What advice would you give to a mom who wants to start couponing?

0 0

The best advice that I could give to anyone who is considering the journey of couponing is to get the weekly sales circular and match the coupons that can be found on sites such as Redplum,Smartsouce,Coupons.com and Lozo with the items that are on sale. Don't every shop for things that are not on sale unless you really have to. Lastly don't get caught up in what is perceived to be possible on the TLC hit show Extreme Couponing. Go slow...save big.

0
0 0

Start small! You do not have to be an "extreme counponer" to save money. Follow the deals and match-ups on Little Rock Mommy! Clip your coupons according to the match-up at home. Make a list of the stores and the items you are getting. Head to the store and save! Try to always match a coupon with a sale to get the biggest savings! Follow our Couponing 101 page for more info!

0
0 0

Couponing is about process and organization. Not all couponing methods are alike. You will know if your system or method is effective when you are able to quickly access your coupons in a short amount of time AND you are able to save at least 60% or more when you first start. Couponing takes a little bit of time, but the results and savings can be life-changing for you and your family so be patient! Here are a few step-by-step tips to get you started, but be sure to check out my complete step-by-step guide for couponing newbies: http://www.theitmom.com/couponing-newbies/

Step 1: Create a Coupon Binder (a zippered cloth binder with handles work best), add clear sports card pocket holders, along with binder tabs you can customize and label. There are several Coupon Binder Kits available that are ready to go if you would rather purchase them.

Step 2: Label each section of your binder tabs based on the grocery section aisles of the most common grocery store you purchase your groceries.

Step 3: Purchase 2-3 copies of the Sunday newspaper to begin collecting coupons. I suggest purchasing a newspaper subscription to receive better cost savings. Be patient and expect to collect about 4-5 weeks worth of coupons and keeping them organized before you’ll start seeing true results. It may seem expensive at first, but trust me, over a short period of time you’ll see dramatic savings.

Step 4: If you are new to couponing, I recommend that you DO NOT cut out every coupon from the Sunday newspaper – instead, save each coupon booklet and file them by coupon insert type (SmartSource or RedPlum) and date in file folders in an organized filing system with labels for easy access. You’ll find the dates on the binding corners of each coupon book. Staying organized is critical in Couponing success when you first start.

Step 5: Print out high-value coupons from my coupons sites each week (don’t forget that you can print twice). These coupons can be cut and folded into the clear business card or sports card pocket holders and appropriately filed within the tabs you labeled with your grocery aisles. *Note: Printing takes up a lot of ink and paper, so only print the high-value and/or coupon matchups you’ll be using for the current sales.

Step 6: Instead of going through every store’s weekly advertisement and matching coupons to sales yourself – use Coupon Matchup Sites or go to TheItMom.com every Sunday morning to get the list of best weekly deals (which is a completely free and we made super easy for couponing newbies). You can even sign up for our daily newsletter so you can be notified of new deals, sales and coupon match-ups here: http://bit.ly/eSubscribeTheItMom

Step 7: Locate the deals you’d like to buy from the Coupon Matchup Sites with your available coupons.

0
1 14

When you are just getting started, couponing can be overwhelming. If you are just starting out, choose an coupon organization method that works for you (envelope system, three-ring binder, ect). Knowing where to find your coupons quickly and easily is essential in avoiding frustration.

Know your coupon resources! You can find coupons everywhere - in your Sunday paper, online (Coupons.com, Coupon Network, Red Plum and Smart Source), in store circulars, ect. Some of the best coupons are online so a newspaper subscription is not always necessary.

Couponing has become so much easier since I originally started. Your best bet is to find a blog that features coupon matchups for your local store. You will find a list of all the items on sale and which coupons match up to those sale items. I recommend creating your shopping list at home so that you can have all your coupons ready to go at the store, allowing you to get in and out quickly.

0
0 0

When you start couponing be excited about the money you are saving even if it's a little. Every little bit helps. Try to learn as much as you can so that you are confident on your first voyage to coupon at the store. If you are worried about it, just start with a few coupons and see how it goes. Then after a time or two you will see that it's no big deal and that you have the potential to save a lot of money.

Just using coupons on items that you buy is a starting point. However, the best way to get a product for next to nothing is to combine the coupon with sales, in store promotions, and store coupons if they have them. Then stock up while there are coupons and sales available.

I also suggest that if you have a Walmart close by that you price match sales from other local store as well as use coupons on the price matching items, as that will save you a lot of money quickly. As well as save you time & gas money from running from store to store to catch all the sales. Again start small when price matching. Try a few items first until you are comfortable with it and then price match more.

Again, be happy with the small steps you are taking to save money. Every little bit helps and the more and more you coupon the more you will save and become comfortable with it.

0
0 0

My advice for moms starting couponing is to take the time to learn about coupon terms and store policies on coupons. I started off by learning the coupon terms and the store coupon policy. This way you will know how many coupons you can use at a time. You don't want to walk up to the cashier with tons of items only to find out you can't use coupons for all of them because of their store policy. Carrying the store ad and coupon policy with you while shopping is also a good idea. They might come in handy. Take the time to write up a shopping list with calculations of each item price after the coupon. This will make shopping more organized and less stressful. My biggest advice would be to have patience. It will take time to find a system that will work for you and not overwhelm you.

