing now. Just contact him and see his work. once again thank you DR OGBIDI

0
4 0

I never use to believe in spell casting until i met Great Dr Okiriguo a powerful spell caster who helped me to be a happy person again. My name is Gwen Marcus and i reside in USA. After 4 years of Broken marriage, my husband left me with two kids. I felt like my life was about to end and i almost committed suicide, i was emotionally down for a very long time. Thanks to a Great spell caster called Great Dr Okiriguo which i met online on one faithful day when I was browsing through the internet, i came across a lot of testimonies about this particular Great spell caster how he has helped so many people. he has helped people to bring back their Ex lovers, some testified that he restores womb, cure cancer, hiv and other sickness, and so on. I also came across a testimony, it was about a woman called Stella, she testified about how his spell made her to be pregnant after so many years of bareness and at the end of her testimony she dropped Great Dr Okiriguo's email address. After reading all these, i decided to give it a try and i contacted him and explained my problem to him and he assured me that in less than 48 hours, my husband will call me and beg for forgiveness but i thought it will not work. When he had finished casting the spell, the next day my husband called me and he was begging for forgiveness just as Great Dr Okiriguo has said. This is not brain washing and after the spell has been cast, i realized that my husband love me like never before and the spell caster opened him up to know how much i love him and how much love we need to share. We are even happier now than before. Great Dr Okiriguo is really a gifted man and i will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man. If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and a genuine spell caster to solve all your problems contact Great Dr Okiriguo now on
Okiriguoloveandsolutionhome@yahoo.com he will help you solve all your problems. Once again thank you Great Dr Okiriguo for your good deeds a

0
0 0

After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don't believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called EZE MALAKA and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: extremewhitelovespell@yahoo. com you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CAN NEVER STOP TALKING ABOUT YOU SIR HIS WEBSITE ADDRESS is http://extremewhitelovespell.webs.com CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

0
3 0

No one could have ever made me believe that the letter I'm about to write would actually one day be written. I was the world’s biggest sceptic. I never believed in magic spells or anything like that, but I was told by a reliable source (a very close co-worker) that Dr Marvel is a very dedicated, gifted, and talented person, and after much “cajoling,” she (my co-worker) got me to visit this website http://extremespellhome.webs.com. It was one of the best things I have ever done. My love life was in shambles; I had been through two divorces and was on the brink of a third. I just couldn't face another divorce, and I wanted to try harder to make our relationship work, but my husband didn't seem to care. So, with nothing but my pride to lose, I checked it out. I was flabbergasted. Dr Marvel is for REAL. He did whatever magic he does, and lo and behold – no more than TWO DAYS later, I had my husband back! It was like a miracle! He suddenly wanted to go to marriage counselling, and we’re doing very, very well, on the road to recovery! Love and Many Blessings Back to You! Contact Dr Marvel through his website http://extremespellhome.webs.com or his email on extremespellhome@hotmail.com

0
2 0

Hello friends!my name is Sarah Morgan from U.K. I have been in great pain for almost 4 years suffering in the hands of a cheating husband,we were happy and leaving well until he meant his old time girl friend and he started dating her outside our marriage before you knew it he stoped caring and taking care of his own family it was to the extent that he was planning to get married to her and divorce me his own wife, i have cried and reported him to his family but he never listened to any one but to cut my story short i came in search for a real spell caster who could destroy their relationship and make him come back to me and our 2 kids on my search i saw people making testimony on how their marriage where restored by Dr.Adolo i pick his email:permanentadolosolutiontemple@gmail.com and i narrated my story to him and he agreed to help me and after performing a spell on the second day both had a quarrel and he beat his girlfriend up and he came home begging for i and my little kids to forgive him that his eyes are clear now that he will never do any thing that will hurt his family again and promise to be a caring father and never cheat again.I am so so happy that i did not loose him to the girl. all appreciation goes to Dr.Adolo for you are a Great spell caster and to whom this may concern if you have a cheating husband or wife or you need your ex lover back again. you can as well email him on his email;permanentadolosolutiontemple@gmail.com thank you great Adolo for your help bring my husband back to me,thank you so much,thank you once again,

