As a mom, what would you like to ask the First Lady?

Michelle Obama is answering questions from Circle of Moms members next week – share your question below to be considered.

0 6

Do you really believe that redistribution of Americans hard earned money will help the underpriviledged? What about good old fashioned hard work? All redistribution does is create a dependency state that people learn to rely on. Let people keep more of their money and distribute it as they see fit; not how the government tells them to!

5
1 0

You must be one of the wealthy to not see that familes are struggling beyond comparison to the "good ole days". Believe me, 90% of people who can work, would like to work. And if they could work doing something they love to do, they would. But most people have been out of work so long, they take anything just to put food on the table. Your term of "underprivileged" is cliche, and old. Kids who are underpriviledged today, were in middle income families 5 years ago.

31 1

I don't have any questions that I would like to ask the First Lady. I don't want to be disrespectful, but I don't really think that Michelle Obama can relate to me and my life. She spends more per each vacation than what I make in a year.

3
1 0

Hello, she can relate.

9 0

Why is my comment on abortion up to 9th month of pregnancy and killing babies after botched abortions - not on here anymore?

2
1 0

Mine was removed as well

0 0

Being a supporter of healthy and even organic eating, does the unregulated and widespread use of GMOs cause any concern for you?

1
0 17

My 2 girls, who are 13 and 8, are coming home from school saying that the portion size they are getting in their hot lunches are about half of what they used to get. I understand wanting to get childhood obesity under control. My girls are very healthy and not at all over weight. We are very healthy people. Here's what I want to know. Why is it then that the lunches are about half of what they used to be, but my daughters lunches have gone up $.20 per day. Is that fair? I don't feel it is. I also feel it's not fair that the children that aren't overweight are getting "punished" for the other children that are overweight. It's to the point, my girls are wanting to bring their own lunches from home. Can you tell me why this is? Thanks so much.

1
6 7

Yes indeed! My kids are also very healthy and are now asking to take a lunch instead of buying. The price went up 30 cents a lunch and it's awful. Kids aren't over weight because of one meal at school. Being over weight starts at home. Please tell me why these horrible under portioned meals went up.

0 20

is there anyway she can help to keep programs for our youth open for low income family , like the police athlete league, and health food programs for low income

1
0 0

What if one of your girls got rape and got pregnancy by the rapest would you let get a abortion or let them have the baby?

0
0 7

As a mother of 4 Very active little boys, I try my hardest to provide them with healthy options for snacks and meals. Unfortunately, I have been yet another victim of this struggling economy, and have suffered financially from a layoff. Do you see a way to incorporate your ideas for healthy eating into the Food Stamp Program? At this point, my husband makes 15$ a month too much to qualify our family for food stamps, and I end up having to buy a lot of things at the grocery store that are cheap and filling such as pasta. I feel strongly that the income limits should be raised on this program, especially with the cost of produce and organic meats. I am faced with the option on a daily basis to either spend 40$ on ONE healthy meal or make that 40$ stretch for 3 meals. I used to rely on school breakfast and lunch to make sure that they had something hot and healthy to eat, but the portions are never enough, and my children almost always come home hungry. I know that I am not the only mom out there that struggles with this, as the "working poor" are a very large percentage of this country. What, as a mom, would you do in this situation? I doubt that a lot of "middle class" moms could take care of thier families on 27k a year, but I do it every day....

0
1 0

What is a recourse that a parent has, when they see their child is not getting the education they should have? And why aren't the schools using technology that's available in the U.S. now, like using online instruction for some of the courses?

0
0 0

As a working mother, how do you make time to capture your words of wisdom/advice for your kids - do you make scapbooks, journals or just tell them as often as possible as the situations arise (even when it's after the fact if you were not home when the problem arose)?

0