My Favorite Family Activity

0 0

My favorite family activity is our weekly Saturday morning trip to the Farmer's Market where we pick up our CSA share and see what produce is "new" that week. My husband usually wears our son in the sling, leaving me free to chat with the farmers, our friends, and to buy more pastries than I probably should.

0
0 0

We love to go swimming (we joke that Thad is the next Michael Phelps), visit the Henry Doorly Zoo, and relax at home together.

0
0 0

Camping. It is time where household tasks and work cannot exist. Just us. Just memories.

0
2 0

I love to cook and garden with my family. Sharing my love healthy food and learning the process of growing your own food is just invaluable to children. Hopefully it is something that they will carry with them for life.

0
0 0

My favorite activity would definitely be Friday Night Movie Night! After a long week we get a movie from our local library, pop some popcorn in the popcorn maker, and curl up on the couch with the kids. Best night of the week!

0
0 0

We love doing so many things: going to the movies, playing games at home, BBQing, going to the beach or bowling, etc. It doesn't matter what activity we are doing, just as long as we are all together that makes it our favorite activity.

0
0 0

My children are homeschooled so I like to take them to the movies on a day when all the other kids are in school. It's my way of saying to my younglings "Thanks for putting up with me. Now let's have fun and throw some popcorn at each other." We usually get the whole theater to ourselves. We can talk and laugh as loud as we want.

0
0 0

With the addition of my second son about 10 months ago, family activities have definitely gotten a bit more hectic! But nothing beats a merry-go-round. When the kids are bored and the afternoon gets long, we love to go to a local old-fashioned carousel. It is fun for all ages, and all of my boys (husband included) get a kick out of going up and down and waving at the people in line over... and over... and over... again. If we're feeling really ambitious, we'll pack a picnic lunch and make an afternoon of it. But we always wait to eat lunch until after our carousel rides. I'll spare you the details, but I learned that one the hard way.

0
3 32

The simplest things seem to be the most fun for us. Getting the boys outside to run around and explore — whether at the park or the zoo, or in our own backyard — it's so fun to watch them interact and play, and be boys together. It also doesn't hurt that it burns off some of that rambunctious energy!

0
0 0

We are a family that loves to travel. Exploring new terrain, even in our hometown, is always a joy for each of us, including our little Emma — the subject of the Apple Cheeks McGillicutty blog. A close second to that, though, is cooking a healthy meal for us to share together. We love good food and love watching our little one explore new flavors and cultures through her culinary experiences.

0
0 0

As a family we love to go boating, golfing and going on walks around the lake in front of our house! Honestly, anytime we are together is great! We love spending time together!

0
0 0

Holding Hunter every chance I had and playing with him. We loved bath time, it was "Hunter and Mommy time." These are things we will never be able to do until we are with him again in heaven, since Hunter passed away on July 6, 2011 in my arms.

0
0 0

We love making memories! My favorites are the spontaneous fun that we have stopping at Bucees (the most AMAZING convenient store you've EVER seen) on the way to Houston, how cute my boys are in the bathtub or the movie picnic we have in the middle of our living room floor. I really try to soak in the little moments where we're all having fun together!

0
0 0

That’s a tough question! We are always out trying to find something new and exciting to do. Whether it’s trying out a new restaurant (okay, so food HAS to be part of every family venture of course!), park, museum, zoo, wherever, we are just always on the go to find the next adventure. So, I guess my answer is just getting out of the house and having fun! We are memory makers! I’m hoping our kids have lots of warm memories of family fun together. I actually just started a brand new site dedicated to just that: family fun. It's www.myskoop.com. I review local Dallas area restaurants, parks, attractions, all things fun, from a mom’s perspective. I will also be using guest contributors from cities all around the country very soon. Its going to be an amazing resource for family fun ideas for moms everywhere!

0
0 0

This is toughy question- we love to do all sorts of things, you know the regular things you all do. Play outdoors, swim, find the incessantly good deals at the thrift store, then using the money we save to buy ice cream, be entertained by concerts and eat ice cream- (oh. already said that)

0
0 0

Any activity where I can spend time with my family is a special time for us. We love to go for evening walks together. We all love getting outside and walking around our beautiful neighborhood. My husband and I admire other people's landscapes and dream of what we could do if we ever had the chance. What I love most about our evening walks is creating wonderful memories of our loving home and enjoying the neighborhood where I will watch my children grow up.

0
0 0

My favorite family activity is Friday night movie and pizza. We make yummy homemade pizzas, pick out a movie we've never seen or seen a thousand times, spread out blankets, and enjoy! We started doing this when my kids were little, but they still really enjoy it. Now I just have to make more pizzas! As they've gotten older and activities have increased, our pizza/movie nights have become less consistent which, fortunately, has increased the pleasure in our night together. We are learning to never take time together for granted!

0
0 0

0
0 0

Our outings are usually not without stress (five kids under age seven), so probably our favorite thing to do is pizza night cuddled up watching a favorite movie — Cheaper by the Dozen or Nacho Libre. I really just enjoy making memories with my husband and kids, and going someplace extravagant and expensive is not what is important to us. A night at home will do just fine.

0