0
1 0

Beware Of Spell casting scammers not all are real some might be fake.my ex-husband and I at all times have always tried to stay friendly over again after a long period of our divorce which occurred in early October this year.So i met with this spell caster Dr Goodluck on the internet after a long search. And he told me everything that i needed to do, and he also assured me that he is going to reunite us in just 24 hours later after his spell casting. So he started his work on Monday 30th Oct. You are not going to believe this. He is back!!! Yes, he really came back in 24 hours just as you guaranteed Sir. Now I'm fully persuaded that you are a legit and authentic spell caster and your hardwork is the best i have ever come across. This is so mind-boggling for me. Wesley is back!!!I haven't by any means experienced something like this before. Thank you so much Dr Goodluck. I never expected such a result. Dream come true. Wow! You were so kind with me. “And may your kindness float back to you like ripples that float back to sea shore”. Thank you Sir for your precious help. I have never been so happy in my life like the way i am today. You are a genuine spirit.You and your work will never be forgotten for making me a fulfilled woman and reuniting me and my ex husband once again.. You are my hero.. The kids are overjoyed to have their father come back home for good. Sir here i am sharing your testimony just as i promised. for any one who might need the help of this great priest here is the email address drextrapowerghost@gmail.com good luck

0
134 0

Hello I am Sophia Andres , I am out here to spreed this good news to the entire world on how I got my ex love back.I was going crazy when my love left me for another girl last month, But when i met the website of Dr Ikuku
http://ultimatesolutioncenter.webs.com the great messenger to the oracle how my ex love left me and also how i needed to that he serve,I narrated my problem to Dr Ikuku about a job in a very big company.He only said to me that i have come to the right place were i will be getting my heart desire without any side effect.He told me what i need to do,After it was been done,In the next 12 hours,My love called me on the phone and was saying sorry for living me before now and also in the next one week after my love called me to be pleading for forgiveness,I was called for an interview in my desired company were i needed to work as the managing director..I am so happy and overwhelmed that i have to tell this to the entire world to contact Dr Ikuku at the following email address and get all your problem solve..No problem is too big for him to solve..Contact him direct on: ultimatesolutioncenter@gmail.com or call him on +2348104181322 and get your problems solved like me..... ONCE AGAIN HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS: ultimatesolutioncenter@gmail.com or contact him through his website at http://ultimatesolutioncenter.webs.com. he is real and very powerful to help.
Dr Ikuku Mobile Number: +2348104181322
Email: ultimatesolutioncenter@gmail.com

0
7 0

Dr Itua HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRL FRIEND BACK TO ME. Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex girl friend that i love so much. Am from norway. i had a girl friend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her girl friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girl friend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this when ever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me. i was so confuse cos i cant live witout her one day i decided to contact a spell caster and i emailed him with his email ituasolutionspellhome989@outlook.com and he replied me so kindly and help me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for a months. Am so happy and all thanks to the GREAT DR Itua. that help me with his white love powers. If you have any kind of problem email him now for help with his email
ituasolutionspellhome989@outlook.com or ituasolutionspellhome989@outlook.com

0
0 20

I think it all depends. In my situations, me and my daughter's father have shared custody. its almost 50/50. But since he started dating her, its him and her making the decisions, I never know whats going on until after the fact. weather its doctors appointments, or dentist appointments, or anything to do with school on his days. Basically I have become a glorified babysitter and have no say anymore as to what happens to my daughter or if something happens at school. Or there was this one incident where my daughter was getting bullied at school by this boy, so I shared ,my concerns with my daughters teacher, and forwarded the email to her dad. Than the next week my daughters step mom went and talked to the boys mother and told her that I was a pathological liar and not to believe a word I said. Step parents can have an active role in the childs life but that does not mean that the biological parent who also has an active role should be cut out of the important decisions regarding their child

