Share your best relaxation tips for moms!

We all get stressed out from time to time. What are some of your favorite ways to unwind after a long, stressful day? Help other moms with your great ideas.

6 7

Relaxation can be a little hard with an active household of three growing boys! But, I find that I need to just take care of myself sometimes. I walk with a good friend most Monday nights to get some exercise and to share girl thoughts together. I enjoy writing and take time at the end of most days to think through the day and write about things that stood out or that I want to remember.

I also take some time to meditate as I get ready for sleeping at night. I read my Bible - usually something from Psalms, something from the Old Testament, and something from the New Testament and try to weave them together somehow. I pray in my journal because it keeps my thoughts clear and reminds me about things that I can be thankful for.

I hope you all can find some time to relax, even for a moment. Things will look so much better after you take time for yourself.

5
4 28

AS a working mother of 2 with a husband that works late nights, my relaxztion comes in 2 ways: if I can get away for a few minutes, a laughfest and chat with my neighbor (a working mom as well) works wonders; and the second is to shut off ALL tech gadgets and sit in bed reading WITH my daughters-this is also teaching them how to relax when the world is a bit too much!

5
0 0

I have five children...ages are 10yrs, 8yrs, 6yrs, 5yrs and 10 weeks! Between two in soccer, girlscouts, church and ofcourse the normal homework, house work, dinner and so on! Plus now throwing a baby in the mix! My life is crazy! Especially with my husband who works a ton for me to stay home But I'm a firm believer in finding some time thats only for yourself! I lock myself in my bathroom with a hot bubble bath, a great book and sometimes a glass of wine! Its very relaxing and very quite! I also pray for patience and remind myself how awsome and blessed I am even though life is very crazy! But the biggest thing is is to slow down and atleast give yourself a half hour out of each day and do what you really enjoy! Whats still only yours! Not your kids or your significant other! :)

3
0 0

Cabernet, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Petite Sirah and Pinot Grigio

2
1 1

I am a single mum with 3 kids and on my shoulder. My life always on the road from early as 6.40am till almost 7pm-fetching/picking them up before/after school and I work somehow.It's certainly stressful to beat the time esp as I need to get up at 530am waking them up,preparing them breakfast,and sending to school.;soo, what did I do?To avoid quarelling in car, I will usually make some kind of 'a car on a stage performer' while I become a DJ of a radio and handing in to each of them to act and talk while driving,sometimes a chairperson while they will sing a song together, smtsm i ll change the tone of my voice and make them laugh ,or ask some tricky questions/riddles/idioms, I enjoy to hear their answers esp idioms i.e."what's the meaning of throwing 2 birds with 1 stone? " haha..-so funny answers from my 5 and 6 yr kids,while everybody laughs aloud in car. After got back, I nd prepare dinner-inbetween the time-I hand in sheets ,pencil, colours -let them play teachers and pupils-last 2 nights-we had colouring class where everybody presents their drawing and coached by the elder brother(10) -last nite, we have a performing nite-I gave to each of them to perform a song/ impromptu poem etc while I can mark my exam papers(i am teacher) and feed them some food. I guess at least I dont feel like screaming all the time.I enjoy, and so do they. I am satisfied too.Thank God! -other actv: 1. bring to park-jogging/aerobics 2. swminng pool - u hv ur sweet time watching them swimming (or jst join) 3. watch video at home 4. have some creative class for them.So u can go for reflexology , spa etc before fetching them back.What a wonderful life!

2
1 0

This topic needs some work, especially for moms of the very young. I am the single mother of a 15 year old son, and most of my stress comes from work, health, and disagreements with my ex. Having coffee with an acquaintance recently helped me realized the untapped wealth of friends I have in those I know slightly. I felt so good afterwards! My first suggestion is coffee with a new friend.

2
1 21

Go for a walk, even with your children if you have a safe place to do so. If not, play music in the house and let everyone, including your children jump around and dance or do something physically active to release endorphins which will help reduce your stress level. Count your blessings and write them down, even the children can be involved. But above all, have quiet time for yourself when you can read something inspiring, or think of your goals and life in general.

1
7 0

1. I pop in an exercise DVD and work out for an hour. Endorphins get released and I get stronger!

2. I take a long bubble bath and enjoy a glass of red wine and a shameless romance novel.

1
0 0

Yoga class. I actually tell my family I am a happier and nicer person after chilling on my mat. Debbie Alexander

1
0 22

Swinging on a porch swing with a lemonade or hot tea, listening to the windchimes and nature is so relaxing! It's like my little spa at home. ;)

1
1 0

I like to work out while I am away from my kids. I love zumba, but any workout is great. The focus is on you..staying healthy and fit.

1
2 2

Take a long walk by yourself and have some music head phones on just get away for an hour

1
321 14

I'm a single mum with 3 girls aged 9, 6 and 1. Thankfully I got them into a good bedtime routine so they all go to bed at 7pm and my eldest 2 can read or play quietly in bed until 8pm then they go to sleep. I have also set myself into a routine that, on most days, everything that needs to be done has been done by the time the girls are in bed so most evenings are "mum time". I spend some of that time on the computer or watching tv but what relaxes me most is painting (pictures) or reading.