0
1 13

Start off slowly. Couponing can seem overwhelming at first, but it definitely gets easier as you learn. Personally I have changed the way I coupon (and organize my coupons) many times in just one short year until I found a way that fit me best. Start by obtaining the coupon policy at your favorite store. Make sure to check to see if they accept competitors coupons.

Just because you have a coupon doesn't mean you need that item. Practice by clipping the coupons for products you use most often. Every week check your local store circular for sales on your favorite products, compare those sale items with the coupons you have available. You will start to notice how often those items actually do go on sale so that you can stock up enough of that item at the best price to have on hand until the next sale comes around.

0
0 0

My advice for a mom who wants to start couponing is to learn how to coupon and save money at your own pace. Educate yourself first by reading the store coupon policies and get answers to your questions from the cashier/manager at your store. Start watching the sales in the weekly ads for the items you use the most. I also suggest just shopping at two stores when you first start out. Chasing after every deal at multiple stores can get stressful and you will get frustrated very quickly! Also, it's best to make a list before you shop, match sales with coupons and train yourself to only shop off your list!

0
0 8

Start small and start with health and beauty products. Write a list of all the products you use and how often you use them. Just because you have a coupon does not mean you need to use it. Don't buy thing you will not use. If its free donate it and let someone have the blessing of it.

0
0 0

Start slowly and work on finding a process that works for you. When I first started couponing I tried the binder method and cut every single coupon each week for 6 papers and found that I would get very behind and overwelmed. Its important to find a system that you have time to maintain and can keep up.

After a few months I started the filing method, I file the complete inserts by day and pull and clip what is needed based on sales and home needs. This system is working and I am loving it.

Don't get discouraged, try something different and I am sure you will find something that will work for you and help you save money.

0
18 65

I wrote a post with my 10 Tips for Beginner Couponers. But here they are in summary; Don't and get every single deal at every single store at first, memorize your store's coupon policy, be kind & considerate, get organized, don't print every coupon in existence, there are four main coupon sites, make sure to keep track of your ecoupons, figure out your stock up price, don't trust coupon buying sites, and you aren't going to get everything for free. http://www.nannytomommy.com/2013/02/10-tips-for-beginner-couponers.html

0
4 279

Don't go crazy -- just cut coupons of the products you are already buying. Cut them out and always have them with you. And go to a store that doubles coupons and offers a rewards card. I like Shop & Stop because they also offer gas points - money off your gas bill.

Hold on to the coupon until the item goes on sale, and if you can, stack the manufacturer coupon with an in-store coupon.

I also save on haircuts, oil changes and pizza by using the coupons in those envelopes you get in the mail.

0
0 0

First subscribe to the Sunday Newspaper, file your newspaper inserts in manilla folders, choose one or 2 stores to shop at and concentrate on savings, and follow our weekly store matchups and daily new printable coupons to save money with little time invested in clipping coupons. Couponsforyourfamily.com does most of the work for you! Subscribe to our daily email for free coupons and deals here.. https://madmimi.com/signups/subscribe/67297

0
0 0

Don't start too big - even using a .50 cent coupon is saving! Don't get discouraged either. Follow your favorite site(s) and learn from them. Match your coupons with weekly sales too. That is a huge money saver!

0
0 0

Start off slow and follow the thousands of blogs online to help you start your shopping trips. Get the Sunday paper and write your favorite companies for coupons they will almost always send you high value awesome coupons!

0
0 0

Couponing is a great money-saving tool. You can easily see your efforts and feel good about contributing to your family. Start with one grocery store (that doubles coupons if possible) to see the biggest bang for your efforts!

0
0 0

Patience is a virtue! Start off by taking 15-20 minutes out of your day to check out deals at your local grocery store and when you find a great deal, buy in bulk.
When I first started, it took me a while to get in the hang of juggling my job as a mother and trying to help my family save money, so don't overwhelm yourself. Take it one day at a time.

0
0 0

Take it one step at a time. When I first learned I only clipped coupons that I was going to use for sure. And then I started looking at learning the ins and outs of Rite Aid (closest to my house.) Learned Rite Aid well and moved onto learning my best grocery store (Tops Friendly Markets is closest to me and they double up to $.99 coupons). Moved onto CVS and finally Walgreens.

It's not all about saving as much as you can in ONE trip to get everything you need for the next 6 months. Understanding how much you use of products and keeping track is a great place to start. Figure sales come around every 3 months so you basically need to know how many you use during those months and can plan to have them on hand (like cereal...we go through about 6 boxes in 3 months...) So when a great sale comes up on Lucky Charms and we have 2 boxes left, I will pick up our 6 and know that I'm good for the next 4 months!

Best thing to start doing now, make sure you are getting coupons every week! Buy a newspaper subscription so you won't forget. Ask your friends/family to save you coupons. And start finding some blogs that do ad matchups because we'll help to give you the deals!

