What are the best diaper rash creams?

Please share any suggestions you have for diaper rash creams you have tried and see what other moms have recommended.

242 54

Bordeaux's Butt Paste! Smells funny but works amazing!!!!!!!!

58
6 17

It works wonders!

3 2

Our dermatologist recommended Triple Paste. The key is to be consistent though using it even a day after the rash seems to have disappeared always keeps the rash from returning right away. Good luck!!!

33
5 12

Triple waste is amazing! Used it every time the kids had diaper rash and it cleared it within 24 hours

0 9

We in kenya use sudo cream.it rily works.

23
6 11

I live in Chicago and my sister's nanny gave me a jar of Sudo Creme that she brought back from Poland. It is the best thing I have ever used! I ended up ordering some from a Canadian drugstore website. I put it on my daughter at the slightest sign of redness and she has not gotten a diaper rash since. Love it!

0 16

Burts bees 99% natural & works great!!

16
16 15

Burt’s Bees Diaper Ointment – It's 100% natural. Desitin Original Diaper Rash Ointment…has the most active ingredient Zinc-Oxide --- this used to be my favorite, but then I discovered Burt’s Bee when my third was getting such severe diaper rash that I tried it. To my amazement, his rash was clearing up within hours. Zinc-Oxide is still a main ingredient (it's second on the list), but not sure the percentage. It smells like chamomile and works wonderfully (rather than the smell of liver oil that Desitin has). I have also tried Boudreaux’s Butt Paste. In my opinion, it is awful...it doesn't stay on well and smells horrible. It also didn't do anything to improve a rash.

0 20

I'm surprised no one mentioned Dr. Smith's. I have three kiddos and it worked wonders on all of them. It even works on them past diapers when their girls parts get irritated. It's all natural, doesn't smell bad, is very thick and works after the first application.

16
0 0

I agree!! My little girl had the worst diaper rash that we could not get to go away. I tried everything available and nothing worked like Dr Smith's. It's a little hard to find but we figured out the secret...they keep it behind the counter at the pharmacy in Target. If they're out, they'll order more and have it there in a day for you. I put some on at every diaper change even when she doesn't have a rash. Our dermatologist recommended doing this as it keeps a constant barrier between the wet diaper and her skin.

21 73

Arbonnes ABC Diaper Rash Cream...hands down. Best thing out there. No MINERAL OIL!!! or any of that other stuff you dont want on your babies bottom. Ive had amazing results with this stuff. It also works on bug bites!!lol

15
7 133

I totally agree! I love Arbonne products.

1 0

Corn starch. 100% natural

14
0 21

or burnt flour works excellent

0 0

Weleda Calendula Diaper Care

13
9 44

that weleda calendula lotion worked wonders when my baby had that neck rash babies get, i like the calendula

1 0

Bag Balm in the square green tin. LO had a diaper rash once and only once when I started supplementing with formula. No "diaper rash cream" would work, so I tried this and within hours it went from being extremely irritated and raised, to barely noticable. Any time his bottom looks remotely red, I just put some on and like I said, he's only had that one diaper rash.

12
3 22

Bag Balm is the only thing I have ever used and it is amazing. I use it as soon as I notice any redness and it always clears up by the next morning. I wouldn't try anything else! :) Wipes off easily, too.

0 6

Olive oil is amazing. My midwife recommended it with my first daughter and I have used it for all four of my children. I put it on with each change and they never get rashes in the first place.

11
17 2

I had three kiddies and not one had a diaper rash because their bottoms were washed at every change and either a light coating of olive oil or petroleum jelly was applied at every change....the skin never came into contact with body fluids/solids so no rash instigators in the first place.

2 0

Sudocrem hands down.

10
10 47

Most amazing stuff ever. Wish I'd found it 2 years before I did!

18 9

My daughter has extremely dry skin and our doc gave us a perscription for Aquaphor to use as an alternative tolotion. I know you can buy it over the counter also.. But it works wonders on rash too!! Its Colorless and Odorless so it doesnt irritate the skin.

10
2 0

johnson 3 in 1

0 50

A&D always works wonders for my three, diapers or not, is great for healing.

