Some toys remain favorites for years; can you recommend one for young children (age 2-5)?

1 0

We have a plush duck pull-toy that my girls have loved since they were two - they are four years old now. And their blocks, and their plastic foods with the halves attached with velcro dots that can be "cut" apart.

And their collection of small plastic animal figures.

2
5 0

My son LOVES puzzles. No matter what puzzle you give him he can figure it out and he will do them over & over again! We dont even bother with the wood puzzles that you just stick in a spot any longer although that is what he has in his preschool classroom. Now we buy the real ones for home. Obviously with the disney characters and all of that but he still figures them out and he still loves them! Puzzles never get old and they are a challenge for your child. I highly recommend them :))

.. He has also had a fetish with the Wonder Pets for the past 2 years.. I thought for sure he would have grown out of them by now like he did Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! and all of that but NOT A CHANCE!!

1
0 0

Some of the toys my kids love to play with most are the most simple of toys. Blocks are always lots of fun for them, they love to stack them and the proceed to knock them over! They also love anything that is centered around pretend play, like their play kitchen & food, baby dolls & strollers, and their dollhouse with all it's matching pieces. And although I know they aren't toys, books are always a favorite in our house! Board books with lots of bright colors and objects they can name are the best at this age in order to build their vocabulary. We have lots of fun reading together. Take a peek into our playroom with the post provided!

1
0 5

My kids play with their Lego Duplo blocks more than any other toy. They are always building, creating, and pretending. If we could only have one toy, it would definitely be Duplos.

Jamie - Mom to Bo (almost 4) and Clara and Anna (2)

In the blog post I wrote today, you can see that my son has started his Christmas wish list.

1
1 0

My son LOVES Thomas the Tank Engine-'Take and Play' & 'Trackmaster' sets. My daughter loves her barbie dolls, Fisher Price Loving Family, and dressing up like a princess.

0
3 8

My 3 year old is addicted to her Dr Suess Stretchy ABC game. It's basically Twister for children but uses the alphabet. My daughter's knowledge of letter sounds has increased just by playing. The great part of this game is that older siblings love helping out their younger siblings so you can really have them grow with this game.

http://www.teachingstars.com/2012/05/14/more-fun-than-a-barrel-of-monkeys/

0
0 0

My daughter was two when my son was born and she went through a rough transition period. Luckily, she got a Graco baby play set around this time, which included a pretend car seat, high chair, baby backpack, baby bottle etc. She adored carrying her dolls around and feeding them the way I was feeding and caring for her new brother. There were so many options for her to play with that it took a long time for her to get bored. Her brother is 2 now and we are STILL playing with that stuff almost two years later! I guess that shows that women really are born to be nurturers! :-)

0
4 35

Puppets. We bought some cheap ones from Ikea and they have been and still are a huge favourite of both boys.

0
0 0

My daughter loves to play pretend and dressup. She has play and a kitchen and she is always cooking something. While she is cooking she has to have on her chaef hat, apron and her hot mitt!

0
1,510 49

Books! Every child likes colorful picturs.

0
65,420 232

I think books are number one. They never tire of being read to, or having books. They also love puzzles, Melissa and Doug.

0
0 0

I know what you mean, sometimes you need a break from the "licensed toys" and get back to the basics. I too was looking for something I could do with my girls, but toys they could be engaged in by themselves.
I LOVE Discovery Toys. They break them up by ages, they even have the type of learner your child is and lists different ways to play with the toys!
Check out the site:
www.discoverytoyslink.com/katarinaluke

0
0 0

My twins turn two in TWO MONTHS! It honestlytakes my breath away how fast it has gone. Their birthday is right after Christmas (January 8th) so I have been thinking big time about toys for both. They have outgrown their toddler riding toys, so first on the list is a new riding toy: maybe a tricycle, big wheel, or power wheels. We are also probably going to get them some outdoor play equipment. As for smaller toys, I am thinking more building toys for my son, and he loves playing pretend. I am thinking my daughter might be ready for her first American Girl doll. Maybe the Bitty Baby??

0