What is the best part of being a mom?

There are many wonderful things about being a mother. What has been the best part of motherhood for you?

0 0

As small children they give so much unconditional love that it sometimes made me breathless, but for those of you who don't yet have grown children seeing the magnificient caring adults they have grown into, and knowing that your love and compassion had to do with that still fills me with awe! I can't wait to see the man I have raised in the future I know he will be amazing, My Girls have made me So Proud (who they are,How they live their life). These are the best blessings of my life!!!!!

18
0 20

I agree totally with you mine are grown and I feel exactly the same way! Im going to vote for you and I hope you win!

0 0

The HUGS!!! The endless HUGS!!!!

11
6 21

The best part about being a mom is the unconditional love you get from them. It doesn't matter how you look or what you have on you are still Mom.
I

11
93 5

Meeting him for the first time. Breastfeeding. Seeing the changes every day. The cuddling.Learning to communicate together and seeing the world through his eys - all brand new, sparkly and adventurous.

11
6 20

I totally agree!!! going through each phase is a once in a life time experience!!!!! also, knowing/feeling that they REALLY do love us back!!

2 2

I think the best part of being a mom are the little moments that happen during the day. My son was tired and was put to bed. I always tell him that I will check in on him and I do but 9 times out of 10 he's asleep by the time I come back. The other day, he wasn't. I walked in quietly and he was laying there with heavy eyes. I looked in his crib and he reached up his arms for a hug. I bent down and slid my hands behind his back as he wrapped his arms around my neck and nuzzled his head under my chin. He breathed a deep sigh and fell asleep. His arms drooped, his head lolled. I took his arms from around my neck and wrapped them around his bunny.

After a rough of day of him testing his limits with me and a few minor skirmishes, that moment was so precious.

9
93 5

Oh that is so precious...

3 47

The best part about being a Mom to meis making memories,stories that will be past on from one generation to the next,and so on.The best of all of those memories with my boys is when they each came to be saved,to be born again Christians.That was the day I knew that we would spend our eternities together!!We will have forever to love each other,and reminisce about the great times we had together.I am so glad that God chose me to be their Mom!!!!!!

9
0 0

To me I will vote for you. That a person is saved by Christ is the most wonderful. Identity change from the child of Devil spiritually, please read John 8:44 To child of God(John 1:12-13) if you can guide your children according to Scripture we become the best mother. So many parents are having hard time because we do not know we are separated from God because of first Adam and belong to Devil spiritually. You are simply beautiful hope you win

0 4

The best part of being a mom is becoming a Nana!! My granddaugther has my heart!! I'm a 41 year old NANA and loving every moment of it.

9
0 8

Amen! I am 38 and have a 3 year old grandson. He definately has my heart!

30 0

So many things I remember about being a mom - but in all honesty, the best part has been seeing my kids grow up to be productive adults with children of their own - I'll tell ya! If you think being a mom is wonderful - being a GRANDMOTHER is even better. Grandkids are our second chance to be loving and share memories with them of their parents as kids.

8
0 9

There are so many "best parts" of being a mother. I have two daughters and they are the lights in my life. They give me strength and I thank GOD daily for them both. Simply watching them play puts a smile on my face and fills my heart with such joy. These feelings often overwhelm me and "happy" tears fill my eyes. I feel so blessed to have become a mother. It is amazing.

7
0 0

When my 2 year old says, "I lub you mommy."

7
60 13

I loved being PG. I was healthier and happier than any time in my life and yes I had morning sickness the first time. Giving birth is worth it when they put that darling baby in your arms.

Having a little person love and adore you no matter what until they are in their teens and sometimes their whole lives is priceless.

You have someone to play with and pretend to be a kid with. As you play with them you can teach them values and different things. That child is like a sponge until he/she is 5 years old. Then when they start to school, they are still sponges but with a lot of other influences unless you home school them. Whatever you have to teach them do it before the harmone wash because after that they are no longer dry sponges that soak everything up.

There is no way to explain the many feelings of bing a Mom. There are way more good ones than unhappy ones. I am 67 years old and have 2 children, 4 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild. I would not trade any of it for anything in this world. Being a Mom is priceless and amazing.

6
8 13

GRANDCHILDREN!!!!! They melt your soul........... :-) xox

my goodness.... I wrote my answer... & "then" scrolled down to read other answers.... I see I am not alone! (I just had to edit this & say this bit)

5
0 0

Hearing them call me mom:) I learn something new from my kids everyday

5
4 17

The best part of being a mom is knowing I am part of something so out of this world so perfect, knowing I was chosen to be my daughters mother not by some random act of fate but by the will of God.

4
0 0

LOVE, THE LOVE YOU FEEL FOR THEM AND THEY YOU. AND THEN WHEN THE GLAMM BABIES COME, OMG. UNCONDITIONAL AND THE PUREST. THANKS SO MUCH GOD FOR MY KIDS.

3
1 3

I agree with Renee! My grandson will be 2 shortly and watching him grow, getting the chance to play with him and watching for the smiles on his beautiful face, warm my heart! I have waited for this child a long time and now at 62 year young I got my wish and I'm lovin every minute!

3
2 23

So many things to write about but I would say my best part of being a mom is the idea of knowing that there is someone whose life depends on you and having the responsibily of watching out for him always

3
0 1

Grandchildren!