0
36 0

How I was able to get my husband back from those home breaker My name is Olivia matins. i was married to my husband for 5 years we were living happily together for this years and not until he traveled to England for a business trip where he met this girl and since then he hate me and the kids and love her only. so when my husband came back from the trip he said he does not want to see me and my kids again so he drove us out of the house and he was now going to Italy to see that other woman. so i and my kids were now so frustrated and i was just staying with my mum and i was not be treating good because my mother got married to another man after my father death so the man she got married to was not treating her well, i and my kids where so confuse and i was searching for a way to get my husband back home because i love and cherish him so much so one day as i was browsing on my computer i saw a testimony about this spell caster Dr Brave testimonies shared on the internet by a lady and it impress me so much i also think of give it a try. At first i was scared but when i think of what meand my kids are passing through so i contact him and he told me to stay calm for just 48 hours that my husband shall come back to me and to my best surprise i received a call from my husband on the second day asking after the kids and i called Dr Brave and he said your problems are solved my child. so this was how i get my family back after a long stress of brake up by an evil lady so with all this help from Dr Brave , i want you all on this forum to join me to say a huge thanks to Dr Brave , and i will also advice for any one in such or similar problems or any kind of problems should also contact him his email is :bravespellcaster@gmail.com,he is the solution to all your problems and predicaments in life. once again his email address is :bravespellcaster@gmail.com,or kindly visit he Website: http://enchantedscents.tripod.com/lovespell/, HE IS SPECIALIZE IN THE FOLLOWING SPELL. 1. GETTING YOUR EX LOVER BACK. 2. DIVORCE SPELL. 3. WINNING LOTTERIES. 4. BREAKING OF GENERATION COURSE. 5. GETTING OF JOB. 6. CHILD BEARING. 7. MONEY SPELL. 8. CURING OF HIV AND MANY MORE. 9. HERBAL CARE. 10. BEAUTY SPELL 11. BUSINESS CHARMS TO ENQUIRE MORE CUSTOMERS AND LOT'S MORE.. So brothers and sisters i have tested this man Dr Brave and i have found that he is real and genuine. i am now the happiest woman on earth today, Contact his via email id and be joyful in your life. : bravespellcaster@gmail.com contact him immediately.

3 0

I never believed in love spells or magic until I met this spell caster once when i went to see my friend in AFRICAN this year on a business summit. I meant a man who's name is Dr OKAYA he is really powerful and could help cast spells to bring back one's gone, lost, misbehaving lover and magic money spell or spell for a good job or luck spell .I'm now happy & a living testimony cos the man i had wanted to marry left me 5 weeks before our wedding and my life was upside down cos our relationship has been on for 4years. I really loved him. So when i met this spell caster, i told him what happened and explained the situation of things to him. At first i was undecided,skeptical and doubtful, but i just gave it a try. And in 2 days when i returned to Canada, my boyfriend (now husband) called me by himself and came to me apologizing that everything had been settled. Well we are happily married now and we are expecting our little kid, and my husband also got the new job and our lives became much better. His email is (OKAYASPELLHELP@GMAIL.COM

0
6 0

I don't think the step-parent should have ANY say if both the bio mom and dad are in the picture. My soon to be ex-husband has been cheating on me and wants to bring his ....other woman into the picture. In NO way do I trust a woman's judgement who knew the situation the entire time. She obviously has zero moral compass so in zero way would I want her influence on my children at any time. BUT I see the other side as well (I had a step-father) but my bio father was never there to fill the role of a father so I don't feel as though he was stepping on toes. I will never marry again because I don't want my children having a step-parent ever. They have their dad and they have me. Period. I wouldn't want her deciding what my kid ate for lunch much less any other decisions that meant anything. Even if she wasn't the mistress I would feel this way with any future step-parent brought into the situation. They are NOT the parent, IF the bio parents are there to fill their own rolls.

Also, sorry I'm kinda bitter right now.

0
5 0

I'm so glad that despite your bitter feelings now, you still have the heart to see the other side as well. I am a step mother to my husband's 3 year old daughter. I've been with her dad ever since she turned 2. We have been in a stable home and relationship as well. My husband and her mother separated on their own terms simply because they were a worse example together as parents than they were together being that they truly aren't right for each other. They are like oil and water. Despite all the circumstances, her mom is very cold toward me and can sometimes be very hostile with her words. She acts like I am out to attack her when all I want in the world is for all of us to get along and form compromises so that the child grows up happily, with no memories of arguments and unhappiness to look back on. She makes it so difficult because she's so irrational and possessive. I truly think they believes we are out to get her when in all truth and honesty, we just want to be on the same page! It gets very frustrating. Being a step parent is not easy. We have a tough time and those of us who truly care about the kids aren't really taken into consideration. It feels like step parents as a whole are lumped together into a stereotyped pile when in actuality, we should all be individually assessed before judged...just like a biological parent.

