How will you deliver your 2nd child if your 1st child was a C-section?
My daughter was a planned c-sec due to being breech and refusing to turn. I am 6 mo. along with #2 and I'm really hoping for a Vbac. I didn't have a bad experience with my c-section but I really want to go "natural." I want the whole experience of going into labor and being to hold my baby right away.
I had a VBAC 3 years ago and it was the most empowering experience of my life.
After an emergency caesarean with my first child for fetal distress when pushing, I had an amazing homebirth that was healing and beautiful with my second. I trusted my midwife explicitly and it was fantastic. I honestly didn't even think about my previous experience at all during my labor and birth at home. A little less than a month till my due date with my 3rd and planning a homebirth again. Educating yourself and believing in your body is key, as well as a great support team.
I just had my vbac 9 months ago. The first was a section after over 40 hours in labor, augmented by pitocin, then an epidural after a few more hours. This birth was so much better- she came at 41.5 weeks, and two pounds bigger than her big sister! Shocked us all as there is no record of 8 lb babies on either side of the family (she was 8lb 10 oz, I'm the smallest in my family at 4'11"). I labored mostly at home (was to be a homebirth), transferred to the hospital after being at 8cm for two hours, got a light epi (could still move my legs and feel some contractions), slept an hour or two. Come to find out, her head was cocked to the side (hindsight I believe my first's was too), so the doctor adjusted her head as I pushed. Big ole head! Doctor said I might want to rethink a 7 lber as the head came out, lol!
I'm glad I vbac'ed. The risks of another csection are just way too high for me. I'm also glad I waited- an induction is too dangerous for a vbac and my body doesn't respond too well anyway. I'm extremely happy I didn't get pre-e, I was at-risk, but my body cooperated and kept my blood pressure normal all through the 2nd and 3rd trimesters :).
I had an emergency c-section with my daughter. I would LOVE to have a natural birth with my second.
I had a horrible csection with my son and will not go through that again, I AM doing a VBAC this time
My water broke a couple days before my due date with my son, and I was induced a couple hours after that, only to be advised to get a c-section due to failure to progress and a possible diagnosis of CPD. My son was 9 '11, and I have a small frame. After the c-section, the doctor advised me to always have my babies by c-section. My Mom had 11 children, her largest baby was 8 lbs and got stuck resulting in a c-section, but it was also her 9th child. She is also small, and I think I take after her.
When I look back on my experience, knowing what I know now, I would have asked to walk around and squat to open up more, and I would have insisted that I have more time to go into labour naturally, as I was induced only 2 hours after my water broke. I still feel dissatisfied about the whole experience and wish that I had the knowledge to advocate for myself, so that I would know that I had tried as much as I could. My son is now 20 months, and we are planning for another one soon. I will definately plan for a VBAC unless I am told that it would be riskier than a c-section.
I DECIDED THT I WANTED TO HAVE A VAGINAL BIRTH FOR MY SECOND SON. SO HOPEFULLY THINGS WILL GO SMOOTHLY WITH THT!
I'm pregnant with #2, and I'd love to have a VBAC. But my first child was born via emergency c-section and they had to cut me vertically. I'm in the process of obtaining my surgical records to find out if they cut the uterus vertically too or just the outer skin. If my uterus was cut horizontally, then I definitely hope for a VBAC. That'd be excellent.
Because my first daughter became stuck, and ended up with an emergency C-section under general anesthesia, we agreed on an elected c -section with my son. It was also not "hospital policy" for VBAC's, but it was my choice before I even knew that.
However, I ended up with complications with my son and as a result he came a month early. Because he was so early, my OB gave me the option of trying for a VBAC. I will be honest and say that I totally chickened out!! LOL. My labor stalled with my daughter because of the epidural, which I speculate, although dont know for sure, set her complications into motion. I'd never even thought about having natural childbirth, so it was a big decision to make in a short amount of time. In the end I opted for the c-section. However there was already an emergency in the OR so I had to wait, and almost ended up having a VBAC anyway.
The C-sec with my son was amazing!! I had a spinal and was awake the whole time. I even got to hold him after they checked him over! When I was in recovery they brought him in to me and I got to do skin to skin, even though I couldn't sit up to nurse yet. It was all amazing! I recovered must quicker then my previous c-section also!
I totally made the right choice as well, turns out my son ( 4 weeks early ) had a bigger head then my 2 week late daughter! So Im glad we didn't try for a VBAC after all. :)
With my first child they found out that I could not have him naturally. My pelvic bone opening is to narrow and my son was large anyways ( 10 pounds and 37 weeks). So for this one the doctors decided not to take any chances and to just do a c section. I would love to be able to have a natural birth but apparently it will never be in the cards for me.
c-section on january 5th!