3
2 1

The best part of being a mother is when they reach adulthood and begin to encourage "you"..in pursuing your dreams. My children have done this for me; for years, i was their cheerleader and pushed them to do and to be their best. Now, at age 50, they are encouraging me as I complete my Master's Degree...they tell me "mom, you're smart; you can do this!!!"...Do you know what a blessing that is to hear that from your children? The tables have turned and it's very sweet. :)

2
0 1

Growing up, I always wanted to be a mom and I was very blessed with first, a little girl, and then 7 years later, a little boy. I could not picture my life without my children. They are both grown now. My daughter will be 36 in September and my son was 28 in February of this year, 2011.

The best part of being a mom is all the little things that happen spontaneously during a child's earliest years. I cherish the little notes from my children that they wrote when they barely knew how to write and now, I cherish the cards that they have both given me. In fact, I just had two cards framed, one from my son when he was 16 and one my daughter just gave me on my birthday this year. Those cards are especially meaningful to me because of the lines that they wrote inside. Since, I am 64, I am realizing that LOVE happens in small but very meaningful ways. Love is like a butterfly that comes when you least expect it and sits quietly on your shoulder, touching your heart.

Elisabeth Barry, Mother of Tiffany and Andrew Harrod

2
3 6

My children are 30, 27 and 22 respectively. For me it has been a wonderful journey from the first moment they were placed in my arms until today and it will keep on being so. The way a baby's eyes light up when he/she sees mommy is enough to make your heart burst with love and having the privilege to watch them grow from babies, to toddlers, to school going age, teenagers and then to see the end result - the wonderful adults they have become and to know that in some small way you as a mother had something to do with this whole process is just mind-boggling. I cannot wait to start on the next part of the journey ie becoming a grandma. One cannot explain to someone who has never had children the absolute unconditional love one feels for one's children. I was never really someone who planned to get married and have children, but I know that my children have made my life so much richer and will keep on doing so until the day I am no more. For this I will be eternally grateful to Him who decided to lend them to me.

2
2 0

When your kids become adults and they can take care of themselves and tell you that they had a great childhood.

2
1 6

When i was 11 yrs old my mother passed away. We were very close and very girly. We collected everything from dolls to fairys and made many things craft projects all the time. That void has been with me ever since she died. When i had my daughter i was so scared. They first put her in my arms i was relieved and put at ease because she was so familar to me. Now that she is 5 yrs old. We do craft projects together and collect doll size stuff and have tea partys. That mother daughter bond is back in my life. I feel like we picked up where my mom and i left off. I know first hand that these moments are to be cherished. I often find myself thinking " this is how my mom must have felt about me". My daughter has become my best friend. We argue and laugh and love. She is my Gem. My son at 2 yrs old is so funny. And loving. He loves to snuggle and has us laughing hard everyday. He melts my heart. They are apart of my soul. They are the best things about my life.

1
0 0

Hearing my children say "I love you" to me without me having said it first. Seeing the kindness in their hearts everyday. Feeling confident that I am responsible for who they are becoming and their values. Knowing that I am raising them to be the very best they can!

1
0 6

Unconditonal love between mother and child ...to me that is the best part of motherhood!!! Taking good care of my son, making sure he was alright and watching him grow up, wow there is no other such feeling that can match that!!
From my son's birth up to now where he has graduated and is now working and on his own...I am still at awe. He will always be the wonder boy of my life!!!

1
5 20

I think the best part of being a mom is the unconditional love I get from my two wonderful boys. No matter what I do or how I mess up they love me. I always know if I have had a bad day when I get home they can change that right away.

1
3 4

Grandkids

1
1 3

The best part about being a Mom is knowing you put this child in the world. The unconditional love is always there and you always have a best friend. My daughter is the world to me! :)

1
0 0

Getting to hear phrases like:

"Look Mom, I think I can kick my head!"

"I don't want to go to JC Penney. It's a death trap!"

"Mom, I'm getting older, I want more violence in my cartoons."

1
0 0

The best part of motherhood has definitely been receiving hugs, kisses, and "I love you, Mommy" when I least expect it and when I most need it!

1
0 3

watching them grow to adults and then becoming good friends with them! :) the best thing ever!

1
6 0

Th best part of been a mom for me is the. unconditional love that I get from my six kids I'm a mother of six n I dont have no regretted I'm only 28ys old but the joy that I have from my kids its unspeechless n the love that they give me♥

1
0 0

My children have grown to become such great parents, i am so proud of them. The best part is to be able to be there for them when they need me and of course to have the grandkids around and when my husband and I are ready we can just go home to ourselves!

1
1 4

Watching my daughter experience learning, growing, and becoming a productive adult. Then, becoming a grandmother because of her.

1
2 19

For me the best part is having my own business where I work from home. I get to see my 6 beautiful kids grow and be in every part of their lives. I love that I get to see all the firsts and not have some daycare tell me about them or kiss their booboo's or ment their hearts when they are sad. Everything about being with them 24/7 is amazing to me. Although when I read through other posts they bring tears to my eyes... I LOVE my kids!

1
0 0

Watching my children grow up & be the best parents and watching them work to have the things they want. Seeing my daughter with her grandchildren is just amazing to me! I remember my first grandchildren & how I felt, it only gets better with each grandchild & great grandchild!

1
7 0

When kids grow up and leave home. It's such a pleasure when they visit.

1
0 12

Seeing my son as an awesome daddy.

1
0 11

Seeing a chids eyes and smile light up a room after they have discover the have accomplihed and hard tsk.

1
1

20 to 35

0