Mom to Mom, what would you like to ask the First Lady about being a mom in the White House?

How do you keep your daughters grounded while living in the White House? Are you and the President able to have date nights? What did you get this year for Mother's Day? Michelle Obama is answering questions from Circle of Moms and POPSUGAR members this week. What would you like to ask her?

6 12

I would ask her why as a mother of a little girl it is so hard to get assistance with health care when you are being honest. It's seems there are so many people out there abusing the system and getting all kinds of assistance but when I am honest and give all the correct info I get denied or have to pay, WTF!!??

8
0 10

As a mother of four, two boys and two girls, I'm bothered by the new standards that are regulated by the Federal Gov't and were suggested by you in reference to our children's lunches in school. To be honest, all four of my children eat differently and I find it hard to think I could make a decision based on the way my own children eat. As a mother of two girls, how do you come up with a decision on what boys can eat and how much? Not that its a surprise but I have been packing my children's lunch this year b/c they are not getting enough food to eat. My 16 year old son is starving when he gets home at 6 p.m. after practice where my 12 year old daughter is needing a snack to tide her over til supper. On a completely different note, my mother is a retired manager of a school cafeteria, and hated to see a snow day come by b/c she knew there would be children who would not eat again until school was back in. Why can't we just cook meals like they used to when I was in school (way back when LOL!!)?????

8
4 30

This is what I and a whole bunch of mother's in my area would ask.

5 0

WOW! I am amazed at the negativity that so many women are expressing here. She has not mandated behavior for raising your children, nor has she mandated any other issue. She has made suggestions. This is still a free country. I lived in Poland in the 70's as a child, people's lives were very restricted. I remember waiting in bread lines with family friends. I also had the opportunity to travel to countries with less than we have here, my father worked at American schools overseas. WE have so much in this country and we do not know how to pay attention to the important things in life. Instead we want to quibble about absurd things. Can we make sure that all children in this country get the nutrition, safe lives and support that they need? Do we take care of those who struggle to just move from hour to hour?
As a mom, I would ask Michelle how she does balance out the craziness of being in the spotlight in a country that focuses on trivialities with creating a strong sense of self for her girls. How is she helping them to develop into strong, smart, and sensible girls?

6
0 20

Liz, you must not be paying attention to what is happening to our freedoms in this country, since you have no clue about the HUGE problems with the incredible spending that is weakening the greatest country in the world, I guess the saying Ignorance is bliss applies to the sheep out there stilll singing Obama's praises.

0 14

I guess you can only have opinions if you think Michele is awesomely awesome and Obama walks on water and if you agree with the people on this page. Many of us who did not get mean who had other opinions were deleted. So much for freedom of speech....yep its only if you agree are you free to speak. Well thanks but no thanks...this isnt kindergarten

4
0 0

YES JENNIFER. IF YOU HAVE CONSERVATIVE OPINIONS, DO NOT BOTHER WITH THIS SITE. THEY ONLY POST LIBERAL THOUGHT. MANY OF US HAVE BEEN DELETED AND WE WERE VERY NICE AND REASONABLE. SHAME ON YOU FOR NOT REPRESENTING ALL MOMS AND KIDS.

0 0

how did you decide whether a public or private school would be best for your daughters?

4
0 14

I'm going to take a wild guess and say because they have money and public schools suck...

2 0

OMG,firstly l would like to applaud her for doing her best,thank you....and to some of the mom/dad's on this forum,lm very worried about your anger. How can you lash out like that,is that the example u are setting for your children,l just think there is a beta way of doing things....just saying

3
5 0

Mara, I am surprised at the anger too. see my post above. I don not understand the anger. I can only assume some of it comes from the fear that has been whipped up by many of the media absurdities. So many lies out there. I do not see a country being taken over by muslims, nor do I see a woman in the white house telling us to raise our children a certain way.

