How often do you bathe your baby or toddler old?

How often do you bathe your child? Have you increased or decreased frequency as they have gotten older?

1 20

I asked my daughter's pediatrician this same question and this is what they said...an infant should only be given a bath 1 to 2 times a week because their skin is so sensitive, but you can wipe them down with a damp cloth if needed between baths. As a baby grows and gets more active they should be given a bath more often, 2 to 3 times a week. A toddler should be given a bath the same 2 to 3 times a week unless they are very active and need more. They also told me since my daughter has dry sensitive skin I should not give her a bath every day because it washes off the natural oils, but should use creams (Not Lotion!) every day. Every other day is fine for children, teenagers and adults unless they are very active (smelly, dirty or/& oily) and need more.
I personally give my daughter a bath 2 to 3 times a week, unless she gets really dirty or sweaty. I seems to bathe her more in the summer!
Hope this helps answer your question! :)

38
0 16

There's way too much obession with everything being germ free these days. My 3yr old is bathed 2-3 times a week which is plenty, she doesn't get particularly dirty and has 'wet-wipe' washes in between. She's only ever been ill once whereas her daily bathed sterile friends are ill almost monthly! I think parents should relax more and let their kids get dirty, it (in general) won't kill them!

8 23

I bathe my 2 kids every night. Very rare that they skip a bath. Especially since they're toddlers and they're always on the floor and their food gets on their hair etc. A nice warm bath and a good moisturizer like Eucerin or Aveeno daily lotion and their cup of milk at night. Same routine every night including the weekends.

31
20 3

I have three children ages 4, 3 and 1. They get a bath every evening before bed. They have had a bath almost every day since they were born. They play hard and being potty trained (the older 2) sometimes do not have the best hygiene. And the little one still being in diapers and feeding himself usually needs a bath by the end of the day :-)

27
2 36

I bathe them everyday at night but if they miss it I don't stress. I have a 3yr and 7mth old. They love playing in the water so it is just another fun activity for them more than a hygiene factor.

17
126 0

When my daughter was an infant the pediatrician said even as little as once a week was enough because too many baths dries out their skin. Also she pointed out that the parts that get the dirtiest (diaper area, face, and hands) are being wiped constantly throughout the day. I probably bathed her about 1-2 times per week. Now she's 3 and I bathe her about 2-3 times per week. She has very dry skin and seems to stay pretty clean and doesn't smell. I'm sure as she gets older we'll increase the baths because she'll get smellier.

16
53 21

As babies I only bathed/bathe them 1-2x per week because they don't get dirty really and I wipes their hands, face, groins all the time. I bathe my 4 and 2 year olds 2-3x per week and as needed if they get really grubby, but again, we wash the dirtiest parts more. My kids have eczema and too muuch bathing would aggrovate the problem( pediatrician, allergist and pediatric dermatologist all agree). It works for now! When these 3 boys become teens- I will encourage daily bathing!

7
1 13

Living in a subtropical area with heat and humidity we bathe our 2 year old every day - sometimes a bath, sometimes a shower. It's part of her pre-bed routine and she loves the water, and the chance to relax and play.

7
10 5

My son is 3 and I bathe him every other day. Maybe its because he's a boy but he sweats a lot!!

5
9 8

Every other day!

5
6 40

2-3 times a week ever since they were born. More often in the Summer coz of the sweat and sand/beach.

5
0 13

My 13 month old daughter gets a bath on every 3rd day. I belive the more bath time they have the drier their skin/hair may tend to be, especially in the winter months. She'll get one sooner though if she makes a mess with her food or something like that. But i think this works best for her, for now. I very rarely have to use lotion on her as her skin stays nice and baby smooth. ;)

3
12 18

When my daughter was just a newbie.. About once a week unless we had the whole poop up the back thing (super gross btw).. Now shes 15 months and she gets one about every 2-3 days... Sometimes it's a bit more- like when she wants to shower with mommy, but 2-3 times a week is pretty average for us :)

3
0 15

My daughter is 2 1/2, She LOVES her shower, so she will have one every night, but we only use soap prob twice a week, she's not a messy kid at all, she will use wipes herself to clean food and dirt off her body. She has hair half way down her back, but it never gets too knotty (never gets oily) so I only wash it 1-2 times a fortnight. Her skin is perfect, no dryness anywhere except her toe nails, which i rub cream into twice a week.

3
0 15

every night

3
26 64

My bf and I have 5 kids between us we bath them all every night the 3 youngest being 2 and 20 months are always having food fights colouring on each other playing in the dirt so if we dont bath them it is worse the next day, the older two are 4 and 6 and they go to public school not knowing who or what they are touching everyday bothers me.

3
5 22

2 -3 days a week, I don`t` think its nessecary every day at my daughters age (31 months). If her long hair gets messy I will do it more

3
2 33

I have 4 children, one boy and 3 girls. My son is hitting puberty so he takes one every day. My daughters take one every other day. If we miss the day it's not a big concern. We give them a bath the very next day.
When they get older you have to teach them to keep clean. They also have to learn how to have good hygiene.
My 22 month old loves baths and would stay in there all day if I would let her. lol But I do not. :)
She doesn't go anywhere she stays at home with me. If she gets dirty eating or gets into something that's a little messy then I will give her a bath. But for the most part, about 3 times a week for my girls. :)

2
14 17

I used to bath my son every day when he was a small Infant, hes 2 now and he gets a bath every 2nd night.

