What is the best way to help my teething baby with pain?

Teething can be an uncomfortable and painful process for a baby. The pain associated with cutting teeth can start months before the first tooth emerges. How do you help your baby deal with their teething pain?

711 9

Use a simple remedy from the past...Oil of Clove Bud, not only for teething babies but for all tooth pain at all ages. You used to be able to get it at a local pharmacy. Now I can only find it at a health food store in my area.

Apply to the gums of the baby with a q-tip. (cotton swab...not synthetic...cotton only).

For adults, drop from an eye dropper directly onto the affected area (gums and or teeth). Has a very strong clove taste but does the trick immediately. Excellent in clearing pain with teeth waiting to be distracted!

4
754 24

Be careful that it is diluted some because strait clove oil can burn the skin, cause rashes...etc. but diluted it works great without the side affects.

51 58

Humphrey's Teething Pellets! don't administer like they say just pop them in their mouth and let them suck on them, all natural.

3
10 15

As previously mentioned - the baltic amber teething necklace. My wee girl has teethed with it and without it and the difference was decidedly marked. Without it, she got nappyrash, lost all appetite, barely slept and turned into a tantrum throwing, wailing monster. With it - she's a bit grumpy and might wake up a couple of times in the night. That's without medicating her - which I am very uncomfortable about. So - can't reccomend it highly enough - would NOT be without one.

3
19 0

did u keep it on 24/7? i take my son's off at night so I find it doesnt work as well but it does help

19 2

I really liked the Hyland teething tablets. They worked soooo great on my first child but when I looked for them for my 2nd child, I was told there was a recall but not because of something harmful. I found some Hylands teething gel but it's not the same. If the teething tablets are put back on the shelf, I'm going to stock up on them. They also help with the lack of sleep due to tooth pain. These are homeopathic so it makes it even better.

3
4 15

just to update you they are back not sure why they were taken off. but none the less they are back and i have a stock pile of my own! they really are a great product! thanks for the suggestion! :)

29 8

teething tablets & a soft tip sippy cup. my son bites & bites on the sippy cup & drinks a little pure water at the same time, he loves it!

1
24 19

bonjela and baby panadol together work like magic! a lot of mums swear by the amber bracelets that are around too

1
12 0

you can try gripe water its all natural and organic it works also for tummy cramps and gas its amazing on what it can do

1
3 0

My baby loves a cold damp rag. teething tablets are a must! i just got him this net like thing with a handle on it. im not sure what its called. you stick frozen fruits or some ice inside and that helps. i got it at walmart. i also found that while holdin him tryin to comfert him with his pain that rubbin his gums with his soothie made him feel much better. he loved the sound of it squeking it usualy made him smile.

1
10 0

Cold teethingrings, frozen mini bagles, distraction...take them out to the park, playground ect. as often as you can it really does make a diffrence AND tons of kisses& cuddles, they really need alot of closeness in this difficult& painful time!! Good luck ladies!!

1
24 29

I offer a cold drink in a hard spout sippy she can chomp on, offer her a snack (like a cracker that she can gnaw on) and at bed time I let her sleep with a teething ring- she more so plays with it than anything but it helps her stay distracted from the pain

1
1 10

Baltic amber teething necklace.

1
52 3

Where do I find the amber teething necklace?

1 9

What I did for my kids was I stripped them down to their diaper and popped a few small pin holes in a frozen popice that comes in those plastic tubes and let them chew on it. This gives them the coldness to help the pain and a nice flavor to chew on.

1
19 0

i just did that this eve minus the pin holes...I just let him chew on the cold freezy

46 238

I buy plain baby rice biscuits for teething pain. These biscuits are chewy, but once it goes into baby's mouth it melts very fast and becomes very soft. The plain rice variety is also easy to digest and will not make baby feel bloated or choke baby. It is kind of tricky to find them in grocery stores though, so do some research online. I order a big batch at a time from Amazon.

