Is it normal for a 15 month old to have only 8 teeth?

Kids teeth at different times and different rates. Are there other moms whose kids only had about 8 teeth when they were 15 months old?

532 22

totally normal. my son is 15 months as well and only has 8 teeth too.

1
2 9

My sister in law who works for a dental office says not to worry, the longer they take to come in the healthier they will be (the teeth).

1
10 0

Add a commentas Doris implied I am taken by surprise that a person able to profit $7319 in 1 month on the computer. did you read this page >>> http://click2go.notlong.com/

4 0

my son had 6 teeth when he turned 1 and now he is 15 months of age and has 5 more teeth and all of them growing at same time. Every child is different i think

0
0 0

I have g/b twins that are 18 months old. My girl has 16 teeth and my boy has 8 teeth.

0
0 0

My son Ayden had 10 teeth before he was 1 years old. I do think it is normal because all children are different. my son is now 17 months old and he has 16 teeth. :) Hope that helps

0
20 0

My daughter didn't have any teeth at all when she was 12 months old, so yes it's normal. My baby girl will be 7 this year and has developed all her teeth and they are all very healthy as well :-)

0
0 5

I was told by the dentist the longer it takes for the teeth to come in the better but if all the teeth are not in by the time the child is 2 years old then they most likely will never come in and they will need false teeth when they are older because if the primary teeth do not come in then the adult teeth will not come in

0
269 28

All kids are different.

My niece is 18 months old and has 14 teeth

0
46 50

My son is 16 months old and has 4 teeth on top and 2 on the bottom! You're ahead of us!! ;-)

0
1 29

My son is 18months and he only has about 8-10 teeth....kids develop so differently....I don't think you have anything to worry about!

0
2 8

You are very lucky.My son is 14 months and has one tooth

0
0 0

My daughter is 16 months old and she also only has 8 teeth. It looks like she's teething again but I have also been wondering when the next teeth will cut through.

0
135 46

My oldest had only 4 teeth till she was 18 months and got the rest all at once. My second is 14 months and has only 6 teeth. All depends on the child.

0
18 10

my son is 14 mos with 7 teeth, he got them all in one week and now hasn't cut any new ones in 6 months!

0
41 73

my son had only 8 teeth till he was 18 months old. he is now 19 months old and has 12. I wouldn't worry about it untill he is over 2 and then I would say something aobut it to the doctor.

0
35 32

Totally normal!!!! My son is 16months old and only has 6 teeth, i've always been told the long they take to come through the better they will be.....

0
4 13

My daughter didn't get her first tooth until right around a year and only had a couple around that age. i think around 18 months she had 5 come in at once so you may have that fun in your future :)

0
1 9

my son didn't get his first tooth until he was 19months old. now that is is 2 1/2 years old and he finally got his last baby tooth last month (it was a doozy too).

0
10 23

My son didn't get any teeth until he was almost 17 months old. then he got several at once.

0
101 48

My baby's 19 months old and has 6 teeth on top (4 in front and 2 molars) but only 2 on the bottom. I'm hoping she gets some bottom molars soon so she can chew up her food better! But her pediatric dentist said it was all fine.

0
31 40

Yes, this is normal! My niece is 17 months old & only has TWO teeth

0
4 9

YES

0
82 10

At 18 months my second son had no teeth. I took him to see a pediatric dentist and they said it was fine that we was just delayed in teething. He didn't get his first tooth until 2w months and he reached 8 at about 27 months. He is now 3yrs 10mths and still only has 8 teeth. He saw the dentist again a month ago and they said it was fine. They said that he would likely loose his baby teeth later too and that was good for the adult teeth because he would be less likely to get cavities the older he is due to better brushing habits.

0
1 20

My little one is 17 months and she has had her two teeth for almost three months now. Nothing else, just two teeth on the bottom. And I dont see any signs of other teeth coming through. A little unusual, but I am not worried about it at all.

0
1 14

At 15 months one of my twins only had 6 teeth, the other one had 10 which shows how different children can be. Also one of them got his fangs through before his top teeth, they were the only ones he had and he looked like a vampire!

0
73 65

Well my 18 month old still only has 5! I never thought it was a problem really! They'll come through when they're ready to

0
0 0

My son who is 14 months has 4 top and 4 bottom.... My 2 1/2 yr old has about 12 or more...so all babies are differnt and hit milestones and developments at different times... The 'norm' you read about is more just typically a 'guideline' i wldnt worry :)

0
0 0

I have a good friend who's daughter didn't get a single tooth until after her 2nd birthday and now she has almost her whole mouth full. I think my daughter still only had about 8-10 teeth around 15 months. It's completely normal.

0
0 20

My 14 month old has only 6 teeth. Maybe she'll get another two before she's 15 month old.
I suppose they all get their teeth at different times..

0
7 38

My daughter now 16 months has 14 teeth, and two more coming through! Every child teethes differently, I wouldn't worry at all.

0
2 0

My guy only had 8 at around 14mos...around 15mos is when he got that dreaded first molar! Maybe count you and your baby lucky?

0
3 13

My 16 1/2 mo old daughter has not had her first teeth yet. We are getting an x-ray done on her teeth and having genetic/metabolic tests done for other issues so the doctor thinks my DD's problem may be related to that. The doctor said that 14 months was her longest stretch without any teeth and that was normal so 8 at 15 months shouldn't be abnormal. Hope this helps!

0