1

THE MIGHTY SPELL CASTER THAT HELPED ME SOLVED MY CRITICAL PROBLEM.
I dont know how to really thank Dr Raypower for what he did for me. My Name is Precious from USA, i was dating this man who i loved very much for over six years now without any problem in our relationship. so at a point he changed so suddenly after returning from the office and started behaving so strangely. it even got to the extent that he told me it was over and i should never call him again. This was a person that loved me with everything that he had. When i told my friend jenny what happened, she introduced me to a great spell caster called DR RAYPOWER. At first sight this man told me all my problems that it was his secretary that used a charm on him. Dr Raypower told me not to worry that he will help me solve the problem. The following day, i was in the house in a sober mood when i first received a message from my boyfriend that he was very sorry and before i dropped the phone, he called me again to say he is on his way home and that he was truly sorry for everything. To my greatest surprise, one week later he engaged me and we got married. All Thanks to Dr raypower. You can email him at raypowersolutionhome@gmail.com for any problem that you have. once again his email address is raypowersolutionhome@gmail.com

0
0 0

So I have had the hardest time getting my stepdaughter to get along with me. I'm not mean to her or anything and we finally got over that hump and are getting along great now. Well I talked to her mom last week and she told me she is tired of hearing that I'll do something for her daughter. if she ask me for something she needs I'm going to get it for for. Well she call my husband and told him about her "worries" and that their daughter is spoiled. So now everything from shampoo needs to go through my husband before I buy it. I don't spoil her. And it also said that he will be the one reinforcing the rules all the time now. I feel like my step-parental rights are being taking away. I also feel like the ex is doing this because she is jealous of the relationship I have built with her daughter and that she doesn't get everything that she wants like she use too. Its getting really stressful and I am at a least on how to explain this to my husband. Part of me feels like just pulling away from the family and just be me and my 17 month old daughter. HELP!

0
27 16

LOL same here His ex is soooo crazy. SHe has to control everything and she don't even talk with her daughter it's nuts

27 16

I think a step parent is another parent to the child Just because it's split family doesn't mean decisions about the well being of the child should really be up for discussion. If the kid is sick bring them to the doctor give them the medicine they need and so on and so forth. My daughter is split family and that means she has 2 dads and 2 moms we share responsibility and don't have to call each other. We communicate with each other about "our" needs and wants and work through everything in a matter of minutes, or tag phone calls. For the most part we don't have to make calls on last minute desisions because we already no what to do and what the other ones would do.

But on the other side of that I have a step daughter and there is NO communication between the 2 sides because apparently it's to complicated for them to talk to each other and raise their kid together separately. I have to walk on eggshells so I don't upset his ex-wife because "I am out of place" ... So unfortunately my step daughter either has to be ignored by me or I have to let her win so I don't have to hear it from anyone.. It's sucks having to treat her like she can't handle reality she is 14 years old and it's been like this for almost 10 years.
It sucks because all it's going to do is ruin her mental development

0
1 0

My name is laaaso, i had a problem with my husband sometimes ago but never knew what the problem was,i tried to asked him but he refused to tell me what it was as time goes on i discovered he was having an affair with a friend of mine that happens to be my best friend,i was so sad that i never knew what to do next,during my search for a way out i met a friend of mine who had similar problem and introduced me to a man who helped her with his situation,on getting to the man i discovered he was a spell caster i was shocked because i have not had anything to do with a spell caster in my entire life so i tried to give this man a chance cos i never believed in spell casting as i thought it will not work for me but to my surprise i got positive results and i was able to get my husband back from her even after the spell caster did all. i discovered my
husband fell much more in love with me on like before so i was so happy that i never know what to do for him so i am using this opportunity to tell anyone on this blog having similar problem visit winexbackspell@gmail .com and your problems shall be solved.

0
1 0

well in my situation i am not allowed to make any decisions on when and how to take care of my child. I make decisions for him and my husband overrides my authority...tells me Im babying him. He controls the time he goes to bed how many times to eat a day and what he can drink..H wants to control every thing about him and I have no say but I do fight him constantly on how he treats my child..He is 13 and he makes him go to bed at 930 during the week during summer and at 11 on weekends..thats fine and all but that isnt how I feel..When he is trying to clean up after himself he is watching every move he makes..At the dinner table he tells him how to eat his food..If his plate isn't empty he goes to bed with no snacks...Now I can understand it if he were way younger but he isn't..He is a good kid and gets treated like he is not important at all..He is always explaining his dumb ideas that make no sense..He was raised by a tyrant and he is treating my kid like he is nothing...He even tells him how to shower..when to use a wash cloth...tells him if he eats to much he will get fat...tells me im week because i help him with things that he doesn't know how to do..He isnt allowed to hug me because he is too big...im babying him If I hug him..I so sick of it what do I do...