9
10 44

I love A&D! I have tried butt paste and desitin and did not believe they worked as well!

16 2

Brace yourselves! Ready? Lansinoah Lanolin Nipple ointment. Works on everything!

8
38 18

I used this before I started making my own paste out of olive oil and beeswax. Lanolin is definitely a great treatment!!

8 18

I use Calmoseptine (available at the pharmacy without a prescription, but generally behind the counter) on rashes, and Desitin for everyday use. The Calmoseptine has worked wonders on my kids' worst diaper rashes. Also, let the area dry thoroughly, or better yet, let them run around without a diaper for as long as you can. Fresh air will help those sore bottoms heal!!

8
9 21

A friend of mine also turned me on to Calmoseptine. This is the only thing that worked on severe diaper rash for my son. It even worked better than the compound paste the doctor prescribed that cost me a fortune. We live in FL so we spend a lot of time at the beach or pool and my son would get really bad after spending so much time in wet swimmers. I used Calmoseptine before putting his swimmer on and used it as a barrier before we even had a problem. For everyday use I found a powder called Caldesene. I love it!! It works on minor butt rash without having to use cream. It can be found on shelves at Walgreens or your local drug store. It's in a pink container with blue writing. It contains talc, but it's not the main ingredient and it's formulated for babies.

3 16

Used to use Desitin, then my cousin told me about Aveeno Baby Diaper Rash Cream! LOVE IT!

8
48 38

This is what works best for my daughter, she gets rashes quickly and they are so pale the daycare doesn't notice them until they are pretty bad. If I can get her to cooperate for frequent diaper changes this stuff works very well.

4 16

Earth Mama Angel Baby works perfect, is fast, toxin free and you can used for many other things.

8
0 1

Bepanthen is great for cloth nappies, comes off easily in the wash, doesn't leave a residue.

6
6 24

My pediatrician told us to use Crisco shortening from the start! I started using it, then went to other brands, and guess what? She got her first diaper rash! Never got another one after going back to Crisco. I also have family that have same pediatrician and their kids never had diaper rash either. It really works!!!! :)

4
0 0

Wow crazy!!

18 19

When in a pinch you can also use Mylanta. Just pour a little on and it takes the sting right out and starts to heal. An older sitter told me about this one time. It worked wonders for my little one! She only had one or two though. :)

4
23 50

Arbonne's ABC diaper rash cream - is the best! Clears rashes fast!

27 20

I really like Arbonne's ABC diaper rash cream. My Arbonne consultant told me you can use it for lots of other things too.

4
1 0

its the best. would not use anything but ABC diaper rash cream.

0 27

i think that sudocream rocks, any time my Luci had diaper rash, it worked on the first application, and i have recommended it to many of my friends, and same thing for them!

4
0 15

Sudo cream is the best cream for diaper rash.

4
10 47

Yes yes yes! Sudocrem is awesome and you can finally get it from Amazon in the States!

1 10

I know its already been mentioned but I love the Arbonne ABC Diaper Rash Cream, it has some great healing and pain helping herbs in it (with no mineral oil). But I also use the ABC Body Oil as soon as I see a hint of redness on DD's butt. The oils are conditioning and create some barrier and there are a bunch of healing conditioning herbs in it as well. It has kept me from having to use diaper cream many, many times.

3
0 11

Triple paste by far the best!!!!

3
0 12

Air, Clean, calimine lotion, athelete foot cream, 99cent stores medicated powder, stay home & air it out, keep it clean.....

2 5

Triple Paste!!! And for really bad diaper rash, Vusion, Rx you can get from a dermatologist. It is the best! Knocks it right out!

3
257 10

Ihle's paste!
It's far less expensive than other barrier creams and it works like a dream!

3
0 12

Arbonne ABC Herbal Nappy Cream is the best by far, no chemicals ,no mineral oil. Mineral oil is a petrol -base product , why would you put petrol on your body or your babies.

I am a Arbonne Consultant , if you would like to know , please contact me . Have a great day!! Annette Nimmo

3
0 20

Lansinoh Triple Lanolin - Works fast and is soothing, especially for newborn extra sensitive skin!

