What can I do with my old baby clothes?

Babies grow out of their clothes quickly and you are often left wondering what to do with all of them. What can you do with the baby clothes you are no longer using?

11 12

What I am going to do when I am done having babies is pick out the best outfits or the one that he or she loved and cut out a pretty good sized square and sew them together and make a blanket for them.

15
44 33

If you are having more children - box them up and label by size, I recommend clear bins if you have the funds or old diaper boxes if you are using disposables.

Not having more children - do the same as above for friends and family who may be having babies soon or if you are strapped for cash use facebook market place, kijiji, craig's list (all free to post) or Once Upon a Child or other consignment store. If you don't need the money and are community minded - Value Village donates a portion of the proceeds to Diabetes, Salvation Army, Goodwill, Church thrift stores. I DO NOT recommend the clothing donation boxes you see in parking lots. They are not always emptied regularly and things get ruined and thus help no one but the landfill.

11
15 49

Did not know there was a Facebook market place! Thank you!

378 25

save some of them through the years and turn them into a quilt when they graduate high school or college. It would be a great way to save some memories of through the years. As long as your crafty or know someone who is or can pay someone who is.

8
99 8

This is a cute idea. I've seen it done before. It has more meaning if you save ones that have special meaning. Like the outfit they came home from the hospital, gift from a special relative, T-shirt from their first vacation, first day of school, etc. you could do this with baby blankets too.

4 7

Check out ThredUp.com. It's an awesome clothing swap site where you swap the clothes your children have outgrown for the sizes they now need. You can also check them out on Facebook.

5
12 29

I donate mine to charites, I work for a Domestic Violence shelter, I give some to them, and a local church does a clothing hand out I give some to them. My children have enough clothes to clothe three children.

5
0 0

it would be nice if we could have some of those clothes if they are for babies infants

5 23

I put them in bundles by size and take a photo then put them on a local buy & sell page on facebook for a bargain price! They are usually sold by the end of the day! i also do the same with my other baby gear such as toys, bedding, prams etc

4
14 48

Send them my way ;) I make things out of old clothes..... Here is my page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zerrys-Recycled-and-Redesigned/221248734597845#!/pages/Zerrys-Recycled-and-Redesigned/221248734597845

3
3 0

I saw the most beautiful quilt on pinterest. They woman sewed special and entire outfits on large blocks of fabric. The dearest pieces were now always nearby. I plan to do that with our baby clothes. The rest I will take to kid to kid or donate.

3
186 11

Some baby clothes that are badly stained and can't be given away I keep to cut scraps off of them to make quilts!

3
23 8

I agree w/Colleen, for the most part. Keep them, for your next child. Pass them on. Or donate them!

3
8 20

*Give to Goodwell
*teen motherhood location
*Kidney Foundation

3
2 1

There is a program at please mum that allows you to bring in used clothing and they will purchase it from you for "please mum money". They donate the clothes to charities and you can use the money towards 50% of the cost of all purchases you make in the store. Clothing goes to those who need it and you get help towards purchasing new clothes for your ever growing little ones! Win, win!

3
27 0

What i do is keep all my favorite things because i have a brother with a wife who will be having children some day and then i donate the rest to my local clothing bank that just give the clothes to needing families in my community!

2
0 0

well we are in need times are sure hard and we are in need for infant clothes my daughters first baby some things I was able to help her with but we are still in need the winter is coming soon

4 54

they make great baby doll or teddy bear clothes. my daughter loved dressing her teddy up in her old baby clothes, i also kept the premmie diapers that she out grew and she would put them on her teddy as well.

2
8 5

I use freecycle, or donate to foster care organisations here in Australia.

2
2 11

Where I work we have 6 women who all had babies 6-10 months apart. So we all rotate clothes... I haven't had to buy anything but a few pair of jeans and a couple pairs of shoes since I went bck to work. Also if you don't have any moms at work, I would look for your closest homeless shelter or a help center that doesn't resale the clothing. I hope this helps. :-)

2
15 109

Pass them on to expecting friends. We also have a baby clothes swap every 4 months. We were so lucky to receive incredibly cute hand me downs for both of our kids.

2
38 20

I agree with Colleen Prentice. My only additional thought is to ebay them. :-)

2
84 0

Have you thought of Craig's List? I'm an avid Ebay user but in selling, I really like Craig's List. The transaction is done more quickly. If you're thinking about safety, meet in a local coffee shop. Ebay's great, it's just that there's more time and effort, and cost in doing it that way.

12 20

I have kept the 'sentimental' clothes, but given clothes away...to friends. All other clothes, furniture, toys and other baby items, I have donated to a local women's shelter and children's aid.

1
0 0

Sell them at your local consignment sale event! Then, donate what doesn't sell. Each consignment event works with a local charity so you can trust that your items will go to families who need them. My local sale is Just Between Friends. Its great because I get to sell the clothes my daughter grew out of AND buy everything she needs for the next 6 months (since the sale happens twice a year). www.jbfsale.com

1
0 28

I give away a lot of my children's clothes to younger neighborhood kids but keep a select few to sell and I use that money to purchase new clothing. I have found my best success on Facebook. I created a page www.facebook.com/ColettiKidsCloset and meet up locally or mail as cheaply as possible (usually a priority box packed tight).

1
20 0

We have a baby clothes "recycle" going on. Our son is 3, our friend's son is 2 and our nephew is 1.5. We use the clothes/shoes, pass them to the next boy, he uses them and his mom then ad's their clothes to the mix, then the get passed to our nephew. He uses them and his mom ad's his clothes to the mix and then they come back to us. When we have a child if it's a girl, someone is going to get a 5 year wardrobe for their son! We use the bin system, by age (0-3 months, 6-9 months, etc.).

