How often do your children visit the dentist?

Okay, so maybe we don't always do EXACTLY what the dentist recommends. How often do your children actually visit the dentist?

4 15

Every six months unless other things then cleaning going on....teeth need to last a lifetime

2
76 34

We go twice a year unless he needs additional work.

1
14 23

Every 6 months since she was 2. That's what is recommended (I'm a dental assistant and clinical Program Coordinator for Penn Dental School). It's actually a really good thing we take her because she wound up with a cavity in one of her first molars at her 3 year check-up and she needed to have it filled. I was shocked because she is a fanatic about her teeth! She reminds me that it's time to brush and she flosses like crazy. It just goes to show you that sometimes, no matter how good your oral hygiene is you are more susceptible to cavities. We just need to keep on top of it and hopefully she'll be good next time.

1
1,308 0

Every six months.

0
2 5

My daughter is only one year....ave seen some 2 molars already, i think starting now is a good idea....atleast the first checkup!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0
12 14

Every six months for a cleaning.

0
18 10

We used to go every 6 months. I started both of my kids at 3 yrs old. However, starting in Jan. my dental insurance will only allow 1 cleaning per year. So sad that insurance has to run your life. But we really can't afford any out additional out of pocket expenses.

0
38 0

Our boys will be two at the end of the month and will start going in Jan of 2012.

0
34 20

My daughter is just about 29 months and we haven't taken her yet. We were told she didn't need to go in until she had all her teeth and she still doesn't have any of her 2 year molars. We brush twice a day at home and plan to take her to a ped dentist as soon as she has all her teeth. Both my hubby and I go every 6 months, neither of us has ever had a cavity.

0
9 34

I am the daughter of a retired dentist. So I know how important taking care of your teeth are. I take my girls every 6 months.

0
60 27

Grace got her teeth super early, so we've been every six months since she was 11 months old. Just went yesterday, as a matter of fact (visit #4).

0
8 74

We started to take her at just before her 4 th b-day esp. since I noticed a dark spot on her back molar even though we brush twice a day at home and she brushes at her daycare as well...After the initial cleaning it was found that she did have a small cavity in the area I had been looking at...so it has been filled. We are taking her every 6 months for cleanings now as scheduled. I had thought about doing a Peds Dentist but took her instead to mine and she loves Dr. H...who by the by did her first cleaning and exam so my dtr has trust in her :)

0
1 2

every 6 months. I'm the office manager for a Pediatric Dentist so I see first hand how some parents are unaware of how important routine cleanings and brushings at home are.

0
56 9

Every 6months since they were 1yrs old

0
1 11

Every six months since he was 2 or 3. Brushes twice a day and flosses when he can remember. He's never had a cavity so we must be doing something right :)

0
10 39

I take my kids every 6 months. My youngest has been going since he was a year old. And we brush truce every day. They actually beg me to take them to the dentist.

0
1,107 21

every six months once they are about 5. If your young child (2 or 3) can tolerate it (most can't) you can bring them in for an initial check up, but pretty much dentists just rely on parents of young children to brush regularly and not give in to too many sweets (says my FIL, the dentist).

0
3 20

We are great about brushing at home but he's only been to the dentist once. And he's 6. I know I should have gotten him there earlier but I did just get dental insurance through my work so now I won't have any excuse!

0
28 31

My son is 6 and we are just starting down the dentist road with him. We will go when dentist says we need to. My husband goes every 6 months for cleanings, I go every 3 months for cleanings, and I also go to orthodontist (I just got braces on) every 6 weeks for adjustments. I am learning all about not taking care of teeth as a child and I am going to get my kids going on this road better.
I will also be asking the dentist when to bring our 10 month old...

0