0
14 0

My husband and I have a blended family. He has 2 children from his first marriage and I have 2 children from my first marriage. I leave the decision making for his kids up to my husband and his ex wife. We have a pretty good relationship all of us and they will ask me my opinion at times or if I feel there is an issue I will bring it up to them. It works. I love my step kids but I'm not their mother. They respect me and listen to me but I completely respect their mother. My husband ALWAYS shares with me though what they decide and decisions they make in regards to the kids. My children's dad and I are pretty similar although he's not nearly as involved in our kids lives and decision making as my husband is with his. I do not feel like his wife really should be allowed to make decision in regards to my kids (although there are many reasons why) because that should be my ex and I's responsibility. I realize that every situation is different. It would be different if I walked away from my kids. I feel strongly that my children need to respect her and listen to her as they should with most adults in their lives. If there is a problem though it should go through my ex or I. I feel from my personal experience that as a step parent you MUST respect the role of the Bio parents. That doesn't mean you have to like them or be their friend or agree with everything they do or every decision they make but you have to respect the fact that they are the parent. If you do that then it makes everything so much easier. I can't tell you how my times my husband's ex wife has told me how much she appreciates they respect I have for her and how I've never pushed myself on her or their kids. The kids love me for it and so does she... I hope this helps!

0
4 0

Hi, I am speechless for the help I had from You ...Everything has changed for good....no... for Great...I would never realize that I got back my Best Friend back after all the bad things I did and said... Well, I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND PATIENCE... Any one who need help call Dr Obodo @ +234-8155425481 or E-mail @ templeofanswer@hotmail.co.uk Talk soon... WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST!!!

0 1

Like I've recently read on here every situation is different. I have 3 children from my first marriage and a step son from my second. I was made aware of everything pertaining to my step son and my husband would ask for my opinion. But ultimately the decision is left up to the bio-parents. As it should be especially since there was 50/50 legal custody. I also had a great relationship with his ex-wife. However my situation was a bit different. At first there were no problems with visitation or decision making. My ex and I could take about anything and talk for a great length of time. Then he remarried. Now the step mom thinks she calls all the shots. She is always making decisions behind my back and doing things that she shouldn't be doing. I too have 50/50 legal custody of my children. This lady is so far out there and controlling that she wouldn't/didn't inform me of when my son's graduation from college and my daughter's high school graduation were to be held. Nor was I permitted a ticket to attend. Any pictures or announcements she just purchased were sent out to everyone but me. My entire family received an envelope full of keepsakes. I received nothing. And again I was not informed of anything. My youngest daughter who's 17 and my oldest son who is about to be 23 do reside with my ex and my mid daughter resides with me. However that shouldn't matter in the least. I'm still the mother. And ever since day one she's had a problem with that. She's always having surgeries and altering herself to I assume look or feel better. I don't know. I also just recently had to have CPS out to my ex's house as the step mother punched my daughter in the back of the head. Since my 19 year old was there visiting she came home and immediately told. This had not been the first time the step mom struck my daughter. I've discussed numerous times with her that there's to be absolutely no corporal punish inflicted on my children. She would constantly promise that it wouldn't happen again. Now as for my ex he just lets her do whatever she wants whether right or wrong just so he doesn't have to listen to or deal with her. That's sad. He's also not allowed to talk to me at all. Then to top it off I have absolutely no idea who their doctors/dentists are or have any emergency information like medical insurance which he provides per the court order.

What now need is some advice on what to do. Is there anyone out there with any similar issues. I can't believe I'd be the only one. This has really taken a toll on not just me but my children as well. Her constant bad mouthing me and informing my children of adult issues is way out of control. And she's an attorney(well worker's comp)!

I'm open for any help.....
Thanks in advance
Christine

0
2 0

Sounds like your kids were old enough to let you know when their graduations were themselves. And maybe their stepmom didn't feel like she needed to pony up the dough for you to have pictures that you could've bought yourself. Also, I'm guessing you have been receiving child support throughout these children's lives all while the children's father and stepmother still had to pay for everything at their home. So they paid you, then paid for the kids and their household and you're whining that the stepmom didn't inform you of your ADULT children's events and buy you something you should've bought. Ugh. I am so sick of bio moms like you. I swear, it's so exhausting dealing with it.

