Is it normal for my baby to often sleep with his eyes open?

Has any other mom experienced having their baby sleep with their eyes partially open? Is this a concern?

2 12

My son is 8 months and he's been sleeping with his eyes partially open since he was born. Doc said it's fine. I say he's just nosey like his grandmother. Think he's gonna miss something. LOL

4
9 0

my classmate's ex-wife makes $89 an hour on the computer. She has been laid off for 7 months but last month her payment was $19836 just working on the computer for a few hours. more……WWW.Rush64.ℂℴm

3 16

I have 4 children and all of my boys sleep with there eyes open the only one that doesn't is my daughter my Dr said they will grow out of it but my husband is 35 and still sleeps with his eyes open

1
235 30

That would creep me out if my husband did that:)

5 13

My twins sleep this way and so does their dad. It is fine.

1
0 7

Both my daughters do it (1 & 4) and so do I still so I'm told. My older brother does too. Wasn't an issue and even able to wear contacts without dry eyes being a bother.

1
0 2

My daughter (11 months) sleeps with her eyes opem sometimes...I just close them for her.

1
6 3

My 17 month old does this when he first falls asleep . Then they will close when he fully falls into a deep sleep =) Doc said its ok everytime i bring it up =)

1
3 74

My niece sleeps with hers partially open a lot of the time. If I gently touch her eyelashes, she closes her eyes but I quit bothering.

1
2 4

I didn't know that it meant they were dreaming...but my grandson still sleeps with his eyes open, we just got used to it.

1
5 20

yes it just means they are dreaming

1
26 4

Yea it's totally fine my all three of my boys sleep with their eyes all the way open sometimes :) and I do to I have been told you can kinda tell what the boys are dreaming about bye how they are moving their eyes :) !!! Kinda cool in some ways :)

0
137 96

I have always slept with my eyes open.. My parents would think I was awake watching tv but I was sound asleep.. Ironically my hubby does too and sometimes our sons do too! It has never caused a problem for me so I think it's okay.

0
1 13

yeah....so true. I noticed the other day, I thought she was awake so I was just about to pick her, then I realized she's actually asleep!

0
235 30

I just think it's because babies don't go into a deep sleep. They are easily roused.

0
1 3

my 3 year old sleeps with her eyes partially open but i dont think anything of it because i do the same.

0
19 28

Two of my sons sleep w/ their eyes open. Other than being slightly creepy (LOL!), it hasn't caused any problems. Matter of fact, they're the best sleepers out of all 4 of my kids :)

0
195 53

Everyone does it in the middle of a dream state, not just babies hun. It's perfectly normal responce and just part of our dream state. DON'T PANIC!

0
4 14

NAT OUT OF THE FOUR OF MINE 2 SLEPT WITH THEIR EYES PARTLY OPENED ALEX WAS THE WORST CAUSE HIS EYES USED TO ROLL BACK SO ALL YOU COULD SEE WAS THE WHITES AND HE HAS 2 OF HIS FOUR GIRLS DO THE SAME DONT KNOW IF THIS IS NORMAL BUT TO US ITS NOT UNUSUAL

0
5 9

Both of my kids sleep with their eyes open... So does my husband so I think its normal. My mother in law said he has done it since he was born too...

0
4 20

My husband, both my sons, and now my grand daughter all sleep with their eyes partially open. The deeper the sleep, the more open their eyes. Funny thing is my grand daughters' eyes follow you if you move in front of her, but she is fast asleep.

0
1 82

Both of my children (9months and 3yrs) do and so does my 33yr old hubby!!

0
52 17

Perfectly normal and its just fine. Its a little disturbing to look at but there is nothing wrong with it. My dad slept with his eyes open. Could be genetic since one of my brothers, and both my boys sleep with their eyes partially open, lol.

0
4 133

my son sleeps with his eyes open but so do i. :)

0
9 0

Mine both did it. used to freak.me.out. But then I spoke to the doc about it and he said it is completely normal.

0
1 8

My fiancé (23) and our two boys (3 years and 9 months) all do it! it'll really scar u when they are totally passed out and start talking when u look at them u see their eyes moving and they are talkin but so still asleep lol hopefully it fades but again my ol mans 23 lol definatley hereditary though good luck!!!! lol

0
0 26

sleeping with eyes parcially open runs in our family. my neice does it and she is 9 now. my son sleeps with one eye open, and he is 4 now. and my 1 year old sleeps with her eyes open too. lol

0
22 0

My 3 year old still has her eyes a little bit open when she sleeps. I don't like it but it doesn't seem to bother her. Hopefully it's fine and doesn't mean anything bad. :)

0
1 8

My daughter does it and shes 2. Shes done it since she was born. My husband, her father does it too. Whats really freaky is when he starts talking in his sleep. Then its hard to tell if hes awake or not! It might be hereditary

0
0 0

I have 2 grandaughters ages 11 & 7. They both sleep with their eyes partially open. I was freaked when I first saw it. But their doctor said that it is not a major concern.

0
13 3

My 17 yr old sister has done it since the day she was born... and still does it.... u just get used to it...

1,372 31

My kids dont do it, but my brothers exgirlfriends kids did it when I was little.(19 yrs between my brother and I) Besides being kinda freaky, I've heard of other kids doing it to, so I wouldnt be to concerned.

0
0 66

I don't remember my own children doing it, but my grandson did. First time I saw it, he scared the mess out of me. He is a healthy 9 year old now, so must not be anything to it. : )

0
3 3

My youngest son (#4 out of 5) slept like this. I would have thought it was weird but my grandmother did the same thing so I didn't worry about it.

0
26 24

I was happy to see this! I told someone about it when my second was a newborn, and they didn't exactly think I was nuts, but, well, I thought I was a bit nuts, perhaps! She did this often for awhile, and occasionally I'll look in our video monitor, and notice it still is happening once in awhile at 7 months. So based on our experience and the other responses, sounds pretty normal! ;) good luck!

0
210 12

lol i did this all the time as a baby. the only thing i would keep mine all they way open and scare that crap out of my mom. my son did not do it but my daughter does it. it is normal and they will grow out of it. it may be scary at first but nothing to worry about. i think it is funny when my daughter does it cause it creeps my husband out.

0
0 0

My brother, now 30, did sleep with his partially open. Other than some mild teasing by siblings (what are big sisters for), the only problem is that it causes dry eyes and he can't wear contacts.