1
7 39

how do you manage to get everything needed to be done, finished by their bed time? Are you also a working mom?

4 0

Meditation works for me, even if it's just 15 minutes a day. Help me relax and find clarity at the same time.

1
1

How to leap everything programm?

0
0 3

I got kids aged 5 n 1 .The best thing I do is put them to bed early by 8 n spend the rest of the evening by taking a bubble bath or reading ,listening to music or else watching your fav soap on TV or else browsing net ....pampering yourself is very important part of motherhood !

0
5 0

I am a mother of two lovely boy's ages 4 and 2. my relaxtion time would be jogging. i would jog every morning just to go out and breath alittle with no kids no husband. it really helps me relax & another would be reading to my boys.

0
0 15

My son, 6, has never liked taking naps, even when he really needs them. On weekend afternoons, when he starts getting whiny, I ask him if he wants to stay up until 8:30. Of course he says yes and then I tell him that in order to do this, he has to go to his room and lie down for 30 or 45 minutes. Often he falls asleep for up to 2 hours. Other times I think he just watches the clock. It doesn't matter, because either way, I've had some time off.

0
1 24

I find sitting outside to be very relaxing.. I'm a single mom of a 2 1/2 yr old and a 4 year old. We have a set routine so I always have time to unwind at night. 7:30 is the latest they are in bed and asleep. But I also love to garden, which is relaxing for me, so when I come outside at night I just listen to my water fountain trinkle water and the garden is surrounded by solar lights. It is what works for me.

0
0 0

I am a working mum and with kids; 12yrs, 8yrs, 5yrs & a month old. And of course a working husband. After tucking them to bed, I sneak out to my neighbour(s) to chew buai or just to chat for an hour or so. If not, then am watching movie(s) with my husband.

0
0 16

It might sound contractary, but I find that dancing with my son (3 years old) helps relax me. It takes my mind off anything that might be worrying me and I feel the stress melt away. Could be the endorphins that are released during exercise, could be the distraction of focusing on the dancing, could be the joy of laughing with my son ... it's likely all three! Mind you, we are dancing to music I enjoy (not those annoying nursery rhymes), which he also likes.

I also find it relaxing to do puzzles with my son (or even just watch him do them) - he's very good at them (already mastered a 60-piece labeled 6+) which amazes me and makes me so proud. I read an article the other day that said puzzles are very good for kids, they help them with math and engineering skills.

0
0 30

At least once a month, my friends and I go out for dinner, drinks and dessert. It helps us to know we can eat out of the house and not cut anyone's meat or have to share a dessert. We always have a designated driver, but for the most part, we get high off the laughs we have and how much fun it is to talk about anything and nothing that has to do with marriage, the house and the kids. My husband has always been supportive of these "Mom Nights Out" because I seem to be a lot more relaxed after I've had one. I used to do this with a mom's group when we lived in North Carolina...after dinner we would head over to the local Starbucks, drink coffee and hang out...usually coming home well after 1 a.m.!!!! Again, a great stress reliever and a wonderful way to connect with people.

0
0 16

I agree with all moms that bedtime is a great down time with kids
They are relaxed and so am I . We share our day with each other
Like that they never hide things from me abd they get a sense of being like adults that i am sharing my day with them. We do our healing prayers and learn to tackle problems at school too.
Summit Grover

0
0 21

Heather knight thank u very much i feel so much better when u said that u pray for patience and remind ur self how awesome and blessed u are u inspired me:)

0
1 5

Take a relaxing bubble bath. Sometimes it seems that is the only alone time I get.

0
0 28

when the kids are bathed, fed and in bed and the lunch boxes are done i get ready for bed after a lovely shower and curl up in my bed with my laptop or a few magazines or a book even my husband is not allowed in our bedroom for a few hours (he prefers to sit downstairs to read or watch tv) then its sleep :)

0
0 0

I always put on my fave music best way to get my mood on the go :) and browsing around the internet keep my self updated with what's going on in the world or the latest trend and yes! Night out with my husband for a movie and shopping of course the best relaxation buy my self something nice ( and sexy) heheheeh.. Enjoying motherhood is always a great tips to relax and just have fun with ur little ones -( gadsya - mother of 8 months old baby boy Joshua , clydebank Glasgow )

0
0 0

have a cup of coffee outside somewhere at your favorite soothing atmosphere with your closest buddy not ur husband or bf. it will relax you for a very longer time share your thoughts and point of views discuss ur related problems and come back home happy and contend.

0
0 0

I find having a bath or a shower mid way through the day to be relaxing & restoring.
Afterwards, I usually put on something fresh and pretty - maybe some jewelry - to perk me up. This has a way of uplifting and renewing my perspective. Like Heather (above) I also use bath / shower time to pray for patience and perspective. As a homeschooling mother of many there have been days where I've needed more than one !!!