1
1 0

It hurts to see them in pain but as always said its a part of life. Well,i give my 4 months old son a cool teether, gripe water 1ml & sometimes Syp. Adol 0.8ml. it does work.
All The Best & God Bless ur Little Angel...

0
0 0

none of these work help

0
73 0

I find that the warmth of an amber teething necklace has a great calming effect on my son and also giving him iced water and plenty of things to chew on and suck on like teething rings, pacifiers, food, frozen wash cloths and small pieces of smooth ice too. Some people use whiskey or bonjela and even panadol but for some babies alcohol can cause burning and irritation and I avoid panadol because it takes away the fever that your child's body creates in order to fight off any bugs that may come through when the tooth cuts through the gum. Also medicating your child this way can make the child rely on medicines in the future for any ailment that usually your body would successfully fight on its own. Having a child in pain can bring you to your knees so we try to make sure we keep to the same basic routine we have since we first brought him home at 3 weeks old and we give him lots of extra cuddles and that has really helped a lot. During the hours they are up distraction can sometimes be the key. It is going to be ok. We all have to go through this at some stage.

0
42 254

Hylands teething relief tablets dissolve on the tongue available through iherb.com usually arrive two days after ordering. They last 4 hours and work initially i start with one tablet then go to two when one stops working. usually takes 15 mins to kick in.
also a folded wet face cloth but into the chiller or freezer.
Have you noticed when they teeth there little cheeks go red and there bottom i recommend sudo cream for the bottom.

0
0 0

i made my 4 month old baby what we call a booboo bunny you take a zip lock bag put a little bit of water in it and freez it in freezer then wrap it up with a baby wash cloth and tie something on the top of it. my 4 month old loves that. ill also give her a little bit of baby teething gel and then let her suck on an ice cube i have to be very careful though because babies can get brain freeze

0
19 4

orajel & infant ibuprofin for pain & fver.

0
754 24

Baltic Amber Teething Necklace!!!!!!! Amazing!!!!!!!! My oldest DS broke through his first teeth (he always got 2 at a time) at 3m almost exactly, he started teething at 7weeks old and teething was always a difficult time for us.
DS2 started teething at 9 weeks, and broke through his first 2 teeth when he was 3m 3w, I bought him a necklace when he was 3m exactly and teething has been a breeze. I haven't noticed that he was teething until the teeth broke through and I realize he has been a little more clingy, wanting to nurse more, and a bit more moody, but not enough for me to notice until after when he was his normal happy/content self again.
Here is a link to learn more about them and why/how they work, as well to purchase if you choose to.
http://www.amberartisans.com/frasqu.html

0
15 59

calpol and nuefron (when they are screaming in pain and i cant cope any more) then i use bongela for babies or anbesol on to there gums n rub! and then some teething toys worked wonders with my boy hoping it goes the same for my baby girl!!

0
56 75

i use orajel, or hurricane gel and popcicles work to or teething rings and a paceifier

0
66 28

amber teething necklace, I saw a immediate change in my daughter, i went from refusing to eat, not sleeping, being continuously clingy and grizzly. straight away (as in the same night i put them on her) she ate dinner for the first time in a month, she slept almost back to how she was before teething, shes alot less grizzly and clingy, and almost back to her normal self. I swear by them

0
23 64

tylenol or motrin!

0
4 9

Τhey are a lot or remedies for teething but you can buy the teething rings filled with water put them in the fridge and give it to the baby to bite it really reliefs the pain,mom and dads fingers can all provide counter pressure that can sometimes bring relief.If sucking on the bottle bothers your child, offer a cold cup of water. The water can also help replenish your baby’s fluid if they’re drooling a lot or have loose bowel movements.

0
0 0

Melaleuca Oil is the best and it's all natural!!!

0
21 24

I used to freeze baby bagels. They are messy - But very soothing on the gums and give the baby something to do!

0
1 266

We found success with the amber teething necklace and Hylands teething tablets (for rough days, which were few and far between, thanks to the necklace).

0