How much time do you spend with your child in a day?

Whether you're a working mom, stay at home mom, or if your child is a baby or in school - how much time do you typically spend with your child in a day?

0 0

My husband and I are both able to stay at home because we both run businesses and have a farm. We also home school our two children. Because of this, we spend almost the full 24 hours of the day with our kids. We fill extremely lucky because of this and couldn't ask for a better situation.

6
3 3

Not nearly enough. I work Full time and my husband works 2 jobs. My kids are very self sufficient, but thats because they have to be which is sad. I can say that I try really hard to make the time I do spend with them quality. I make sure we talk about our day for atleast 30 min when I get home. Dinner is with no distractions. At night we for a 20 min " Wind Down" which is also distraction free.
Weekends we have Sunday Faily day, and if thats interupted, we always always have Family dinner at 6. No excuses unless your sick, and when that happens we all eat soup bedside together. The summer is fun, but the Winter is my favorite for family time. Its cold, so snuggling up to watch movies or play board games happens alot more frequently. I truly believe, its quality not quantity. You can spend 10 hours in the same room with your kids and not be with them for any of it. I make sure my time with them counts... and I hope they know how much I treasure it.

4
0 31

I spend every day with my son! and love every minute of it...

2
0 0

I am a stay-at-home mom that has two special needs children..My son is Autistic/Deaf/Non-verbal and my daughter is Deaf(but with hearing aides hears and speaks fluently,we forget she is deaf:)...My son is 10 and my daughter is 7. I feel that for my son and daughter to get the most out of life it is beneficial to spend alot of time with them doing activities at home and out in society.

2
35 0

My only child at home (2 years old) came after my youngest was 21. A real surprise. No matter how much your told time flies by, your really don't understand until your an empty nester. So I spend all my time with my child. She cooks with me, gardens with me and does household chores with me. I love every minute

2
0 0

I spend everyday all day with my daughter. The only time we're apart is if I'm in the bathroom

2
53 26

I spend about 3 hours a day with my daughter and my hubby spends about 2 hours with her on a typycal weekday. I spend all day Thursday, Saturday and Sunday with her. This is a great balance for our family I think cause I could not be a stay at home parent. Its such a tough job and I love my work too so this compromise works well. The only problem is we only get the grumpy hours, early morning and late evening!! Not fair!!! :)

2
123 3

I usually spend about 3 hours (awake) and rest of the night co-sleeping :) Am working mom

1
32 0

22 Hours if we go to the gym, otherwise 24. Mamas boys. Woot! Woot! lol.

1
1,510 49

about 15 or more hours not including when shes sleeping....otherwise 24 hours

1
4 3

About 6 hours. 2 hours in the morning and 4 hours in the evenings! i wish I could spend some more time but it's difficult being a full time employee and going to school in the evenings but somehow we manage.

1
1 2

i work 12 hour nights three days a week so i get to spend just about every day with my son. i do have to nap if i have to work the night before so he has to go to the sitter for about 4 hours 2 days a week but for the most part i am with him. his dad works days so when i leave for work he spends the evenings with him. i think its works out great because his dad and i get to spend most of our time with him but he still gets the interaction with other kids he needs from the sitters house.

1
0 44

I did spend every day all day with my 2nd old daughter, but now her daddy and I r not together and I have a job on the second shift so I don't see her as much as I'd like too

1
0 0

I spend all day everyday with my daughter. I would only get the rare occasion were I'm separated from her like maybe the odd night when I want to go out with my friends but even at that it's maybe only for 2 - 4 hours. I absolutely love it though and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Best job in the world!

1
0 0

I spend all day with my children because I am currently a stay-at-home-mom. Hubby spends about 12 hours with them typically. It works out!

1
1 0

I'm a stay at home mom but do a few hours of home flexible work when I can fit it in. I spend two hours before school - 6 to 8am, 2 hours after school - 12 to 2pm, then after nap we spend the rest of the afternoon together till bedtime - 4 to 8pm. I would say at least two hours out of those 8 are doing something fun together. In school holidays we spend the whole day together, minus nap time when i cram in work then and when he's in bed at night. My son is 3 1/2 . He spends about 3 hours with his dad too each evening after he finishes work and we are all together.

1
0 0

I spend roughly 3 to 4 hours a day with them and usually 12-14 on the weekends.

1
0 0

I homeschool my daughter so we are together almost 24/7 and I wouldn't change a thing about it. She sometimes spends time with her grandmother, but it's me the majority of the time.