0 0

NOT ONE BLESSED THING !!! ...Why In THE World would I ask a woman like Michelle Obama advise on ANYTHING??? She's a Racist! She has NO Class what-so-ever! Her and her Cocaine Snorting husband are spending this country into Oblivion! They are BOTH Radical Islamic Sympathizers! Christian Prayer in America is Not Okay anymore BUT Muslims can pray to Allah and we're suppose to wither away and shut up about it?!! Romney gave 4 Million dollars to Charity last year but Obama Hussein is taxing us to death and spending money we don't have. Clinton sold out America to China therefore making the economy weak but who got the blame? Bush did! Conservatives give more to charity than Liberals, that's a KNOWN FACT! Democrats are the Founders of the KKK, Black Panthers, ACORN, ACLU etc. Not to mention all the so called news medias that are sooo left wing leaning and gladly helping Obama do his dirty work. Did you know that Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican? But Libs wants to claim him to the Democrat party and it is NOT True! For Crying out Loud... It was Republicans that freed the slaves but we are called Racist because that's all a Marxist Lib has... is to holler Racist because they in FACT DO NOT KNOW TRUE AMERICAN HISTORY! There is NO Logic in wanting to change This Nation, Under GOD into a Socialist, Communist, Marxist Nation run by Big Government! WHY IS THAT Okay WITH ANYONE???!!!??? ....America gives the people that Hate us and Want us Dead, ...Millions of Dollars... but it's okay for them to burn our American Flag and Murder. Obama, from HIS OWN BOOK "Audacity Of Hope" said, "I Will Stand With The Muslims Should The Political Winds Shift In An Ugly Direction" ...and this is okay with you liberals. I'd be ashamed to be a liberal supporting or voting for that garbage! Have people lost their minds or what??? TAKE NOTE: America Is NOT One Nation Under 6% Atheist, either! Atheism: The belief that there was nothing, and nothing happened to nothing, and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything, and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits, which then turn into dinosaurs... Yeah, Makes Perfect Sense! ...NOT!!! ...And ISLAM, the so-called... Religion of Peace... Killed 80 Million Hindus... Killed 10 Million Buddhists.... Killed 60 Million Christians... Killed 270 Million Jews.... Huh! ??? ......THIS Is What Liberal Progressives Are Defending ???? !!! UNBELIEVABLE !!!! ..Michelle and Barack Barry Hussein Soetoro Obama bow down and apologies for America when America gives there country Millions on top of Millions of OUR Money and the KILL US and Burn Our Flag For It ???!!! ....Neh... I don't think I have one blessed thing I'd want to ask Michelle Hussein except WHY don't you and your husband go Hitler Up another country and leave ours alone?

2
0 0

I am SOOOOOO with you Lipstick Conservative. Michelle and Obama have got to go, if we want to keep any of our democracy. If you mothers out there want the best for your children, make sure you vote OUT Obama or your children will suffer much. Please educate yourselves quickly. Obama is a dangerous man and Michelle is an accomplice. Please be warned and wake up before its too late. Take this serious, from one mother to another.

0 0

Why have all of my comments been deleted. They were on subject and cordial. Do you have an agenda?

2
0 14

same here Cathy. my posts and comments are gone...I guess we know what freedom of speech is...non existant

0 9

You have used your "mom powers" to create a sustainable environment "at home" for your daughters..ie garden and emphasis on local products in cooking, recycled and handmade decorations at the White House at Christmas time, etc..What would you advice moms to do to start the ball rolling at our homes, that helps set an example for our children on how we should all be better stewards for our planet?

http://climatemama.com/blog/200

1
0 0

First of all Michelle, take your husband and remove yourselves from the White House, That would help the planet 100% and America 1000%. Sorry, your husband is ruining this nation and we don't like it one bit.

235 30

What do you do when you and Barack don't agree on issues of your family or issues facing the country today? Also why are you so worried about what children in this country are eating, but don't seem to be concerned at all about your husband's smoking habit and the bad example it sets for your girls and everyone in this country, especially the children? There are still a lot more people dying from the effects of smoking than there are from poor eating habits. Why wouldn't you be trying to get rid of cigarettes or at least make it harder for children to get them? Or would that make you a hypocrite because the tobacco industry contributes heavily to your husband's campaign? I don't have anything against you personally. You seem to be a nice person, but I just don't feel you understand what's facing the women in this country today and I don't feel like you care to do anything about it.

1
0 0

I'm sorry about any typos I make in my post. I type so fast and do not proof read before posting as I should. I hope everyone can please over look them. I really do speak better than that. lol

0 0

I would ask how she reacts when her children come home from school hungry from the lack of lunch they received that day. . . . oh, no sorry - she wouldn't know anything about that. That is MY problem as a mother.
I would ask her how she deals with paying the grocery bill when every week it seems the price is higher than last. . . . oh, no sorry - that again is MY problem as a mother.
I would ask her how tough it is to find the money to dress with so much fashion. . . . oh, no sorry - again that is MY problem, shopping at the goodwill for my clothes so my kids can have new school clothes.
I would actually ask Michelle if she knows what is like to actually be a mother, to have to sacrafice anything for the betterment & well being of her children!!!!

1
0 0

My question for Michelle...Do you need some help packing?

0 5

How do you keep Barack's affection? He seem to have eyes locked on you. You looked lovely as a couple and family. How do you maintain and balance political and private life?

0
0 9

By taking lots of spendy vacations!