3
7 133

Arbonne's ABC Diaper Rash Creme absolutely!! Works amazingly on my little one. Best thing is that it is botanically based instead of mineral oil based which is just a cheap filler. Mineral oil (white petrolatum) just coats the skin and does not allow the product to penetrate your skin and actually work, therefore, you will continue to have the same issue over and over again. Not to mention it smothers the skin that needs to breathe and mineral oils have been linked to cancer. I for one do NOT want to put this on my children! $14 for an amazing high quality product that is safe for your children.

http://www.andrearock.myarbonne.com/

3
84 30

Grandma El's!! We cloth diaper & anything w/ zinc oxide or fish oil can make my dipes stinky & keep stains locked in :( Grandma El's smells good & works GREAT! I see results after one application :))

0 24

The ONLY cream that worked for my little guy was Arbonne's ABC Diaper Rash Cream. We tried Sudocream, Desitin, Buttpaste, youname it...we tried it. He would get horrible rashes that were red raw that we would have to use cortisone and anti-fungal on to heal. We finally broke the cycle of suffering when we switched over. I was so sold on the product that I actually started to sell Arbonne...message me if you need any. Arbonne can ship anywhere in the US, Canada, UK and Australia

3
1 40

Arbonne's diaper rash cream is fabulous!! It is all natural and has no harmful ingredients including mineral oil. I have a friend who is a rep and that's all we buy now!

3
31 12

We found a new one called Anti-Monkey Butt paste. It is not as thick as Desitin but works really well at first sign of redness and it seems to moisturize at the same time. We've used it on our 2month old son and we've never seen a rash last longer than 1 day.

3
3 9

Agreed Earth Mama Angel baby bottom balm, its not a cream so its easy to apply and you don't have to rub as much. Its like magic! My daughter is now two and we use it for boo boo's too.
http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/angel-baby/angel-baby-bottom-balm.html

3
1 14

This is my go to balm, it is outstanding. I've never known any other product to clear up a rash or redness as fast as it does. Good for cloth diapers and smells wonderful. And yes, the added advantage of being a universal balm for bites, irritations and so on.

4 0

Resinol. We use desitin as well but resinol is amazing. You usually have to get it behind the pharmacy counter but don't need a prescription for it. It clears her up in less than a day!!

2
1 15

Have to agree used it on older children too!!!!!

0 13

I prefer Pinxav. Messy, but extremely effective for both of my kids.

2
1 0

PinXav - have to get on the internet, but it works and FAST!

2
30 1

I've been able to find it at Drug Mart in some areas so if you have one try there. It is all I have used & works wonders with my kiddos

2 6

desitin is good..i tried it to my son and it really works...

2
9 44

not many said Desitin, but I have tried most of the others, although there were some i hadn't heard of so thanks for the suggestions like Arbonne, I tried dr. smiths (inlaws swear by it), tried beaudreax's (sister in law swears by that one), i found that my son's rash heals with the next diaper change with desitin. :)

0 3

Ihle's Paste works wonders for us. It comes in a huge tub, so if we are out or on a trip we use Sudocreme.

2
1 54

we love Ihles paste my daughter is 3 and we still have the same tub from when she was a baby and will still use it sometimes when she has a rash from not wiping properly ,it gets rid of the rash usually in 1 application

3 20

I've only ever used Bepanthen Ointment on my three and found it clears any rash in one application. On the rare occasion the rash lasted longer (like when teething and poos are more acidic) then it still only took one or two applications more.
Although, I have to say nappy rash is very rare in this house - the only times we've really had issues is either a/ as mentioned before when teething, b/ when any child has eaten a lot of acidic food (ie tomatoes) or c/ the rare occasion cheap nappies were used.

2
3 20

Just wanted to add that I think keeping the whole groin area dry helps in keeping nappy rash at bay. After cleaning with wipes, I have always dried the area with a cloth nappy. Whats the point of changing a wet nappy if the area is not *dry* afterwards? Isn't that half the reason bub cries when he has a wet one - because it feels so gross?