2
5 2

I have a 3.5 year old and 19 month old. They get a bath together every other day. My youngest has really dry skin, so it makes it worse to do it more often even when using baby oil and lotion daily. If you feel your children are dirty every day, then bathe every day. If you think they stay fairly clean, then doing it every other day is just fine. If you're really worried about how often, ask your pediatrician next time you have an appointment.

2
54 1

i give my seven month old a bath every other day too! unless he gets really messy from eating lol

2
1

Everyday..my baby loves baths..she feels fresh and she is less fussy..her skin doesn't dry up..works for me..

1
12 21

My daugher is 4 years old and I've always bathed her 3 times per week. The only areas that get actually dirty are her face and hands and those get washed all the time. (We use wet wipes for going the bathroom so that area stays clean.) I would give her a bath if she gets sweaty in the summertime or I would have her put on her swim suit and run through the sprinklers! I'm assuming as she gets older and her hormones start to play a vital roll, she will need to bathe more times per week but for now 3 times seems to suit her just fine.

1
0 0

My routine every night is dinner, bath, story time and bed!!! My son is 3 1/2 and tends to get grubby through his daily activities!!! I cnt say what's the right amount of times to bathe ur children, it comes down to personal choice I guess as long as ur child is getting the appropriate attention to thirt health and hygiene.
I like to add lavender to soothe my son as seems to calm him down for bedtime, I love watching my son in the bath. I noticed that there's some conflict oh here, quite inappropriate stuff being said, end of the day we are all mothers and we are all doing our best so ladies chill out, be kind to each other, ur all doing an amazing job!

1
0 44

I bathe my 3 month old maybe twice/week. It's less scheduled and more when I think she needs it (like after a really messy diaper, getting sweaty from being out by the pool, and whatnot). My 3 year old gets a bath every day. I add chamomile flowers and essential oils to her bath to calm her after the craziness of school. It helps her unwind, transition from the school to home environment, and get cleaned up before dinner and bed. Bath time is sorts sacred around here. I use baths for myself to destress, relax sore muscles, detox, and mellow out. I believe hydrotherapy is totally valuable and simple in the home. But for tiny bodies with sensitive skin, there's no reason to dry them out (especially in the dry Brooklyn winters). Soon she's be old enough to enjoy bath time with her big sister!

1
0 44

1
2 4

I bathe my kids 2-3 times a week during the cold months and daily during the summer months, since they play outside and sweat a lot then.

1
1 8

I bath my 3 year old and ten month old every night. It's their favourite time of the day bathing and splashing together. My two boys are filthy by the end of the day and it helps wind down after a busy day.

1
3 4

I give my 2 year old a bath every other day. Her skin is very dry as it is and I don't wan to dry it out even more. The climate we're in has a lot to do with her dry skin. But if she happens to get extremely dirty she will get a bath as soon as I can give her one. :-)

1
13 26

my baby is 7 months and i bathe her every other day unless she gets messy!

1
0 0

I bath mine 1 -2 times a week. They don't really get dirty and too much bathing is bad for their skin and dries it out. :) hope this helps. X

0
16 0

My daughter will be 2 in May and due to her Eczema the Pedi told us to bath her every other day so it doesn't dry her skin out anymore than it already is. She has such sensitive skin (like her momma) that I cannot use lotions, baby powder, etc on her. I have to buy the same brand of laundry soap, shampoo, baby bath, dish soap, etc or we will both break out in hives.

0
19 0

baby...every two days depending on..... toddler the same... my school age every other night depending on....

0
0 12

i have 3 kids ages 10, 3 and 15 months. my oldest takes a bath every night for school and my other 2 have to have one every night cuz they are too grubby by the end of the night after playin all day outside in the dirt, but they love baths:)

0
503 54

Babies, every other day. Toddlers every night, but use of soap every other time.

0
5 9

I heard the 1 or 2 a week for a new born on the US,but in Europe,we bathe them everyday.I guess it depends on you.

0
33 0

When my daughter was an infant she got a bath every third day, right now she is 2 and gets a bath every other day, unless she puts spaghetti in her hair. Basically it's as needed, sometimes it's 3 days between baths, sometimes it's each night if she gets dirty. Never more than 3 days between baths though.

0
1 0

Roughly i Bathed my daughter twice a Week since being Born. Depending on the Dirt Level though. As Babies may poo staining the vest it will Be the Bath Even in the Middle of Day. Normally it was and is before bedtime. As She is Three now She sometimes requests a Bath for enjoying the water play.

0
10 61

every other day unless they smell like puppies then I will throw them in the shower . All of my 3 girls have very dry skin so it works out good for them.....

0
72 9

My hubby and i dd , 21 mth old ever other day and our 2 mth old daughter when in between the days that we dont bathe our toddler. i was told when i wasy our ped. prego with my first to give our baby a bath every other day so their skin isnt dried out. my 1st liked her bath once she was a few weeks old. she didnt like it the 1st few times we took her a bath. my toddler daughter has one every other day. she loves putting food in her hair. it drives me crazy too because i try to put barrets in her hair to keep her hair back when she is eating but shes so independent she just takes them right out.

0
0 14

I GIVE MY TWO (AGES 1 & 4) A BATH EVERY OTHER DAY UNLESS THEY NEED IT IN BETWEEN.THE 4 YR OLD IS MORE LIKELY YO GET ONE EVERY DAY WHEN THE WEATHERS NICE AND HES OUTSIDE MORE.I'VE ALWAYS HEARD TOO THAT THE MORE OFTEN THEY GET ONE THE MORE IT DRIES THEIR SKIN OUT AT A YOUNG AGE.

0