1
0 0

I've already started cutting up out favorite clothes into squares and we are going to make a quilt out of it also. Don't feel bad if there are just some things you can't cut. I have a Brewers hoodie that my son wore all the time last fall, that I had the scissors up to but couldn't bring myself to cut it. lol. but also make sure you pass some down to other children or donate stuff to needy families. especially jackets, its about that time now. best of luck.

1
1 7

i gave mine to Department of Child Protection for all the foster babies out there and then they also went to the indigenious communities in the outback - there are a lot of people in need so I donated

1
5 3

I have 4 children (3 boys and 1 girl) so I've heaps of clothes stored in boxes (boxed by gender, season and age) in the attic, which takes up a good bit of space. At the moment, my two oldest and my youngest are boys so the clothes are being handed down from the oldest to the youngest. My SIL has 2 girls so my daugther's clothes are being handed down to her two cousins. Originally my plan was to donate all of my childrens' clothes to a charities that work with orphanages in Africa and other places. However now that additional family members have gotten married and have had children I decided to hold on to the clothes in for them. If I get them back when they don't need them anymore then I will go back to my original plan!

1
11 23

i tend to sell them to Once Upon A Child. and what they dont take i donate them to either goodwill or a unwed mothers home thats in my area.

1
43 44

In Australia there are some facebook sites that are called buy swap sell (for your area) perhaps check them out you can make some money also which is a bonus. Or as others have suggested hand over to other friends in baby mode.

And I also LOVE the idea of making a quilt I would love to do that actually.

1
15 49

I have never heard of that! I wonder if they have it or 20152?

27 6

Sell the outgrown clothes on an auction site (i.e. eBay, CraigsList); have a garage/yard sale; give/sell them to family or friends with children the same age; take them to a consignment shop (i.e. Once Upon a Child); box them up and save them for another child in the future;donate them to a church; or donate them to AmVets, Goodwill, or some other low income reseller.

Some Moms are crafty and make quilts with outgrown shirts (i.e. the mom in the Twilight series).

1
77 2

There is a place called Once Upon A Child. They are in many states around the country. You can take in your baby's clothes and they either give you cash or you can purchase something in exchange. Almost all the clothes there are $5.00 or under with a few exceptions but all the clothes are in pristine condition. With money being so tight, we can buy our daughter a whole season's wardrobe for like $50.00. They also take in and sell books, toys, cribs, strollers and all kinds of things. We bought our last stroller there for $60.00 and saw it later in Babies R Us for $220.00. You should see if they have a store like this in your area. It's such an awesome place to shop.

1
50 4

I'm actually part of a few groups on facebook that is similar to a consignment store, but through only your area and only moms/parents. Pictures are uploaded and other moms/dads comment if they want it, and you make arrangements to meet close by (some prefer a pick up at their house if transportation is an issue) This is so much safer than craigslist, and cheaper than ebay (because the other moms are local, there's no shipping) we make arrangements privately or through texts/emails/phone calls. It works both ways - you can buy AND sell on these sites. It's free to make a group on facebook, so if something like this doesn't exist in your area, create your own group!! Some of the groups I'm on don't limit items to buy/sell to only baby items, I've sold and bought basically every type of item off there!! If you need any help or have any questions, I run my own group, so I would be more than happy to help! I also keep a few special outfits for a quilt I'm making - I keep one item from a warm/hot season and one item from a cold/cool season, and their christmas pj's. :)

1
2 11

1
4 10

I am so jealous! I wish I knew more ppl with kids :/

0 0

i I'm interested in buying kids clothes, I want to send to Brazil, If you would like to sell send me email
magdapiresm@hotmail.com

0
3 0

www.jumblzar.com is an online, trusted marketplace to buy & sell used baby gear. Registration is completely free :)
Check is out today and good luck selling!
-Nicole
www.jumblzar.com

0
1

definitely www.toobigforthat.com - they buy and sell like-new kids clothes! x

http://www.toobigforthat.com

0
0 0

well I have a daughter with a new baby that would love to have these baby clothes

0
2 5

Well everyone seems to have given you all of my idea's: give them to a church, good will, salvation army, consignment shop... If your church has a single moms bible study us single moms can always use clothes. Of course I was the first of my grandma's grandkids to have kids so I pass them on to my family and if they don't want it I give it to my bible study Cradles Of Grace.

0
9 27

This is so funny because my mom and I were going through my son's room and she asked me what I wanted to do with all his clothes that were too small? She suggested a consignment store. The other option I was thinking is to give them to a family or friend who has a baby. They will greatly appreciate it.

0
11 5

I am going through this right now. I actual post my old baby clothes on Craigslist for free. I do this with all my baby stuff- I had a lot of people give me clothing, toys, diapers, and misc items when I really needed the help. So I pay it forward. If you know anyone who is pregnant that does not mind hand me downs, then ask if they would like it. I promise it works out in the end! Everytime I give something away for free, someone helps me out with something my kids need. You can always take some to a second hand store, and get a credit towards buying more clothing. The ones they don't take they donate to local communities or charities. Another idea is setting up a table at a mom-to-mom sale, and selling the clothes. Just a few ideas.

0
0 0

well you have picked the right family my daughter just had her baby in September and we are struggling for infant baby clothes and whatever you can give we would be very thankful divaluv00732@yahoo.com

0 0

If you have ability, do a quilt cover with some pieces any donate anothers.

0
227 13

I have 4 year old twin girls and I sell their clothes that are still almost new on ebay, the really bad ones I use as rags and the rest I donate to our local Woman's Refuge. Some women show up there with just the clothes on their backs and are always grateful for children's clothes. Same goes for toys - the girls' old toys go to the refuge.

0