85 15

It all depends. It depends where the child resides: mom and dad both remarried or not; how much time child spends in each home. In our situation, my hubby's daughter, my SD, resides with her mom and mom's new husband, and visits with us every other weekend, etc. SO, as a SM I do not have much say about anything, accept when she is at my house and only about little things like meals, routines, rules, behaviours, etc (we have 4 kids all together). When it comes to major decisions, her mom makes them, and often doesn't even consults with my hubby, child's BF. But my hubby also makes decisions and doesn't consults with BM, not major decisions of course, when the child is in his custody.
I believe that all the major decisions should be made by bio parents and should be discussed between the two of them. Step parents' input should be the extension of the bio parents' decisions and not the decision makers. First and foremost it's just simply not legal, unless of course the child doesn't have bio dad or bio mom and the step parents assume the responsibility for the child. So, yeah, it depends on the situation.

0
0 0

0
34 14

I have often tried to help my children's father with the 4 children he has with his current wife, but I know my boundaries because of her, and I ask him first before I do anything. But they like me alot and often will walk up to me (or run) even in front of their real mother. While I love their attention, I know that their real mother will yet at my children's father (something she does on a daily basis) about the fact the children walk right past her and run up to me instead. He has told her it is because I play with them and do things for them whereas she doesn't. But one thing I've learned is that you NEVER force a child to choose who they will and will not love. It is their choice only. I have helped my 2 daughters I have with their father, choose gifts for him or their 4 half-siblings (who would be my step-children if their father and I ever got back together), since his wife gets them NOTHING, and does nothing with them. My children's father has told his wife flat out, as have other people as well, that I would make a better mother to the children than she is since she does nothing for them. She does not take care of them at all and instead chooses to lock herself in her room and play games on the computer. My children's father has to be Dad AND Mom to all of the children while she just sits there. He wants to leave his wife and we are talking about getting back together, and I have told him that I considered even his other 4 children as my own, regardless of the fact I did not birth them myself.

0
2 0

You sound completely dillusional.

128 10

I am a step mother myself, & as far as the decisions go in my husband & I's house, he lets me help make all of the decisions. But I also think it depends on the situation. I am very actively involved in my step daughters life, & I love her as if she were my own. Her biological mother however, is pretty much a piece of crap, to put it nicely. I am the one that has taught her right from wrong, how to use her manners, etc. I'm the one that got her enrolled in preschool. If her mother was there more for her, & didn't make bad decisions regarding her daughter's life, I would definitly take a step back & let her be the main parent. I always let my daughter know no matter what, I will always be here for her & she doesn't have to call me mom. I leave that decision up to her. However, I do think no matter what the situation, the step parent should be allowed to help in some decisions, because they are also playing a parental role in the child's life.

0
2 0

Thank you! So true. If you do EVERYTHING for a child why should you have no say in how that child is raised? Some bio moms are gonna say 'Well then stop trying to do everything for my kids!' Well ladies, then you'd just call us lazy bitches because we don't do anything for your children! Make up your minds! You'd think people would be happy that someone else really lived their kid and looked out for them when they weren't around. Instead they're stewing about what decisions the step mom might be making without their input. I have made every effort to be communicative and completely open and honest with my step kids bio moms. I make sure everyone is on the same page and that things are consistent for the kids sake. Still they make me out to be meddling outsider who isn't welcome in important talks about child's behavior or big decisions. As a stepmom you'll never get any respect or recognition for the job you do. The step kids will always love their mom more (normal) and the mom will always think you're either doing too much or not enough. Sucks.

