Share your fertility tips for moms wanting another pregnancy

When a mom is ready to have another baby, she may find that getting pregnant again is trickier than she experienced the first time around. What are some tips you can give moms to help increase their likelihood of getting pregnant?

3 0

I was told by my fertility-specialist OB that, based on their standard hormone-level testings, it was "highly, highly unlikely...we aren't allowed to say 'impossible'" that I would be able to get pregnant when I was 41 and wanting a third child. I took the test results to a highly-recommended acupuncturist who specializes in women's health issues and asked her opinion. She said she could "definitely work with those numbers." Six months later I was pregnant with my now-6-year old son. Three years later, at the age of 44, I sought her help again. I'd just had a surprise pregnancy that was ectopic. I was perimenopausal and sad. Our dietary, exercise and lifestyle changes were designed to balance my hormones so I would feel better. And I happily wound up pregnant with my 4th child.

My top tips are to eat 'clean,' get regular exercise, get good sleep, relax, be open to options that might perhaps be outside your normal range of thinking. And patience. And I am a huge advocate of Chinese medicine :)

1
1 0

Best way to track ovulation from what I have read in all my books from school is basal body temp method (use a thermometer that measures temp to the tenth. Take temp as soon as you wake before any activity, including restroom visit! Keep track... right before ovulation your temp drops.), calendar rythm method (cycle starts day one of menstration and goes until the day before you start again. They say to be accurate you need to track for 6 months. Subtract 18 days from your shortest cycle and 11 from your longest and those are the days you're most likely to get pregnant. Sperm can live for cereal days so even if you have sex a few days before ovulation it is still possible to get pregnant!), and cervical mucous method (yes tmi but it can tell you a lot! When it's thin, clear, and slippery it's a sign of ovulation. Usually mid cycle. Stuart tracking once your period ends). Also, no douching! It actually flushes out the normal flora in the vagina and can cause infection! No one wants that.

Another thing is avoid drinking alcohol. Alcohol, if you do get pregnant, can cause major defects especially within the first few weeks! It does cross the placental barrier so if you have a glass or two of wine your baby's BAL is the same as yours. Don't smoke because It reduces oxygen to the placenta and can cause the placenta to tear away from the uterus. Not to mention your baby has 3xs the risk of SIDS Eat healthy foods and take your folic acid! It's not only extremely important to be healthy to get pregnant it's also important so you have a healthy baby!!! Some medications can be harmful too so its really important to talk to your OB. Even herbs or OTC medications should be discussed. I hope some of my knowledge helps.

0
1 0

Well from what I have read get healthy -NOT smoking, not drinking, maintaining a good BMI, healthy diet, vitamins, exercise, cut back on harsh chemical exposures, etc. Also make sure your man is healthy too --and that he wears loose fitting underwear like boxers and no baths/saunas/jacuzzi's etc. starting at least 2months prior to when you want to start trying to conceive. I have also read a lot a of great reviews on the Clearblue Easy Digital ovulation test --- which when we start ttc again in January I will definitely be using. Here is a link with the reviews if you wanna check it out. Best of luck! :-D http://www.amazon.com/Clearblue-Digital-Ovulation-20-Packaging/dp/B002VLYAOI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322690235&sr=8-1

0
1 0

Also I read that the ovulation kits should NOT be taken with 1st urine...but rather later in the midafternoon - early evening....just fyi...but everyone's body is different I suppose so you just have to see what works best for you and try not to stress too much! :-)

36 0

Google "basal body temperature." Basically it's charting your body's temperature (normally with a regular thermometer) just after waking in the morning. You chart it and you should be able to notice a spike in your temperature. The spike is related to you ovulating and is the best time to try to get pregnant. I got pregnant with my oldest daughter (only one I tried to get pregnant with, lol) that way the very first time I tried. Even my widwife I was seeing recommended that method.

0
1 0

I thought that you had to have sex "prior" to the spike in temperature? Because the spike indicates that the peak time has passed? :-/ At least that has been my understanding from what I've read...but do correct me if I'm mistaken. :-)

39 7

A woman's fertile days are the 11th through the 17th days of her cycle. Start counting the first day of your period as day one. Then have relations on the 11th through the 17th days of cycle. These are the days you are most likely to conceive. You need not have relations on all those day but maybe in the middle of that one week when you are at your most fertile.

0
11 0

Try this review it will help...http://davidnmd.com/wordpress/ebook-review/