I had a scheduled c-section with my first pregnancy (breech twins) and planned a VBAC with my second set. My doctor was 100% supportive of my having a VBAC, even though I was carrying twins. Labor started with my water breaking at 11 pm at night. Both twins were head down at the start of labor. After 18 hours of grueling labor, the doctors determined that the first twin out was now breech. With the amniotic sac broken, and his cord daggling between his feet, there was no choice but to have another c-section, so I had another c-section. Best laid plans!
My first was a planned c-section and my next will most certainly be as well. already discussed it with my OB. He said my first pregnancy and birth went so smoothly he would be happy and proud to be a part of the next one as well.
I had my first through emergency c-section, and was hoping for a VBAC with the 2nd. The same thing happened (stuck in birth canal), and also another csection. I would always 'try' to have it naturally, but don't expect too.
I found out that my first daughter was footling breech three days before she ended up making her appearance. We had a scheduled C-section for 12/28/09 and I went into labor a day early. I ended up having an emergency C-section that day. I'm currently eight months along with our second little girl and I have every intention of having a VBAC. The practice where I'm getting my care is wonderful! They're very supportive of me having a VBAC and we're going to give it a go as long as this baby is turned properly and there aren't any medical issues that pop up!
After having an emergence CS at 33 weeks with my first I decided i'd book an elective CS for my second. My daughter had other ideas and arrived by VBAC 5 days before the scheduled CS :)
my first baby was born via c-section due to unexpected complications. i delivered my next 2 via vaginal birth with epidural. i had great experiences
yes yes yes It is called a VBAC
i had my child through cs but when I when I be came pg again, most doctors were recommending cs througtout (the saying goes once a mark always a mark) I had to shop for a doc and otherways till I found one who confirmed to me that I can deliver normal so long as the child weighs below 3.5Kg. I did as I was told and when the dday came I delivered normally.
I had an emergancy c-section with my daughter. It took a lot of thought to make my decision with my current pregnancy. I really wanted a VBAC, and still do. But I'd have to switch doctors as my doctor's practice doesn't do VBAC unless you already had a successful vaginal birth. With switching doctors I'd most likely have to switch hospitals. The one that my doctor is associated has the highest rating when it comes to c-sections in the state (meaning they have the least complications and the best doctors performing the operation).
I had a full blown panic attack on the OR table with my daughter (mild convulsions and hyper ventilating). To the point that I was knocked out completely. So with this one, I had to decide. If the worse was to happen (meaning another emergancy c-section), did I really want to be with another doctor in another hospital where they have no real idea what happened last time? I decided that was worse than a repeat c-section, even if I end up needing to be put out again. I almost lost my daugther, I really don't want to take that chance with my son.
My 1st born daughter was an emergency c-section due to a car accident i had at 26wks pregnant :-( my 2nd born daughter i had another c-section which was my choice as i've heard alot of stories about ppl bleading out wif a natural birth with there 2nd coz there scar ruptured n docs dnt know till u bleed out n also u could hemerage (sorry about spelling) so seein as i've had 2 c-sections, all da rest of my kids will b via c-section. I was awake for both my c-sections. i will neva ever go completely under for da births of my children.
MY first with my son was an emergency C-section due to an placenta errupting. with this pregnancy i have a low lying placenta so I planned to have a c- section with this one also to me it just seems easier. yea you have to be in the hospital longer and theres a lot more you cannot do but to be honest im afraid to do a vaginal brith and everything i heard about it i dont even wanna try! if anyone has anything positive about having a normal birth please let me know!
After 40 hours of pure back labor and epidurals that didn't work.. i went into an emergency c-section with my son where they had to put me under general anesthetic. I finally woke up a few hours after my son was born. I will never go through the pain of an induction ever again. I will have the c-section from the beginning!
I will be delivering my 2nd as a C-Section. My first was an emergency C-Section after 16 hours of labor. The risk to me and my baby by going through labor again made having a scheduled C-Section an easy choice.
c section i was emergency c section with maisie x
I will be delivering my child via c-section again. My first was an emergency c-section so i had no choice. But this time i chose to because to me it was easier and i know round about when im gonna deliver
I wanted to have a VBAC with my 2nd child. And i was in the process but unfortunately 6 hours in while the doctor was placing a fetal monitor on her head i started to hemorrhage and had to be rushed for yet another c-section and i was put completely under so i wasnt able to hear her first cry or even see her till 8 hours later....