0 0

My husband and I have been married for 6 years, together for 9. We have 2 children together and he has a son, who is now 11 from a previous relationship. My husband and I where together for about a year and him and his ex where arguing about Coby, which they often did and still do, I said that they both needed to act like adults and start getting along for Cobys sake. Well needless to say since that day EVERYTHING has been a nightmare. Since day one Cobys mother talks down to me in front of Coby so any chance Coby has to disrespect or disagree with me, he takes it. Actually makes me very sad. I love Coby with all my heart, as if he was my own. Everything I do in Cobys moms eyes is taken as a threat. I dont know what to do. I want to make the right decisions for ALL my children. This whole thing has always been hard on all of us, at times it takes its toll on my marriage but most importantly this is really taking its toll on Coby. My husband works a lot so I take care of things like doctor appts or going to parent-teacher conferences which means I sometimes have to be the one to communicate with Cobys mother and to be honest with you it scares me to death. I am afraid of what shes going to say. Will she start a fight with me today or what?? When she does treat me horribly, I then resent my husband because I feel if he would have just taken care of this I wouldnt have to deal with her at all. I constantly feel like I have to walk on egg shells around her because I am not sure whats going to trigger her that day. Very sad but true. I strongly believe that both biological parents have to work together in order for any positive changes in Cobys life. There are NO similar between the two homes. There is no communication because 90% of conversations (wither it be between my husband and Cobys mom or myself and Cobys mom) turn into an argument. Its very frustrating for me so I can only image what this is doing to Coby. Any advise would help. Thank you!!!

0
2 0

114 1

My step daughter was 6 when her dad and I met; my kids were 3 & 5. She had always lived with her dad, her mom is a flake and while she refused to relinquish custody she did agree to let their daughter live with her dad. When we married, we just tossed the kids into the mix and told them to "get on with it", which they did, quite successfully! We have rules in our house that all applied equally to each child. We tried to be very fair while being very firm. Every now and again "mom" would not like something, but the daughter was told that "your mom doesn't make the rules here", but we were certainly willing to talk things over. We didn't exclude her either. When it was time for that first bra, I called "mom" to tell her that this was needed much sooner rather than later and did she wan to take her shopping or should I....they made that next weekend visit into a special shopping trip.

My bottom line is that kids need to respect the rules in the house of whichever parent they happen to be. Major decisions should be made by primarily by the bio parents, but my husband and I discussed everything regarding ALL the kids then with the other parent. It worked for us, but we didn't have all the emotionality that seems to get in the way for others.

0
6 67

I have been a step-mom it seems forever. My stepdaughter came into my life when she was four. When she turned 6 she came to live with us permenently. Since her mother was far away and not much of a mother, I stepped in even before my hubby and I married. We got married when she was 10. I had two of my own but never treated her any differently than I treated the ones I birthed. I always made sure to have a say so in EVERYTHING and keep myself involved. I feel if you live under my roof (even on the weekends) I should be able to discipline or reward you. I should also be able to tell you what to do as long as I am not telling you to do anything illegal. My SD is now 21 years old. It was rocky during her teen years when she went through the "I don't want you as my mom" phase but I stood my ground against her, my mother-in law and my husband at times when I knew I was right (which was most of the time..LOL). We have a great relationship now and she often thanks me for being there and doing what her mother didn't. It truly depends on the situation but in my house It's MY WAY or the highway!

0
2 0

Awesome. So true. I won't have people being disrespectful and rude in my house either. And I refuse to be uncomfortable in my own home!

1 13

I am a step parent my self, when my husband and I got married his first child was just born so I've been apart of his sons life since he was about 6mths. His biologcal mother didn't want her son any where near me eventho I never mistreated him, he will be 2 next mth and things are a lot better but she still doesn't think I should have a say in anything In reguards to her son eventho I love him just as much as I love me and husbands daughter.... I think she let's her feelings get in the way of things. Bcuz mayb she still hurting for why they broke up .... neverthe less I think when children r invovled its all about them and if there are good parents in the picture why act immature and not let them help u?

0
61 0

If it directly involves you you DO have to say something or you just get shelved. Just when it effects you and not just any issue you think you should give advice on. I learned early to keep it simple, stay as far out as possible unless my car, my eyes, or my efforts (or my husband when unreasonable, you know what I mean ladies!) was involved.

0
0 0

Well said. I am a step parent myself & I can say that I am actively involved in the affairs of my step kids. And I think that's the way it should be.

0
0 0

There are several factors. Who the child lives with. Is the biological parent involved? Are there other children involved. You have to let the step parent be involved if the child lives with them you can include the other parent but their say cannot be final word. If children do not live with step it has to be between the parents only but rules in your house must be equal when other children are involved.

-1
1 0

My ex-husband and I had always manged to stay friendly after our divorce, but I always wanted to get back together with him, and he was never sure. So, I thought it was about time I MADE him sure! All it took was to contact you and a request for a specific love spell, and win ex back spell’s powers began to work their magic. My spell is working because guess what: My “ex” is soon to be my husband again! This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you, win ex back spell. Words are not enough.contact the great man on winexbackspell@gmail.com