How often do you breastfeed a newborn?

1,738 8

On demand! Whenever baby wants it. :) We didn't schedule, but would just offer to nurse if she didn't initiate within 3 hours.

2
64 0

My son would have DIED if I had put him on a schedule because he needed so much food. In fact, at five weeks, he was having cereal also. And, at 6 or 7 weeks, he had baby jar food mixed with formula. The guidelines about enough poopy or wet diapers do NOT apply because he had enough of them but was not getting enough nutrition. I am sure that this is rare, but I don't know why people choose not to feed a baby when it's hungry. It makes no sense to me.
BY THE WAY, I started out just nursing but it wasn't enough.

1
648 0

Wow, I still can’t believe what I am seeing; Sisters in the house Jessica Mills is my name I live in Texas USA I just want to share with all here how I got my ex back and dancing to my tone. I dated this guy for good 6 years, in the 6th year we had serious issue because he wanted a child from me. I got pregnant twice, but had miscarriage in the two pregnancies so it became a serious problem for me and my man. He started to behave funny but had already performed some legal right on the fifth year but we were not fully married. All the time he tells me he’s going to bring in another woman into the house, so this keeps brothering my mind until he took me to court the first time at the middle of the 6th year we were together. I don’t know how it happened but judgment was giving in his favor. So I was thrown out of the house. I remained single for another 6 months but luckily for me he have not yet bring in another woman to the house. So I keep telling my friends that I want to commit suicide because life was not worth living any more when my love is gone but my friends keeps encouraging me in the 8th month a friend called me and told me to see her in her house, so I went to her and she told me someone introduced a very powerful spell caster to her that this spell caster can cast a love spell and my ex will come back to start begging me to accept him into my life again. At first it sounded strange in my ears but this person is my very good friend so I trusted her to some extent. So I demanded the contact details of this powerful love spell caster and his contact details was given to me as Name: Doctor Uwadia Amenifo, Tell No: +2349052015874, Email: doctoruwadiaamenifo@gmail.com and his Facebook id ‘Uwadia Amenifo’ so at first I called his line, but no one answered the call so I emailed him and behold he replied my message after few hours so I explained to him in his email how I was dumped by my ex boyfriend. But surprisingly he replied my message with a very big ‘LOL’

0
648 0

Wow, I still can’t believe what I am seeing; Sisters in the house Jessica Mills is my name I live in Texas USA I just want to share with all here how I got my ex back and dancing to my tone. I dated this guy for good 6 years, in the 6th year we had serious issue because he wanted a child from me. I got pregnant twice, but had miscarriage in the two pregnancies so it became a serious problem for me and my man. He started to behave funny but had already performed some legal right on the fifth year but we were not fully married. All the time he tells me he’s going to bring in another woman into the house, so this keeps brothering my mind until he took me to court the first time at the middle of the 6th year we were together. I don’t know how it happened but judgment was giving in his favor. So I was thrown out of the house. I remained single for another 6 months but luckily for me he have not yet bring in another woman to the house. So I keep telling my friends that I want to commit suicide because life was not worth living any more when my love is gone but my friends keeps encouraging me in the 8th month a friend called me and told me to see her in her house, so I went to her and she told me someone introduced a very powerful spell caster to her that this spell caster can cast a love spell and my ex will come back to start begging me to accept him into my life again. At first it sounded strange in my ears but this person is my very good friend so I trusted her to some extent. So I demanded the contact details of this powerful love spell caster and his contact details was given to me as Name: Doctor Uwadia Amenifo, Tell No: +2349052015874, Email: doctoruwadiaamenifo@gmail.com and his Facebook id ‘Uwadia Amenifo’ so at first I called his line, but no one answered the call so I emailed him and behold he replied my message after few hours so I explained to him in his email how I was dumped by my ex boyfriend. But surprisingly he replied my message with a very big ‘LOL’ asking me to tell him what I want him to do for me. So I told him I want my man back, and back for good so he demanded for some details about my ex which I gave to him, and he said to me he will cast the love spell in a ring and send it to me, I put the ring on my finger and say to the ring all I want the ring to do for me. So we concluded and necessary arrangement was made after which in less than 5 days I got the ring delivered to me by the courier post agent. So I used the ring as instructed, and believe me in just 4 days I started to use the ring my ex called me over the phone pleading seriously to see me, I told him I don’t want to see him anymore, he keep begging me on the phone he begged for over three days calling me over 10 times a day on the phone, so I finally I agreed to see him, and behold he went on his kneel begging me to please forgive him for all the wrongs he have made to me he was even sharing tears while begging me, so I forgave him, and now as I speak we are back together and are much in love more than ever before he does anything I tell him to do, and I am so much happy and decided to share with you all this good news. So please if you are still out there suffering from heartbreak, or being molested by your man, or looking for the love of your life please in a hurry contact doctor uwadia Amenifo, the powerful love spell caster. His email is : doctoruwadiaamenifo@gmail.com phone number is +2349052015874 facebook id is ‘Uwadia Amenifo’ contact him now and be free from emotional stress. Thank you all for listening.

0 0

in 2 or 3hours

0
3 0

I had twins, but managed to feed them once every 1.5-2 hrs which equaled to about 10 times or more each day. As they grew (around the age of 12 months and older) I also fed them baby food so they only nursed every 4-6 hours

0
6 6

I fed my daughter on demand. When we were in the hospital after the birth the nurses wanted me to do it every 2 hours, but my daughter just had other things in mind. Every time they tried to make me nurse on their schedule she was either sleeping or just didn't want it then. But when she wanted it she got it, and she wasn't fussy either. Demand is the best way to go and eventually they form a schedule once they get the hang of it.

0
37 43

I was told on demand and because I'm in the tropics to offer the breast every 4 hours at least if they haven't had a drink.

0
17 0

Every child is going to be different. I had read on the internet that you want to average about 20 minutes, per side, every 2 hours from when they started the last time. With my first I pretty much scheduled him that way, except for when he took naps (he was a lazy nurser). With my second I decided to let her tell me, and not really schedule anything. Turns out she demanded almost every hour on the hour! I keep track of her feedings on the Baby Timer app in my iPod, which is awesome to keep track of which side was last. You're supposed to do both sides every time, but she doesn't want to except before bed. No biggie; she's 90th percentile for her weight. Rule of thumb: you want at least 10 minutes for your body to make the same amount of milk, and nurse longer to stimulate more production of milk. It takes about a week for your body to make more or less milk to what the demand is, so if you want to encourage more production add a pumping session. After 4 to 6 months you're both pros and breastfeeding becomes a breeze.

0
225 13

my babies all nursed for about 45 mins every hour it seemed, except for the few hours they'd sleep, then they'd wake to nurse some more. When someone says "on demand" that just means all day and all night, at least for the first two months. I recall being a zombie for two months. I fed constantly, then changed diaper after diaper and passed out when the baby slept, which wasn't for very long. Two hours max, only to feed some more. If you can hang in there for the first two weeks, then hang in there for two months the rest of it is EASY!

0
5 7

I agree with the previous posts, on demand.

0
44 43

on demand.

0
2,096 19

Whenever they want/need it. Mine was a snacker... she wanted to nurse for 5-10 minutes every hour. She still nurses every 1-2 hours at 9 months old, but like I said, she's a snacker. She will go 3-4 hours between nursing if we're really busy, or at night. But newborns need the nutrition and the closeness of breastfeeding often.

0
12 46

My newborn wants to nurse every 1 1/2-2 hours. I feed on demand. When she's hungry I feed. She has wanted to eat 45 mins after a previous feeding. She just turned a month old...I've read it gets longer between feedings when they get a little older.

0