1
0 20

I am a stay at home to two (18 & 5) and I am with them 24/7. My first husband past away due to cancer, so no break there. My current husband works all the time, if he's not working then he's home with the kiddos too. My in-laws live far away from like a 24hour drive and my mom passed away in 2008, so no help from anyone! I love being with my kids and would not trade this time for anything...there is no place I'd rather be.

1
0 0

All day every day... I homeschool and work from home. But I'm very busy with all of that and don't get much "playtime" with them.

1
62 25

During the school year 5 awake hours a day. During the summer and school vacation 12-15 awake hours a day.

1
0 3

24/7...I am a SAHM & we co-sleep so she's even in bed with me....

1
1 0

I am a stay at home mom and with the exception of the 1 and a half hour babysitting the YMCA offers they are always with me. The only people that babysit on occasion is the kids grandparents and that's far and few between.

1
0 0

Im with my boys 24 hrs a day. My husband gets home late each evening. We switch reading stories to each. My little one come in at about 3am. I know this time will pass quickly, but Id like a break just a couple hours a week, at least.
A more interesting question may be "How much time do we spend engaged in some activity wth our kids?"

1
0 0

Your question at the end is what I thought these postings were going to be about! HA! I am with my children all day almost everyday ...but I feel pretty conscious about the QUALITY of time I am spending with them.

0 4

I am a stay at home mom. My sons are 1, 2, and 8. My oldest is in school during the school year obviously, but otherwise I am with them 24/7. My husband sees them for a few hours after work before bed and on weekends. They have never been to a sitter, only family.

1
1 0

We are working parents, I work part time as a teacher, so I can spend the afternoon, with my two children 9 and 4. I think i need some time for me, and what is very important is to spend good moments , play, read and talk to them. We also share a TV program , usually Discovery channel , and have a time for dinner together and pray every night.

87 38

My daughter is two and I am the main one to care for her. Her father, of course, watches her sometimes, as does her grandparents and aunts and uncles. But I spend the majority of the days with her, so about 10-12 hours each day.

1
21 3

i spend approx 2 1/2 hrs a day during the weekdays. then i spend all day Saturday and 3/4 of sunday with her. I'm a full time single working mum. with no support from anyone. its tough and i beat myself up as i would like more time with my kid

1
93 5

My son is such a joy. I can't wait for 16h00 to pick him up from educare and then spend all that time until he goes to bed at 19h30-20h00 (He's 2 now) Then we all (myself, my son and hubby) spend the whole weekend together except for Saturday morning when it is dad and Nic breakfast morning out. I love being with him. I work from home so we spent his first year and 1/2 together.

2 0

maximum of two hours per day during working days and average of 6 hours

0
0 0

stay at home mom

0
1 0

being a working women my day starts with my kid morg 6am first make him get ready to school with his tiffin as he is foody. after that i leave for work in the afternoon with both meet n than leave together for his cricket coaching n than study time. in this entire day i m away frm him only when he is in school. i spend quality time talking, praising him , listening curiously his day work, he is 12 but takes atmost care of me as i m single mother. he tells his wish but never forces me to fulfill. he is self depended . helps me in my chores . i love his understanding. n nondemanding nature.

0
1

I am a working mother after coming from office at 5 pm I am spending full time with my son till 9.30(till he sleep)On saturday and sunday ,I am spending full time with my son from 6 am till 9.30 pm.I am playing with him ,reading & writing with him with full interest.I love doing this.Sometimes he become teacher and teaching me all which he knows and sometimes I become teacher and teaching him as a student.I love playing with him ,some times I become frog ,jumping and doing ribit,ribit.Some times I become horse for him and doing neigh......

At the mid of the nite also he is asking any thing or going for toilet I am always with him with smile.

I never feel I am doing big thing for him .My son is my god and my religion.Once he will be successful I will also become successful and I can die peacefully.

Every mother wants to see his son successful and best in every thing.I also wants the same as one ordinary mother thinks ,only difference is when he reads I reads with him,when he writes I am always with him to write.When he plays I am always there to play.When he does skating ,I also running behind him to encourage him.When he plays a basket ball I am always with him to cheer him.

I love feeding him and love cooking what he wants to eat.I don't beleive ,if you are good mother you should be very strict and scold always.I am very polite mother but I know how to implement the things I wanted with politeness and great patience.I am always hearing my son and trying to follow it with lots of patience .

I love my son too much .I feel proud to say i am the best mother.

0
0 0

My kids are 9, 8, 6, and 5. I am with them 24/7, because I homeschool them all.

0