What is the best way to cut your daughter's nails?

It's a lot harder to cut a baby's nails than you would think. Any tricks to make this process easier for both mom and baby?

149 22

i either cut them while shes asleep or hold her on my lap and sing to her while i do..she will sit still long enough for me to do them that way.

1
2 9

Either in the bath or if there real young you can bite the tips of the nails move slowly or you can cut them with them behind you and just holding there hands or feet.

1
28 29

With fingernail clippers when they're asleep. Just make sure you don't cut too close.

1
0 8

Its best to cut them when they're asleep. Use small nail clippers or that small pair of scissors with the rounded tip that usually comes with babies manicure sets and clip away when baby is fast asleep. Hope that helps.

1
1 0

when your baby is sleeping zats the best way to cut her nails... in deep sleep... but you mums have to be gentle n patient n careful not to hurt her or him... because she might agitate a bit when cutting z nails .

0
7 7

we've always used little scissors because you have more control than with clippers.

0
0 4

I do it while she's breastfeeding. Only works half the time though - sometimes she's engrossed in the feed and other times she's easily distracted. I trim whichever hand is on top of the breast, then do the other when she's feeding on the other side. I just use regular nail scissors after cutting her with some baby clippers (it bled for ages - not doing that again!!).

0
0 0

Could you do it when she's asleep? I have 4 children and they didn't dislike getting their nail cut but they were very squirmy. I would nurse (or bottle feed) and when they've dosed off I clip their nails. I hope that helps! Good luck! :)

0