Safe tips to encourage labor

You're past your due date, but baby just seems to want to hang out in your tummy! For those not inducing, what are some safe methods you've heard of to encourage your baby to start heading into the world?

4 7

Honestly, I tried EVERYTHING under the sun to get my little one out and I after a week past my due date I was induced. So I can tell you, just try your hardest to be patient because its only going to happen when it's supposed to and there's really not much we can do about it. Lol

1
9 10

Trust and respect the natural process. Be patient. Baby will trigger labor when baby is ready. Natural methods or not, meddling is still meddling. Birth does not like to be told what to do, and as soon as you try, you're inviting problems. Be patient, momma. Baby will be here soon. :) ♥

1
9 10

My water broke and after a certain amount of time my midwife had me use castor oil. It was absolutely horrendous. I would never do that again. It was like having food poisoning with contractions. Completely miserable. It doesn't affect everyone that way, but if you don't know how it will affect you then, well, you don't know! I would say not worth the risk. And if I had my first birth to do over again I would not have intervened the way we did - broken water or not. My body wasn't ready for the labor we were forcing upon it. I went from a home birth to a c-section. Don't mess with birth, let it do it's thing.

216 45

rasberry leaf tea, castor oil, evening primrose oil, lavendar baths. brisk walking, sex, breast stimulation, accupuncture.im sure theres more :)

1
0 17

I used castor oil one spoon full 6 hr 28 min later Bobby J was here

0
0 25

I had a pedicure done and went into labor about 12 hours later!

0
25 16

Dont bother!! I sat on an exercise ball instead of a seat, drank raspberry leaf tea, walked up & down the stairs heaps, ate curry & whole pineapples, drank castor oil with fresh orange, had sex, walked miles, coaxed/threatened/bribed/stopped speaking to my bump, 3 stretch & sweeps..everything lol! But i finally caved & got induced at 2weeks overdue & after a 56hr labour battle had my gorgeous boy :) they most definately will only come when they're ready! I wish id just tried to enjoy the last bit of my pregnancy more instead :)

0
2 0

I was a week and a few days over due. I went to a take-out place and had some mozzarella sticks and some popcorn chicken.. Don't know if it really was the greasy food but the next morning I went into labor.. Good timing because I was scheduled for a doctors appointment that morning to find out when I would be induced!

0
19 11

In my opinion I would not do castor oil. It can complicate things and can have bad symptoms that you aren't going to want to deal with being pregnant and overdue. I started walking a few days before my due date and the day I started having contractions I walked for about an hour, took a break for about an hour and a half and then did another walk for about an hour or a little more and then within 2 hours I started having contractions.
Everyone is different and if you shouldn't be walking (swelling feet) then don't.
Remember, your baby will come when he/she is ready and don't you want your baby to be ready to come out?
Enjoy the last few moments with yourself :)
Good luck and healthy prayers!!!

0
6 12

I tried lots like eating a whole pineapple, a curry, raspberry leaf tea etc. None of these worked on either occasion. With my 2nd I went for lots of walks from 38 weeks but at 39 weeks I had a fall and was advised I had broken a bone in my foot but obviously no X-ray could be done. Even the fall did not kick start my labour I ended up being induced! So baby will come when he/she is ready :)

0