0
1 0

When starting out, there are a few key points to remember: educate, familiarize, organize, practice, start small, and set a realistic goal. The first step is simple, just be sure to read up on everything you can about coupons that way when you are ready to head out shopping you don’t run into any issues at the register. The next part is familiarizing. Perhaps head to the store with someone who regularly uses coupons and watch what they do. Even if you don’t know someone, purposely get behind someone in line who has coupons with them and observe. You can learn simple do’s and dont’s at the register by doing this. The next part is organizing. Once you have educated yourself and familiarized yourself with using coupons you need to have some sort of organized way to sort and store your coupons. I personally use the coupon binder system but there are several other options out there. Just choose a method that works for you and try to stick to being organized. With new coupons being released every Sunday in newspapers and every day on the web, you can easily get behind. I suggest designating at least 1 day a week where you can cut, sort, and organize your coupons. The next part I’d say is to practice. Remember that old saying “practice makes perfect” well it definitely applies when using coupons. Just remember everyone has to start from somewhere and even if the first few times you really feel like you don’t know what you are doing, then just continue to try and continue to use coupons. Eventually it will become as easy as changing a baby’s diaper. The biggest key point when starting out (in my opinion) is to start small. I have personally witnessed first time couponers attempt transactions that are way over their head simply because they are new to the couponing world and didn’t anticipate errors. Start at easy stores such as Walmart or your local grocery store and work your way up to stores like Walgreens, CVS, Target, and Rite Aid. Start with smaller transactions and try to save as much as you can with those before attempting a basket full of items. It’s easier to spot mistakes that could cost you tons of money if you are attempting smaller transactions. Last, (but not least) set realistic goals for you and your family. This includes setting a budget and setting a goal of how much you would like to save on your shopping trips. My personal goal is 50% or more but yours may be at least 30% and that is ok. Everyone’s budget is different and therefore everyone’s goal is different. Just do what is best for you and your family. I promise there will be moments where you will outdo yourself and perhaps even see that “100% savings” on your receipt but remember that it won’t happen all the time and saving any money is better than not.

0
0 16

Start slow so it is no overwhelming. Check out what items you have in your household and start emailing those companies telling them how much you like their products and request coupons! They will be happy to send them out! Also make sure to "like" the brand's Facebook page as well since they have a lot of coupons and freebies available there as well. Never be afraid to try another brand you aren't familiar with, including store brands - you might find yourself pleasantly surprised! Follow coupon bloggers who post store matchups for the stores in your area for the best way to maximize your savings at the store. Do a couple of small test runs at the stores to get a feel for couponing and gain confidence. Always carry the store's coupon policy in your purse and never be afraid to question the store if they don't accept a coupon within their guidelines.

0
0 0

1. Start small. Don't try to be an extreme couponer at first. You'll overwhelm yourself and it wont be any fun at all! 2. Get Organized. FInd a coupon organizing system that works for you. Me, I use a binder and keep my coupons in baseball card sheets so I can see them all easy one page at a time. 3. Follow blogs! Like mine, there are a ton of fantastic coupon blogs out there that will show you how to use coupons and pair them with sales for incredible deals and freebies!

0
0 0

Set goals! How much are you wanting to save? Are you saving for something in particular?
Start small. Choose one or two stores to shop at in the beginning. Get to know their coupon policies and then when you're feeling more confident add a couple more.
Don't try to hit every deal. This goes along with choosing only a couple of stores in the beginning. You'll get "coupon burnout" and be stressed. Add kiddos to the mix and you'll be a basket case in no time! I speak from experience by the way...
Find couponing blogs to follow. This Top 25 Couponing Moms list is a great place to start. There are some amazing bloggers here and they will keep you up to date on deals, coupons, freebies, etc.
And last....have fun! Because saving money is fun and rewarding!

0
0 0

My advice for a mom who is wanting to start out using coupon is to go at a slow pace, and educate yourself first. So many people jump into coupons not really knowing a whole lot about them. My #1 advice would be to educate, educate, educate yourself on them. Learn how to read them, use them, store policies. Learn the ropes, learn everything so that when you walk into the store for the first time you will know what you are doing. Learn your store policies because each one will be different. Start with getting at least 2 newspapers, grab yourself an organization system, and organize your coupons. Also instead of making a grocery list of what you, want make a list of things that are on sale and on sale only. See if you are buying items on sale each week you are saving money even if you aren't using coupons. Then you need to start making your weekly meals off what is on sale, for instance if pork is on sale then make meals with pork that week. Each week your menu will be different, never the same. Once you have your list you can now shop and buy whats on sale. Stock up to because if that items is at a great price then buy 2 or 3 of them. That way in 2wks when you need that item you can pull it from your stockpile instead of heading to the grocery store and paying full price. These are just some great tips, I have a lot more but I would focus on educating yourself, and knowing your stores. You will get better at it each time you go, and you will see your savings expanding. Then you will get addicted and realize you were crazy for not starting earlier.

0