What is the best lesson you've learned from another mom?

Moms receive all kinds of advice about parenting, both solicited and unsolicited. What is the best advice you have ever received about parenting from another mom?

202 0

Sometimes the best way to get them out of a tantrum is not to get upset with them and make them more upset, but to make them laugh.

0
64 0

Your kids may be young, but they're still people. Don't talk to them like you do to some adults, but don't talk to them like they're still 3. Consider they're feelings and thoughts, and talk to them about them, and assure them it's ok to open up.....and to poke them in the belly to see if they know what to do!!!

0
0 0

after my daughter had the worst nappy rash that nothing was fixing, my great Aunt told me to put a splash of white vinegar in her bath water...sceptical but i tried it and it worked brilliantly. I always tell new mums about it

0
18 82

I was really stressing out about potty training my son. He was getting to the age that he "should" have been catching on and I felt like he just wasn't. A fellow mom (of 7 grown boys) said to me, "Have you ever seen an adult man get married in a diaper? In the same token, have you ever seen a Kindergartener or 1st Grader go to school in a diaper?" She also encouraged me to spend the time and energy I was using to worry and spend it intentionally investing in special time with my son.

0
0 0

My mum put a ping pong ball in the toilet with a face on it to get my son excited about using the toilet.

18 22

To take each day as it comes and take minute by minute or second by second if needed.

0
22 0

You can't rush a 3 year old!!!

0
2 0

1) If the advice you're trying to follow doesn't feel right, it isn't.
2) There is a reason your child's cry sounds distressing - biology ensures your prompt response.
3) If you're able to listen to the wisdom in your child's actions, you won't need other's advice.

0
0 0

I agree Doula, get to know your own child, you understand them better than anyone else.

42 0

Rough patches are only stages. Children are constantly going and growing through stages, so just when you are ready to rip your hair out by the roots remember that it's just a stage! But...just when you figure out how to deal with the stage, they grow into a new stage!

0