What are the best childcare options for children younger than school age?

For moms who have to work, sometimes it can be baffling to decide what the best childcare options are for young children while you're at work. Nannies? Day care? Grandma? What did you choose, and why?

33 0

I never had a nanny but I always felt comfortable with my kids going to a high quality day care/preschool and even small licensed home care programs. The social interaction is very important, I know they're not watching TV all day, and there are lots of creative projects involved.

0
1 0

Montessori Schools are a wonderful option. They offer low teacher to student ratios and follow the child's interests and capabilities on an individual basis. Book a tour to see a school. I reccomend The Children's House Montessori schools in the Windsor/LaSalle and Lakeshore areas!

0
1 20

My children are grown now, I always used an in home day care when the were small. Day care centers can be to big. Home day care are so much better, cleaner, you get that one on one for your child

0
2 0

Best option of course is at home with you or dad. If work is necessary, the next best is with a family member (grandma, grandpa, auntie....) at your home. Little children do not need to interact with other children everyday all day. If the family member takes the child to the park for a daily dose of friendship and exercise that should be sufficient. Third best, nanny. Fourth best small day care. With small day care centers you have to make sure they are playing with your child, doing crafts and creating a routine everyday.

0
16 0

Nannies are good because then your child gets tons of one on one interaction and since it's done in your home, you can see what's happening. The downsides of nanny care are first and foremost the cost...the are EXPENSIVE! Plus, the child doesn't have other kids to interact with. I had my son with my mom for the first year and then switched him to a daycare center. That transition was hard, but was the best thing I could've done. He learned to interact with others in a social setting and forged some great friendships! Ultimately, the decision is something that only you can make as you have to choose the right fit for you and your child. Weigh the pros and cons of each to help you decide what's best. Good luck!!!

0
1 13

You should look into a state licensed in-home care!!! They are held to the same requirements as daycare centers but have more one in one and have a family style care!!! I wouldn't choose anything else.

0
1 0

I agree but often they are impossible to find!