Is it true you can't get pregnant while breastfeeding?

26 10

I had 3 babies while breastfeeding (all planned)... and nursed though all of those pregnancies... completely not true :)

5
14 24

Breastfeeding is supposed to suppress ovulation, but it varies from woman to woman. Some women may not ovulate while they're breastfeeding, but many others will still ovulate.

1
75 28

There is always a chance of pregnancy while breastfeeding. However, you can lower those chances by practicing ecological breastfeeding. Your baby never leaves you, no pacifiers, no bottles, no pumping, and co-sleeping. I have done it with both babies and it has worked for me so far. I didn't ovulate until 14 months postpartum with my first child. I am hoping for that again!

1
152 67

I am pregnant with my fourth, and it is my third child conceived not only while breastfeeding but also while on a hormone only birth control pill. It is VERY possible to get pregnant while breastfeeding!

1
1 20

totally not true... you can still get pregnant while breastfeeding best thing i did was get the iud put in, not the mirena (5 year) but the one without hormones (10 year)....

1
10 33

Ha ha ha ha ha No!

0
46 11

No :) I got pregnant with my 4th when I was nursing my 3rd. If anything, breastfeeding makes you more fertile. Don't be duped by the lack of menstrual cycle.

0
1 0

Yes, you CAN get pregnant while breastfeeding! This is a myth! Even after a miscarriage, it can happen. Protect yourself, either girl or guy so a 'little blessing' doesn't come along in 9 months! :o)

0
8 31

I too got pregnant while breast feeding. It was planned and took about 6 months to happen. Meaning, when my 1st child was 6 months old, I got my period back even though I was nursing him. Then 6 months later when he turned 1 (while still breast feeding) I finally got PG with baby #2. I continued to nurse until baby #2 was born and tandum nursed 2 more months. Then I weaned the first kid off. While nursing the 2nd baby, I got PG again right after he turned 1 year but lost that baby. I continued to nursed the 2nd baby till he was 16 months old. I do not feel any connection to breast feeding and the miscarriage. That was just meant to be.

0
29 11

Not really. I have gotten pregnant twice while breastfeeding.

0
26 34

Breastfeeding is NOT a form of contraception but rather a form of natural family spacing, so the answer is yes.

-1
4 28

Using the billings method to work out when you are ovulating and when you are not ovulating may help during the transition from being non fertile to fertile whilst breastfeeding. This knowledge helped me a lot with this issue as I had been using the billings method for over 5 years prior to falling pregnant. THis is a natural method of contraception.

-1