0
4 3

I walk rather than drive or take the bus as often as I can. I have 3 boys and a very busy life with guitar lessons and little league practices...you add in a very loving husband and it is very easy for mom to get lost throughout the week. I find that by walking, I am getting exercise, I am being "green" I am getting a few moments alone to think and clear my head without the distraction of driving and traffic. For work I walk to and from the train for my morning commute and it adds up to 5 hours and almost 20 miles a week! I

0
3 13

I am a mother of 3 adult one is 17th years old and twins they are 13 years old , I can relaxe my self by going out from home and have a walk in open air to recharge my battery , as sometimes I feel I am out of charge due to the great effort at home

0
0 0

' I am a working mom in India and am heading the nursing depatment of a 300 bedded hospital . Work is always busy and when you get home , I have a son who is 14 years old and who has so. Much to talk and share with me . Having given him a patient hearing , I slowly decide that's its time for myself and thus I wear my walking shoes and go off for a walk . During the walk I do not carry my ceel phone so that I can be with myself and the time that I am walking , I use it to talk to God and pray for others , so at the end of the walk I am feeling totally relaxed both in mind and body . I try to do this at least 4 times a week ! Once a month I indulge myself in a facial and pedicure etc , that also keeps me destressed .

0
0 0

Go for a run, go to a Zumba class, read a book after everyones in bed, watch "my shows"!

0
0 4

A bubble bath with the hottest bath water I can stand, breathing exercises and darkness with candles are my tools for relaxing! And all of this only works for me, if I can lower the sound level enough, as it is the combination of all three - warmth, darkness and quietness - which allows my mind to remove itself from the chaos happening in my mind!

0
4 66

I truly appreciate this site to read. I am a great grandmother, but am intrigued by all of your answers. Truly what a mother needs is "Time for Hersel". YOu need time away from your kids so you can reenergize yourself. A baby sitter, whether paid or volunteered will be a Godsend. Getting away from your house would also qualify as a good experience. Whether you go with friends/relatives, or go alone, find somthing that is fun to do. Shopping or a movie is great. A great addition is being able to eat out also. Anytime you don't have to do dishes is a relief! I try to help my granddaughter, who lives near me, as often as I can because sh has such a full plate - 2 kids, 5 1/2 and 3 1/2 are high needs kids. Boy, 5 1/2 is high functioning autistic and 3 1/2 girl who wants as much time as he gets! Wish I lived near you girls so I could baby sit for you. Try to relax and note that they will not be young forever!

0
0 0

My relaxation tips is very simple and easy to do. I just need a hot shower while doing a body scrub (choose your favorite one) and take my time to care for my body. It may take an hour or so. I really enjoy that moment & always come out light-weighted, refresh & vigor. If you have a bathtub in your home, it could be your best means to relax yourself. Just enjoy your tranquil moment soaking in your warm water bathtub or your "me time" and you are ready to start a new day.

0
0 11

I have so many ways it's not even funny!!! Here's the rule at my house and my philosophy that we run with. Wither you are a mom, dad, mom or dad trying to be both parents. If Mommy and Daddy are happy, everyone else is happy. So do things that make YOU happy, and do them on a consistant schedule. Here are a few of mine. Zumba!!!! Yes it's a dance workout party and it's keeps you healtly and happy. Time by myself. I have 3 kids, 11, 8 & 5 all into everything you can think of so we are a busy family. I work full time as does my husband. But I find time every week for myself, bath time, reading time, talk a walk, walk the dog, run, go shopping. You get the point. Time with my friends, I am social butterfly. So I thrive on being around other people. Not that you need to be one, but just having coffee, brunch, lunch, shopping for the afternoon, dinner, drinks, dessert a movie with a girlfriend can do wonders. Heck you don't even have to leave the house you can always call up a girlfriend and chat for a little. Yoga. One of the best relaxation methods you could do for your mind and body. Point is, your life is busy, you have to find the things that you like to do on your own time to help you relax. You have to make the time to do because no one is going to do it for you.

0
0 11

I love going running. I know this sounds like more work. At least that is what I thought it would be! But I feel like it is a chance to run away from all the chaos, noise, and demands and just be by myself. I love it! Running is even better in the rain and listening to some favorite music to help me get more energy.

0
3 0

Have a family spa night on Friday after dinner is done. I do it with my five year old and my husband get out the foot baths and everyone gets pampered. We watch a movie it allow us to catchup on each other and also spend well needed time together after a long week of work. Or you can hire someone to come in and pamper your family if your in the Baltimore Area check out Chocolate Mobile Designs or email to set up your pampering session. chocolatobiledesigns@gmail.com

0
3 0

Also you can shop on my website for relaxation products chocolatemobiledesigns@youngevietyonline.com look under Soul Purpose or any of the other products that maybe of intrest to you. Thanks Natasha

9 7

uhmm...relaxation i have a lot of hem.my relaxation would be watching t.v. especially my favorite programs and movies too.im really relax when im in our room and quiet.i do read books and magazines like fashion,recipes,and home "IKEA brochure,those stuff.But i've got this wierd relaxation sometimes.I do cleaning and tidying in our room.Honestly,im more relax when my surrounding's not messy.

0