What are the best products to buy in January and February?
Join Circle of Moms
Sign up for Circle of Moms and answer this question! Membership is just one click away.Join Circle of Moms
At the beginning of each year, we see lots of awesome deals on health food, exercise equipment, and all kinds of self-help products! The reason for this is that many people pledge their new year resolution to eat healthy, lose weight, or start other healthy habits every year. We also find lots of great clearance deals, particularly in the toy section as well as the holiday items! This is a great time to stock up for next year and to stock up on toys for gifts throughout the year! Whenever I can score a great deal on a toy, I stash it in the "gift closet" and save it until it's time to give it to one of my kids or to give as a gift to someone else!
The best items right now are all related to New Years Resolutions and valentines. working out, eating better, loosing weight, love and football. So the best things to buy when it comes to food is the health food and the in season produce.
As far as Working out, most places are having sales on their workout clothes right now. Now is the time to stock up on any workout clothing or equipment you may need.
Organization is a big one now too. tupperware and other organization items are on sale all through the month of January.
February will start with snacks and party items on sale along with basic sports items for the teams in the super bowl. then Valentines and all things love. desserts and other Items for Valentines dinner will be on sale along with those other items for gifts and dates!
As far a grocery shopping is concerned, January is when you should be able to find the lowest price on hot cereals. You'll also want to stock up on healthy food items such as, SlimFast, yogurt, Special K Cereals and bars, and healthy frozen dinners. If you're looking for clearance items, check out the Christmas section in your store. If there's anything that needs replacing from last year, this is the time to do it.
In February, be on the look out for party-type foods, such as chips, soda, frozen appetizers and more for the SuperBowl. The beginning of the month should offer sales on candy and chocolates for Valentine's day as well. February is also National Canned Foods Month. Take advantage of sales and coupons and stock up on canned soups and veggies.
Here are some tips on what you will find great bargains or prices on, from now through January. Prices on many of these items are the lowest you’ll find them all year, so if you have the extra money and extra space, you may want to consider stockpiling these things.
1. Christmas items: This one is pretty obvious, but Christmas items at most places are already 50% off or more and will only get cheaper as the weeks progress. Sure, it means lots of cheap Christmas decorations, gift wrap and all that stuff, but don’t forget gift sets–if they can be broken down into something you will use, and it’s very cheap, get it! Don’t forget about all the teacher, coworker and other gifts you usually buy in December–because now is the time to get those items if you can.
2. Christmas foods: Turkeys, hams, baking goods, candy….all that stuff that has been lining the grocery store shelves, it’s got to go! Check expiration dates, check your storage abilities and buy what you will use. Get a frozen Easter ham now! Next week they will be much cheaper than they are the week before Easter. Most stores allow you to use coupons on clearance items.
3. New Year’s Resolutions: What are the most common New Year’s Resolutions? Weight loss, getting healthy, working out, dieting, quitting smoking, getting organized. Yep, yep, yep and yep. All of those items–nutrition and weight loss products, fitness apparel, fitness equipment, stuff to get your home organized, over-the-counter weight loss and smoking cessation products–they’re all on sale now.
4. Think Back to School: Seriously. Many stores like Staples and Office Max, go along with the “getting organized” theme, as well as they know that most students young and old are returning to school/college after an extended break. And they want *you* to stock up at their store before you go. If you need these items, check the ads first–lots of it is on sale.
5. Procter & Gamble: Almost every year, Procter & Gamble does a series of huge promos at all the stores, plus a big coupon insert, often with a rebate attached.
6. Box Tops for Education: Besides Back-to-School time, this is the other time of year that Box Tops for Education and General Mills does a huge push for it’s products. Look for sales, coupons and rewards programs (with bonus BTFEs) in your local stores.
7. Cleaning items: Along with the “getting organized” theme, many manufacturers do promos on cleaning products and items.
8. Comfort foods: anything related to soups, stews and other types of wintery foods–look for deals and coupons.
9. Makeup/cosmetics clearance: January and July are huge clearance months for lots of items, especially cosmetics. I’ve already seen many items at 75% off at CVS. Combine with coupons for almost free stuff–this is one of my favorite deals to pursue!
10. Junk food: It’s Super Bowl or Football playoff season, so all the chips, dips, soda and other junk foods like that are usually very discounted.
January and February are great months for finding bargains on lots of regularly "high priced" items.
Almost all stores will be doing some sort of "year end clearance" and making room for the next years inventory.
Some of the best products on the chopping block are:
-Exercise Equipment: on the New Year, many resolutions are made to get more fit, and exercise companies are counting on it! They slash prices on many older models of equipment, or deeply discount new ones to get you to try their products and ultimately help you accomplish your goal.
-Winter Coats: January is the best time to be buying a winter coat. You might think this is wrong considering winter has only just began in some places at this time, but as I mentioned before, they are clearing out the old, and in with the new. My husband just got a heavy winter coat last week at Target. It was originally priced at $64.99, and he got it for only $21!
-Think outside of the box when buying items. Usually the items that aren't being used as much in winter time are also being discounted to help continue to bring in sales. This means you can typically get a great deal on boats and motorcycles which aren't used as much in the winter.
-Lastly Cameras and electronics are greatly discounted in Jan/Feb as well. This is the time that the National Consumer Electronics Show happens, and showcases all of the newest models coming out that year, and the old ones get the boot. The SuperBowl is also in January so, T.V.'s usually get a great price so that you can wacth the big game!
The BEST products to buy in January and February would be FLOWERS and Gym Deals and Winter Stuff!!!
Tons of daily deal sites will start having 50% off flower delivery vouchers! These vouchers are usually good through out the year! So don't ONLY think that you need to buy one voucher! You should be purchasing them when they go on sale for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Christmas, Birthday's, and for other moments! I think you will start seeing these deals in about a week if you are not already!!!
The other things that you will see go on sale...especially in february, will be good deals on workout gear, gym memberships, and gyms. The honeymoon sales of these places will start to decline and they will do another sale and promotion push in february!
WINTER CLOTHES! Yep! Purchase all those warm coats and sweaters and boots one or two sizes up for the kiddos!!! You will find them at 70 to 80% off in the clearance racks and won't want to miss out!!!
The best product to buy in January are after Christmas clearance toys with coupons from manufacturers websites!! Store are clearance out 2011 toys for 2012 toys and it is a great time to stock up on and save them for kids birthdays
In January, many clothing stores like the Disney Store and clothing retailers have humongous sales to get rid of the winter stock and prepare for spring. This is the perfect time to stock up on clothes for next year! I get all my kids designer clothes at Walmart prices, by buying them ahead of time on clearance! I then put them away in the back of their closet, or up in the attic until next year.
Also, lot's of stores like Target, have great toy clearance going on in January. If you have toy coupons to stack with the sale, you can grab even better deals! This is the perfect time to stock up on toys for birthday presents, Easter Baskets, and even for next Christmas!!!
Diet Foods, Winter Jackets, Oatmeal, Healthy Foods like Kashi, Soup, Fitness Equipment, Running Shoes.